Elk Lake - Gowganda Trails

crainer99

Just noticed that Elk Lake Trail Blazers trails have gone to yellow.  Anybody know why?  Is this due to lack of snow?  I have a trip booked up there for this weekend.

I just talked to a lady at Gowganda Lake Lodge and she said it's because their groomer is down. I'm glad she was nice enough to inform me before I booked a room.

So I hope they get it up and running soon for the both of us.

No more grooming from shining tree north or east(C trail/L143 to Timmins and A107C to Elk lake) for the rest of the season because multiple groomers are down.

Martin river trails were groomed recently. Not one track on them, they looked good from road. 

That sucks that those groomers are done, snow conditions still look good in most areas from road except valley in new liskard needs snow. 

On 2018-03-19 at 6:03 PM, Carm said:

No more grooming from shining tree north or east(C trail/L143 to Timmins and A107C to Elk lake) for the rest of the season because multiple groomers are down.

Road crossings are also getting very bad.

On 19/03/2018 at 6:03 PM, Carm said:

Where did you hear that from . shinning tree groomer is out tonight

31 minutes ago, dedge68 said:

Where did you hear that from . shinning tree groomer is out tonight

Great news. Might get out Easter weekend. Thx

22 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Great news. Might get out Easter weekend. Thx

Thats what i was thinking. I don't want to ride on beaten up trails not worth th drive

Just spoke to Auld Reekie lodge was told groomer will be out tonight.

Also spoke to them this morning.  They said towards Elk Lake was groomed last night.

Also told me that they are closed as of this morning for the weekend due to prior commitments.

Archived