Kitchener to Timmins

Viperules700

Is it better to take highway 11 to 101 or highway 400 to 17 to 144? Looking at safest route, never drove 144 before. 

Have drove both ways from Guelph.Both very close in distance,144  is a bit twisty and 2 lanes  with limited places to pull off.

48 minutes ago, CAT RIDER said:

Have drove both ways from Guelph.Both very close in distance,144  is a bit twisty and 2 lanes  with limited places to pull off.

Ok thanks will take 11. 

We drove 144 from Sudsbury to Timmins on our February trip. Full 3 1/2 hrs. We were surprised how good the highway was. Yes, it was twisty, but not enough to slow you down. Good pavement & good scenery. 

Ok take the 144 home. 

When are you heading up?  

48 minutes ago, Wimpy said:

When are you heading up?  

Leaving in 7 hours. Riding Tuesday thru Saturday.. Going to try to crack 2000 km's on this trip. 

144 is probably better takem during the day. Ive driven it both ways over the years and not a lot of traffic in the evening should something happen.

Stopped at burger world right across the street from caseys (they were still closed). You can spot canadian tire gas bar from highway 11 in north bay just before you got back on highway heading north or as soon as you get off if you are heading south. Food was great and it was fast. 

3 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Stopped at burger world right across the street from caseys (they were still closed). You can spot canadian tire gas bar from highway 11 in north bay just before you got back on highway heading north or as soon as you get off if you are heading south. Food was great and it was fast. 

Yes, great choice for Burger World indeed.  There is a second one on Hammond Street which is first left of Fisher Street at Highway 11/17 traffic lights.  Usually a lineup to get in at lunch and weekends.

Post some photos from Timmins.

18 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Leaving in 7 hours. Riding Tuesday thru Saturday.. Going to try to crack 2000 km's on this trip. 

You'll have to do a bunch of side loops to get 2000 km.  ITG says the direct route is only 1216 km. this year for the big loop.

33 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

You'll have to do a bunch of side loops to get 2000 km.  ITG says the direct route is only 1216 km. this year for the big loop.

We will get lost some where no doubt. Lol We will see how many km's I actually get. Probably be 1500 or so.

18 hours ago, revrnd said:

144 is probably better takem during the day. Ive driven it both ways over the years and not a lot of traffic in the evening should something happen.

I agree revrnd. The moose travel at night and while they don't do well in a truck accident, neither does the truck. The last time I drove the 144 from 17 to the Watershed, I counted 12 moose kills. Not a great place to drive at night.

18 hours ago, catinental couch said:

I agree revrnd. The moose travel at night and while they don't do well in a truck accident, neither does the truck. The last time I drove the 144 from 17 to the Watershed, I counted 12 moose kills. Not a great place to drive at night.

Frezzerburnts Uncle?? had a bad collision on 144 a couple yrs ago. It took out most of the front end of a panel van.He posted pics,Lucky to be alive.

We are killing deer up here like it is a video game.The new hydro right of way has brought them out of the bush on to the hwy.

I nearly got 5 deer on the East Carling Bay Road this afternoon.  I was at a dead stop by the time deer 4and 5 finally ran past. I have found that if you see a deer crossing the road, there are more of them behind. Lots of hits in my travels according to the blood stains on the asphalt and that is all in a ten mile radius.

On 2018-03-18 at 10:18 PM, Viperules700 said:

Have a great trip!

Archived