2018 Kapuskasing Adventure

revrnd

Leaving in a few minutes for the Corridor. Meeting Sledjunk in Emsdale for the convoy up. 

Forst trip up that way since my last season ride in '16.

Got a PM last night & we might have a last minute addition that will join us part way thru.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have a great trip, weather looks perfect! 

Wish to be there. Have fun, play safe. Cheers

Have fun guys.  I messed my shoulder loading up this morn.  :(

Hope the trails are fantastic!!

6 hours ago, Wimpy said:

Have fun guys.  I messed my shoulder loading up this morn.  :(

Hope the trails are fantastic!!

That sucks.  Would have been nice to meet you.

We will. E leaving Timmins by 930 heading to Hearst. We will stop by tomorrow on our way through Kap! See you then. 

19 hours ago, gobills said:

Trails are absolutely amazing up here right now.

20180314_125427.jpg

Rode over the bridge a couple of hours ago.

5 hours ago, Evil said:

We will. E leaving Timmins by 930 heading to Hearst. We will stop by tomorrow on our way through Kap! See you then. 

Not sure what our plans are for tomorrow, but will keep this in mind. Are you pretty much sticking to the A trail to Hearst?

We are going to do the Fushimi loop tomorrow before heading to Kap. We're you at the MoonbeM clubhouse around 1pm today?  Saw somebody with the same jacket as the Mr. I thought it might have been you 

28 minutes ago, Evil said:

We are going to do the Fushimi loop tomorrow before heading to Kap. We're you at the MoonbeM clubhouse around 1pm today?  Saw somebody with the same jacket as the Mr. I thought it might have been you 

you guys/girls riding 4 doos?  If so i past you crossing government road today.

49 minutes ago, Evil said:

Its possible. The last text I sent to bro was 12:15. So we probably left just before 1. Did you not see Sledjunk? We left going west.

If we dont cross paths on the trails tomorrow, hope to see you guys in Kap. We're in rooms 20 to 23.

264 klicks for the day. Did the south loop out of Moonbeam for a treat. L123 had some drifting south of Kap beside the fields. 

-24* to start the day & it's -3* right now.

Gobills may have slowed down to read this sign

20180316_113340.thumb.jpg.5d677eef8b06d17a4dfdfa9b6c0e915d.jpg

Feeding time @ the clubhouse

20180316_123155.thumb.jpg.26d9dc6305b6152b3e8ea29b8f2c7e29.jpg

Checking the time stamp on the pic Evil & we left around 12:30

I think it was yku we saw. We didn't stop at the club house but we were in Hearst at 2:50 pm. Time sounds about right! We will look for you tomorrow!

I think it was yku we saw. We didn't stop at the club house but we were in Hearst at 2:50 pm. Time sounds about right! We will look for you tomorrow!

1 hour ago, Evil said:

There were some sleds go by when I was on the north side of the trail taking pics. Well we are getting closer to meeting up this winter LOL. To those newer members I've known of Evil & Good online since the days of the old SnowmobileWorld forum. My S-I-L met up with Good back in 2012 @ Gowganda.

Plans as of now are for us to take L123 & L155 to Hearst for lunch. Return trip will take us on L147.

Have a safe ride tomorrow!

A question for @Claire Voyant is that a shelter on the west side of Lac Meilleur @ the east end of the Sno Rovers section of L123?

@Denis007 not sure what our plans are for after lunch in Hearst. I'll PM you my cell #.

On 3/15/2018 at 5:58 PM, gobills said:

Trails are absolutely amazing up here right now.

20180314_125427.jpg

Was that miss skittles AKA Lily in the pic?

11 hours ago, revrnd said:

Gobills may have slowed down to read this sign

20180316_113340.thumb.jpg.5d677eef8b06d17a4dfdfa9b6c0e915d.jpg

Feeding time @ the clubhouse

20180316_123155.thumb.jpg.26d9dc6305b6152b3e8ea29b8f2c7e29.jpg

Checking the time stamp on the pic Evil & we left around 12:30

Also, I can't believe I didn't see that sign for The Moonbeam clubhouse!!!  Too fast I guess. LOL

I love all of those L trails.  They are awesome!!!

Have fun guys and take good care of SJ

No not miss skittles.   2 of them are my rugrats and then there are 4 more in the picture, each of us has a kid on a sled.  We were getting lots of thumbs up LOL

I am getting ready for the 8 hr drive to meet up and ride. See all of you soon.

Jerry

Still trying to get things sorted out, riding partner bailed so probably driving up solo but now not until monday.  You still coming back monday Kris?  

14 hours ago, revrnd said:

There were some sleds go by when I was on the north side of the trail taking pics. Well we are getting closer to meeting up this winter LOL. To those newer members I've known of Evil & Good online since the days of the old SnowmobileWorld forum. My S-I-L met up with Good back in 2012 @ Gowganda.

Plans as of now are for us to take L123 & L155 to Hearst for lunch. Return trip will take us on L147.

Have a safe ride tomorrow!

A question for @Claire Voyant is that a shelter on the west side of Lac Meilleur @ the east end of the Sno Rovers section of L123?

Hi Revrnd,

To answer your question: no not a Corridor shelter. Think it's just someone's fishing shack.  I understand the Corridor is thinking about putting a warm-up shack on the L123 at the junction of the L145. Maybe for next year.

And FYI, although identified as Lac Meilleur on the ITG, the locals refer to it as Fanning Lake. Not sure why the difference. 

Hope everyone is enjoying their ride up this way. 

Rubber side down!

p.s. our favourite place is Tyler's - attached to the Sunshine Tavern (a block north of O'Briens). Except for the Circle, you can drive your sleds on any street in Kap. 

4 hours ago, Chandos_rob said:

Still trying to get things sorted out, riding partner bailed so probably driving up solo but now not until monday.  You still coming back monday Kris?  

Yes I am sorry to miss out.

We picked up a rider in Hearst

20180317_144230.thumb.jpg.5b5efe52a685e05a37ec0b077c30f864.jpg

The reason for the trip:

20180317_165021.jpg

L155 east of Hearst this morning

20180317_123225.jpg

Archived