2018 Kapuskasing Adventure

revrnd

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, gobills said:

Have fun up there fellas.  We had an amazing week.

Trails were 10 all week.   Thanks to all clubs in the north.  We will be back!

Trails ARE in great shape from Moonbeam west. A bit of choppiness in the corners where folks are getting into the throttle, but nothing whopped out like a MX track.

6 minutes ago, gobills said:

A couple from L135 my new favorite trail in ontario.

20180316_131743.jpeg

20180316_150926.jpeg

We might check it out as Sledjunk hasnt ridden it. If you get west of Kap next time check out L123 & L147 too.

Stopped on TOP A north of Mattice:

20180317_115453.thumb.jpg.ce9850f0d3c3ea3886f721ae1053d1c4.jpg

Not sure if you can read road sign.

On TOP A north of Mattice. We turned onto L155 west of the Missanaibi River crossing & rode it into Hearst. It had been several years since I had run it.

20180317_115515.thumb.jpg.00e32c515976970928bc47323702ea2c.jpg

How much snow? This much!

Resized_20180317_115125.jpg

I did every trail this week in Kap and more LOL  Love it there.  L123 is amazing as well.  Like the riding of the off beaten path stop take some breaks met a coupe having a fire on the side of the trail.  So much fun!

22 minutes ago, gobills said:

Resized_20180314_155814.jpg

Did you show the kids on a map where Fraserdale is? 

I have to agree.... trails are top shelf. Wasn't the case the last 2 weekends. Damned sight better. Apparently both our groomers were broken for a while. 

This happened to me today...

Resized_20180317_162152.thumb.jpeg.16100b3d01ae853c0fd47ffc7ce75861.jpeg

Had a quick supper and headed back solo.  Trip home was uneventful, but still entertaining... :D

20180317_205356.thumb.png.37f7c3d2f77192ba5b396aa5be69f1ec.png

2 minutes ago, gobills said:

Yes we did, they all though it was pretty cool how far away from home they were, but on a snowmobile LOL

Cool!

Yesterday on the loops south of Moonbeam, we saw a father and son on sleds. The young lad was on an Indy 340. Today passing thru Opaz we saw them again :right_on:. .

red 340??  If so they were from the super 8 they were doing some good miles.  Father on a XLT??  They gave us some hand and foot warmers at the hotel the father gets them by the case so he was giving them away.

1 minute ago, Denis007 said:

I have to agree.... trails are top shelf. Wasn't the case the last 2 weekends. Damned sight better. Apparently both our groomers were broken for a while. 

Had a quick supper and headed back solo.  Trip home was uneventful, but still entertaining... :D

You didnt blur out the max speed portion of the screen LOL

Glad the ride home went fine. I'm not so sure if I'd be so confident riding back alone late in the day (grover_yyz spotted you going by). Did you meet any sleds? 

We've always noticed up here that @ certain times of the day in certain place you'll see sleds, after late afternoon unless you're travelling the 'wrong way' you wont see sleds.

Great meeting up with you (in a funny spot) and 5hat you were able to ride w/ us.

5 minutes ago, gobills said:

red 340??  If so they were from the super 8 they were doing some good miles.  Father on a XLT??  They gave us some hand and foot warmers at the hotel the father gets them by the case so he was giving them away.

I didnt notice the father's sled. The 340 stuck out because my mother had 1 for a few seasons after she wore out her 2nd Indy Lite LOL

7 minutes ago, revrnd said:

You didnt blur out the max speed portion of the screen LOL

Glad the ride home went fine. I'm not so sure if I'd be so confident riding back alone late in the day (grover_yyz spotted you going by). Did you meet any sleds? 

Didn't need to blur it out ... that was on the Harty concession road :D

Any sleds?  Not once I got past Kap.  I'm not that worried around here, knowing the trails and the late of the land so well. My stomping grounds, so to speak. 

I wouldn't ride with the same "confidence" as I did today, if I was on unfamiliar territory... Canyon East side alone for example.  That was a "keep it on the trail no matter what" kind of ride. 

There's a time and place,  and like you said, little traffic after supper... had the trails all to myself :D (except for the 2 young goofs near Hearst on Cat standup sleds running grape juice oil ... made sure they stayed waaayyyy back there ...)

8 hours ago, Denis007 said:

On 3/2/2018 at 12:48 PM, Denis007 said:

.... But ... but ... but the speed limit .... 50 ... ?????   :lmao:

:rotflmao:

7 hours ago, sledjunk said:

:rotflmao:

Dennis will tie cops to a tree if they showed up at his house. 

19 hours ago, Denis007 said:

I hope you didnt watch the hockey game... :poke2:

That would've spoiled a nice day w/ some OCers

19 hours ago, Denis007 said:

There's a time and place,  and like you said, little traffic after supper... had the trails all to myself :D (except for the 2 young goofs near Hearst on Cat standup sleds running grape juice oil ... made sure they stayed waaayyyy back there ...)

Which brand is that? LOL We caught up to someone that was running perfume scented oil this afternoon.

3 hours ago, revrnd said:

I hope you didnt watch the hockey game... :poke2:

That would've spoiled a nice day w/ some OCers

Mike Babcock is my most recent hockey hero, no problem here. Like me, he's also from Manitouwadge. I also know where he camps in spring (a resort not too far from here) after the playoffs.... :D

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

Which brand is that? LOL We caught up to someone that was running perfume scented oil this afternoon.

Sinto or something else. Not Amsoil, I've seen a sled running it, no smell.

Cat oil is green.  Something like St Patrick's Day beer.

Great milestone(s) Denis. Congrats

48 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Mike Babcock is my most recent hockey hero, no problem here. Like me, he's also from Manitouwadge. I also know where he camps in spring (a resort not too far from here) after the playoffs.... :D

Sinto or something else. Not Amsoil, I've seen a sled running it, no smell.

It's all good. The Habs fans I know say "What about all the previous seasons?"

apeXMAN is just checking the weather & it looks sledder friendly for the week. The groomer just went west of town. Not sure if it went out TOP A or L143 to L123.

Hope you folks are having a blast!!

Fantastic trails and company.  Even the 'doo guys :poke2:

Archived