Laurentien Lanaudiere Ride Report

signfan

Just got back from three days of exceptional riding.  

Day 1 - Mont Laurier - St Zenon

Day 2 - St Zenon - Outfitter just south of Parent

Day 3 - Outfitter - Mont Laurier

The area got fresh snow last week.  We rode in 4” of Powder Thursday which was on top of a smooth base.  Last two days I’d say 95% of the Trails were freshly groomed.  Everything in these areas is still mid season.  Mont Laurier will be the first to deterioate, but it hasn’t yet.  If you haven’t got your riding in yet I highly recommend this area.

Thanks for the report, heading that way late this week.

Which place you stay at in Parent. Debating between Domaine du Vent or head further north to Baragge Gouinn.

Haven't been to either one.

100 lac de suds.  Food was exceptional.  Not so impressed with the rooms.  They were clean and modern, but extremely small and the bed was a sheet of plywood and 2x4’s.  No blow dryers or TVs in the room.  I would have been fine with that, but not when you’re paying $120 a head plus taxes.  The bill was over $280 for the room, supper and breakfast.  I’d try pouvoire Fer a cheval.   It looked nicer when we rode by.  Didn’t make it all the way to Parent.  There might be something else there as well.

We are at domain l'ombre du vent now. They are very nice cabins!! No restaurant on site but a couple clicks to town. 1 click to fuel, booze and pretty well stocked food store. Cabins have everything you need to make your own meal. 

Livin'

spent the last week riding out of Auberge le Cabanon. Great location. We put on 1500 kms in the 4 days with lots of fresh snow and groomed trails. 1st time in Quebec. Only complaint we had was the lck of trail number signs at intersections. Had to pull the APP out a few times to make sure we got it right.

Thanks for the input guys. Thinking May book Mekoos then make the run north to Barrage Gouin.

Like the looks of the cabins at Parent but doesn't work distance wise for the loop I want to do

Archived