It Doesn't Seem Right

MR WEEZ

Today in southern Ontario I had the garage doors wide open going over my sled for this Fridays trip in just my T shirt. My wife doesn't believe me when I said there was still snow up north. Silly wife.

Know what you're sayin'. Three generations of my family think that I am nuts heading north sledding tomorrow. 

11 minutes ago, tricky said:

Know what you're sayin'. Three generations of my family think that I am nuts heading north sledding tomorrow. 

Let 'em ... ride on.

Just got back from Dubreuilville trails are the best they’ve been all year

At this rate we will be riding well into April.  There is no significant warmup in our forecast for the next 2 weeks.  Lots of sun will clear roads in town and at crossings,  but still getting cold at night so minimal melting on the established trail base.  Maybe I will see if I can beat my record or sledding to the Kaby river later than April 26th like I did 4 years ago (too be fair I did trailer 2km south to the airport to avoid the road running in town).  

Not worried about fishing the walleye closer (April 14th)  from a boat this year either.  

9 minutes ago, 1049 said:

Just got back from Dubreuilville trails are the best they’ve been all year

X2. Trails are mint. 

Keeping an eye on Elliot Lake north..always felt that was the longest 'comfortable' drive from GTA for Northwest Ontario trails. Day 1 riding is Elliot Lake to Halfway Haven or Wawa. Day 2 destination is Dubreuville, even if you stay as far north as Wawa night 1. Arrive early Day 2  in D'ville and ride Dubreuville to White River as a day trip. Epic trail. Day 3 north to Hearst or Longlac ( yippee!  - trail is open but bring fuel). Reverse home. Many choices.

Quebec looking to survive into April. That’s where I am going. Different world

10 hours ago, Canuck said:

X2. Trails are mint. 

Keeping an eye on Elliot Lake north..always felt that was the longest 'comfortable' drive from GTA for Northwest Ontario trails. Day 1 riding is Elliot Lake to Halfway Haven or Wawa. Day 2 destination is Dubreuville, even if you stay as far north as Wawa night 1. Arrive early Day 2  in D'ville and ride Dubreuville to White River as a day trip. Epic trail. Day 3 north to Hearst or Longlac ( yippee!  - trail is open but bring fuel). Reverse home. Many choices.

Elliot lake doesn't have normal snow amounts but Timmins isn't much further maybe 100 km's or so. 

Thx VR700.

Halfway to Chapleau is mint according to guys last night at Valentine's. Tabletop smooth. 

Happy trails.

29 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Thx VR700.

Halfway to Chapleau is mint according to guys last night at Valentine's. Tabletop smooth. 

Happy trails.

Probability be ok if you go soon, dan said it was better in el then two weeks ago. If it warms up later this week, maybe tough go out of there. Just a heads up could always call Trish and see what riders are saying. Though. 

18 hours ago, MR WEEZ said:

Today in southern Ontario I had the garage doors wide open going over my sled for this Fridays trip in just my T shirt. My wife doesn't believe me when I said there was still snow up north. Silly wife.

Exactly 20 years ago (March Break), the wife and I headed to the airport for Hawaii,  it was 25 degC.

We were joking about this yesterday cause it was warmer here than there.   

Archived