Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Viperules700

Chapleau Accomdations

Recommended Posts

Where to stay in chapleau valentine farms is full. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aux trois Moulin, is the only other choice, I beleive. Ski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes contact aux trips moulins. They have purchased the riverside motel as well. (We stayed there for sports last year, register at 3 mills then drive to other hotel). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, matt17 said:

Yes contact aux trips moulins. They have purchased the riverside motel as well. (We stayed there for sports last year, register at 3 mills then drive to other hotel). 

Sounds like Manitouwadge 10 yrs ago...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

found accomdation just outside of town at moose horn lodge. Suppose to be a high end place with home cooked meals. I ordered roast beef for supper. Only down side it is a few km's down a side road. Pat at hotel in dub found me this place. Apparently you can run hydro line which crosses right thru property. Let you guys know how it works out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

found accomdation just outside of town at moose horn lodge. Suppose to be a high end place with home cooked meals. I ordered roast beef for supper. Only down side it is a few km's down a side road. Pat at hotel in dub found me this place. Apparently you can run hydro line which crosses right thru property. Let you guys know how it works out.  

looks like a nice place vr report back please cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a great place to stay. We stayed there last year and a few times with work this summer. It is off the trail and you have to run sheppard-Morse road. But it's only plowed for 2 km south of the moosehorn..  but there's cooling to be had on the side. If you call ahead you can as for some fuel and some drinks and they will run to town and grab it for you. I'm not sure if you guys are doing a loop but if your next day is going to be long and your heading east- i'd just run sheppard-morse up to the 129, cross the hwy and follow the unplowed road to the trail- It will have sled tracks on it.

 

The yellow section of the trail runs long the road and sees a crap load of sun, there will be a few exposed rocks to look out for, nothing major at all, just take your time in that section. If you see the trail bed along the road in the summer you'd wonder how the heck anyone can make a trail out of it. Hope you guys have a great rides!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Crawdaddy said:

It's a great place to stay. We stayed there last year and a few times with work this summer. It is off the trail and you have to run sheppard-Morse road. But it's only plowed for 2 km south of the moosehorn..  but there's cooling to be had on the side. If you call ahead you can as for some fuel and some drinks and they will run to town and grab it for you. I'm not sure if you guys are doing a loop but if your next day is going to be long and your heading east- i'd just run sheppard-morse up to the 129, cross the hwy and follow the unplowed road to the trail- It will have sled tracks on it.

 

The yellow section of the trail runs long the road and sees a crap load of sun, there will be a few exposed rocks to look out for, nothing major at all, just take your time in that section. If you see the trail bed along the road in the summer you'd wonder how the heck anyone can make a trail out of it. Hope you guys have a great rides!!

Thanks heading west the next day to dub. I see what you mean about running the road as a short cut to rejoin the trail. I did order drinks, didn't know they would get fuel. Is fuel in chapleau hard to get too. They told me fuel was only 1/2 km up the trail before heading Down towards them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Viperules700 said:

Thanks heading west the next day to dub. I see what you mean about running the road as a short cut to rejoin the trail. I did order drinks, didn't know they would get fuel. Is fuel in chapleau hard to get too. They told me fuel was only 1/2 km up the trail before heading Down towards them. 

Yep. The owner of the Motel also owns the pumps. The owners also arrange to drive you to the restaurant for dinner and breakfast. Booze is in the same building as the restaurant and grocery store (not Luc's Place).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad Valentines is full. We stayed there in '03 or '04.

 

My most recent stay in Chapleau was @ the Aux Trios Moulins in '12.

 

We stayed @ the Riverside 1 year & I seem to recall the rooms were rsther small.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Too bad Valentines is full. We stayed there in '03 or '04.

 

My most recent stay in Chapleau was @ the Aux Trios Moulins in '12.

 

We stayed @ the Riverside 1 year & I seem to recall the rooms were rsther small.

Yeah big group came in. Don't want to go other way around, since we like stopping at moon beam when it is open as well. This place looks good though. 

Edited by Viperules700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, revrnd said:

Too bad Valentines is full. We stayed there in '03 or '04.

 

My most recent stay in Chapleau was @ the Aux Trios Moulins in '12.

 

We stayed @ the Riverside 1 year & I seem to recall the rooms were rsther small.

Do you think it is a full day ride from Bon hotel in Timmins to chapleau. That hotel easy to find my way out on trail system. Thinking this loop is going to be 1500 km's or so. Hopefully 900 doesn't quit in dub. Going to have Dennis 007 on stand by. From Timmins to wawa is new terriortory for me. 

Edited by Viperules700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Timmins to Chapleau is one day. Foleyet is pretty much halfway @ 145 klicks taking TOP C rather than A111C to go west out of town

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

timmins to chapleau is about 175 miles, it will be a good days ride. or you can tack on another 60 miles and stay at halfway haven. Ski

Edited by skidooboy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, skidooboy said:

timmins to chapleau is about 175 miles, it will be a good days ride. or you can tack on another 60 miles and stay at halfway haven. Ski

I think we are good. My dad is 71, so don't want to over do it and camp style beds don't suit his back well. I would stay in a heart beat if it was just me and ride extra distance. 

Edited by Viperules700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, skidooboy said:

timmins to chapleau is about 175 miles, it will be a good days ride Ski

x2

Trail speed is a bit quicker once you get away from Timmins onto the C101D & until you get to the Opishing R bridge.

 

There is some active logging northeast of Foleyet, but it doesnt affect the trail. 

 

The 3 of us seemed to make a better pace on our ride the other day compared to my only other trip years ago.

 

Good on your father for being able to snowmobile up here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×