Cochrane

Xfirecat

Just saw a post on the Facebook looking for someone to take a groomer part to Cochrane from Barrie. Anyone without FB going north soon? 

I believe the clutch fan went out of the Polar Bear BR. They had a post a few days ago wondering if someone (a club) in the south would have an extra clutch fan for a 2005 BR180 or if a southern club had a groomer they could borrow and have floated up.

5 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I believe the clutch fan went out of the Polar Bear BR. They had a post a few days ago wondering if someone (a club) in the south would have an extra clutch fan for a 2005 BR180 or if a southern club had a groomer they could borrow and have floated up.

I believe they received a groomer a few days ago from another district, while they want for part for broken down one (part is back ordered) This was last I heard. 

Groomer they received was from within the district (from Val Rita) with the Kap and I believe Mattice clubs extending their runs to cover that area while their groomer was on loan.  This was the lowest cost and quickest option.  Within hours of PBRs Facebook post the groomer was on the float and was on the trail that night.  

2 hours ago, matt17 said:

Groomer they received was from within the district (from Val Rita) with the Kap and I believe Mattice clubs extending their runs to cover that area while their groomer was on loan.  This was the lowest cost and quickest option.  Within hours of PBRs Facebook post the groomer was on the float and was on the trail that night.  

TOP A was in good shape this afternoon when we rode back from Hearst.

Hope you guys have a great time up there.  We came home today but had a great week up there.

Trails were 10 all week!!

Minor detour this morning around cochrane highway was closed due to a fire from what we could see.

17 hours ago, gobills said:

Hope you guys have a great time up there.  We came home today but had a great week up there.

Trails were 10 all week!!

Minor detour this morning around cochrane highway was closed due to a fire from what we could see.

Thanks doing big loop, going to be around 1500 or so km's. starting and stoping in Timmins this time.,

Can report on the western portion of the Great Northern Loop :

Hearst south to Hornepayne is 8/10 ( flat but it feels like you're riding waves...you might bottom out). Tough to explain ( not the diet part, which allegedly prevents spinal tap) but trails are deceptive. Look fast, are fast , until whoop.

Hornpayne south to Dubreuville  10/10. Freshly groomed, for the most part. 

Dubreuville to Halfway Haven 10/10 ( didn't ride...but spoke to White Dragon and others who rode up to D'ville last night. Mentioned HH north to Wawa was groomed Thursday). 

Am currently ( Sunday) in Chapleau ( drove truck south) and trails by road crossings are freshly groomed. Can't tell ya if that bodes well for HH east to Chapleau - but trails look good near Valentine's Bed and Breakfast. Decided to stop in on Ross - fond memories of sledding up here with yoot, years ago. 

Seems to be a consistent grooming effort in this district.

Stopped in Cochrane for a snack. TOP A from the TOP C intersection into SRF looked good.

Kapuskasing to Cochrane to Iroquois Falls then over to Timmins, trails were fantastic yesterday.

Archived