Looking for that final ride of the season - this weekend

Puggz

My last sno weekend of the season :(.  Easter Weekend has me deep into the Honey-Do list then the boat comes out in April for spring salmon and trout on lake O.

Looking for ideas around the best riding this weekend.  Going solo or willing to join others.  Leave mid day Friday and back late Sunday.  Yea yea, a lot of driving but you only live once!

I'm going on Thursday afternoon or Friday night not  sure yet. 

5 hours ago, andreyboater said:

I'm going on Thursday afternoon or Friday night not  sure yet. 

I will be in cochrane Friday staying at westway going to do canyon and back to Timmins most likely. 

Cochrane will be excellent if you want to drive that far.  Temagami north is still very good to excellent with some bare spots right around New Liskeard - unfortunately salt melts snow at road crossings.  Lots of places to stay in and around New Liskeard right on the trail.

A couple of us Likely heading out to temagami/cobalt area riding to and around temiskaming shores/new liskard

12 minutes ago, The Groomer Guy said:

If you want a ride of a lifetime, unload in Elliot Lake and head North West, you will love it.      

Check out this video from last Sunday, the trail is still the same.

video of D trail Dubreuilville to White River

The video won't open for me.

Maniwaki. Québec. North to reservoir boskakung. Shorter drive. Better sledding

8 hours ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

Maniwaki. Québec. North to reservoir boskakung. Shorter drive. Better sledding

Yes, Riding out of Rabaska Lodge Thursday to Sunday.

Taking 3 guys with me that have never ridden Quebec before.

Weather looks to ideal.

30 minutes ago, Fuse6 said:

Yes, Riding out of Rabaska Lodge Thursday to Sunday.

Taking 3 guys with me that have never ridden Quebec before.

Weather looks to ideal.

Is this a goid spot to stay?  Looking at it for next year.  How's the price for a weekend? Thanks

1 hour ago, gobills said:

Is this a goid spot to stay?  Looking at it for next year.  How's the price for a weekend? Thanks

Sledder package is $125.00 per person per day includes lodging, breakfast and very good supper.

Cottages have kitchen and believe can rent cottage flat rate if don't want the meal plan. Sledder package works well if have a group of guys, simple everyone look after their own bill.

Very good place to stay. The cottages aren't super fancy but way better than staying in hotel. Having a wood burning fireplace or stove makes such a better atmosphere. The main lodge is great.

Mekoos would be comparable to Rabaska.

If travelling with your wife and you want cozy luxury then Village Windigo is the place, just down the trail but is expensive.

If wanting hotel in Mont Laurier I like the Comfort Inn.

For anyone from Ontario that hasn't rode Quebec before I really like this area and suggest it for your first trip. Seems most people end up in St Zenon for their first time. St Zenon does have some good riding but is busy, not as many day loop options especially if not wanting to do big miles in a day.

Mont Laurier and North is easier to get to by truck. Trails are great, winding with lots of hills and topography change.

Basically travel from lodge to lodge, experience the wonderful sledding culture that Quebec works so hard at.

From Oshawa area figure on 6 hours to Mont Laurier. To drive to the lodges to the north, Rabaska, Club Fontrune, Mekoos, Village Windigo will be approx  another hour.

Steve

Heading out tomorrow morning for Temiscaming.

riding to Rouyn-Noranda tomorrow, then elsewhere in Quebec depending on conditions, for a few days.

Hopefully the weather holds out!

Thanks everyone!  Lots of good sno left if you want to drive

My plan is to join Fuse6 - my first sno trip to PQ :)  Just awaiting final approval from Steve and its a go... :umno:

Sudbury north still 9/10.

Groomers will be shutting down after this weekend but trails will still be open.

griff you sending emails from florida? cant get enough eh ....Puggz you wont be disappointed in Rabaska or mekoos both are top notch well except windigo resort , exceptional chalet/condo accommodation and gourmet food better than your fav place in your town or city.be prepared to pay 275.00 each a night includes break and din but worth every penny.Trails are (Ontario 10+) quebec 8.5 to bucket list.

8 hours ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

^ Nice, you'll love it.

Riding Mt Laurier myself Thurs to Sunday.

ZR,  where are you staying?

Got here at 2pm, riding partner joining me tomorrow so I headed out n did a 150 loop by myself up to St Anne du lac. Trail conditions range from 8 to perfect 10. About 40+ plus miles on virgin groomed on my way back down.

ZR I send a reply to your post Thursday night but obviously with the poor wifi we had at the lodge it never went.

Hope your had as great a ride as we did. Rode 1080 km as near perfect trails. Majority of it couple different loops N of St ANNE du Lacs. Couple tours to Devils Mountain. Furthest S we got Chute Saint Phillips. Thin there along the rode. 

Puggz joined us Friday night for his first Quebec experience, think he was impressed.

Perfect weather made it a great trip to wrap up the season

4 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

ZR I send a reply to your post Thursday night but obviously with the poor wifi we had at the lodge it never went.

Hope your had as great a ride as we did. Rode 1080 km as near perfect trails. Majority of it couple different loops N of St ANNE du Lacs. Couple tours to Devils Mountain. Furthest S we got Chute Saint Phillips. Thin there along the rode. 

Puggz joined us Friday night for his first Quebec experience, think he was impressed.

Perfect weather made it a great trip to wrap up the season

Where did you base out of?

4 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

No shortage of snow up there. Taken near hearst on Thursday. 

IMG_0383.JPG

Archived