Dubreulville>Hornepayne>Hearst>Longlac D'ville (with day trip to White River) - 2018

Canuck

Returned from Dubreulville on Monday. Trails up north are mint.

Here's a pic from the White River (Sunday day trip with Groomer Guy)

(if pic came through, will provide more/report - working off a new Chromebook - all things "Google" does not always import well - or play nice with Photobucket)

D'ville.jpg

Looks great! Lots of snow!

pic came through looks good. google, and photobucket suck (now that they went to pay to play). just post jpg's from you card, or computer direct to the thread. Ski

The riders:

AC + YA (a common pose, looking back :-P )

ACYA.thumb.jpg.e5c989f32333f1c0c330503df7d59a66.jpg

Tour planner and photographer, Groomer Guy

Luc1.thumb.jpg.7bfbe6e5ac38208b01013893f0e7eb52.jpg

Luc2.thumb.jpg.49b288e8a59adca10d93df3070169de8.jpg

Kip

Kip.thumb.jpg.9ad80e8120430d17979b7926bab26464.jpg

T

T.thumb.jpg.d3ee5a100f0a29f97853bb6ed405227f.jpg

Just came thru from dub to hornepayne. There is a nasty section of trail that has frozen over flow that takes up whole width of trail. It is pure ice. It sits 21 km's south of town on main trail. I had no flagging tape, so be careful thru there. Beaver chewed a bunch of trees and one across the trail too. I moved it off into the bush. Other then that trails are excellent. 

Thx VR 700. Great info. 

Agree with trails being excellent...

NW1.thumb.jpg.4cf32b2a041042fbb90d955ae6af43a6.jpg

NW2.thumb.jpg.b4e342c65dc6886842c59e794ec27944.jpg

NW3.thumb.jpg.f8cf9cffcdc189b2b00ef6ec7b424283.jpg

NW4.thumb.jpg.a9833a0e7808c17161949a5b7208d0f2.jpg

NW5.thumb.jpg.56d7eb782626d9e5100dab93bf4ca5b1.jpg

This next pic is on the D'ville to White River section (not sure if you did a side trip, VR 700. Doesn't sound like it. RECOMMEND the trip to White River. Next year, hope to ride up to  Marathon.

NW6.thumb.jpg.3bc72f2b1dff58261f5fe6f8d74f4c85.jpg

very stylish photo's, love it:rolleyes:

Looking good Canuck, keep 'em coming .... :D 

Keep them coming all my favourite spots

54 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Just came thru from dub to hornepayne. There is a nasty section of trail that has frozen over flow that takes up whole width of trail. It is pure ice. It sits 21 km's south of town on main trail. I had no flagging tape, so be careful thru there. Beaver chewed a bunch of trees and one across the trail too. I moved it off into the bush. Other then that trails are excellent. 

When sledjunk, irREVerent & I were running out of Timmins the other week I noticed a couple of small over flows as well. I don't recall any on the Corridor.

2 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

That flow has been there all season.  After a heavy snow it may disappear and then come back in time.  It was a very pretty blue ice last weekend.  It took me by surprise the first trip through also. 

pics not showing up for non members. Ski

2 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

pics not showing up for non members. Ski

Not showing up members (me) looking @ an Android device. 

6 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Not showing up members (me) looking @ an Android device. 

They showed up early on my android, but now they are disabled. You need to click on the photobucket image to view in a new window...

9 hours ago, Canuck said:

Thx VR 700. Great info. 

Agree with trails being excellent...

NW1_1.jpg

Canuck, your awesome pics showed up on my laptop earlier this afternoon but now this is what they look like.

15 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

They showed up early on my android, but now they are disabled. You need to click on the photobucket image to view in a new window...

I tried that & they were visible. Will see how they are on my laptop later.

I can't see them either.

Can't see them on my laptop (running Windows 7) now.

46 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Canuck, your awesome pics showed up on my laptop earlier this afternoon but now this is what they look like.

No time for a side trip going to hit about 1600 km's by the time I get back to Timmins. Next year. This year we are just doing big loop. In hearst now. 

4 hours ago, AC+YA said:

That flow has been there all season.  After a heavy snow it may disappear and then come back in time.  It was a very pretty blue ice last weekend.  It took me by surprise the first trip through also. 

Oh ok. I was riding during day light so I seen it as soon as I started coming down the hill. it is real slick now, no snow on it. Hopefully people see it in time. 

Cant see pics on my laptop either, ruing my Thursday night!

2 minutes ago, GTC said:

Cant see pics on my laptop either, ruing my Thursday night!

Here is one of dub system! 

IMG_0236.JPG

Jeesus....did VR700 just post a picture???? wow..:icon_photo:

I'll help out those who can't see Canuck's pictures...this might take some time to get all of them...going by memory....I could see them this afternoon....

5ab447878f6e3_closedcaption.jpg.05c24d10338c523df3051dd670b9b824.jpg

Closed Caption for the Vision Challenged:  A man, astride a snowmachine, looks over his shoulder rearward to the route over which he has just travelled. It appears he is waiting for something, somebody, or some people....perhaps travelling on similar conveyances......he is dressed in winter gear....despite the blue skies and apparent warmth of the sunshine....an older, yet distinguised looking character with a grey goatee....and a slight look of puzzlement or maybe impatience.........

Here is another one of dub system. Best trails I have seen this time of year period. Get up here and ride. 

IMG_0229.JPG

that water flow over the trail between the kabi, and hornepayne is there every year. you get used to it. just don't do anything suddenly, and you will be across it, before you "think" you might have a problem. no different than crossing any of the hundreds of creeks with snow/ice bridges that you have crossed without your knowledge on this 1600km trip... except this one, you can see. Ski

Archived