Bon Echo Trails?

Fuse6

I see trails in the Bon Echo area have turned yellow. Anyone have good info just what conditions these trails maybe in? How much snow did the area receive the past couple of days?

Thinking of heading there Friday for a ride. Guessing Sat will be a zoo.

LOL.  Don't waste your time. don't understand why those trails keeps updating.  They change the status on those almost daily. Don't waste your time, trust me.

3 hours ago, SRXChris said:

LOL.  Don't waste your time. don't understand why those trails keeps updating.  They change the status on those almost daily. Don't waste your time, trust me.

I too have seen this section show yellow and then next time I look its red....wonder why, a clich in the system?

I saw a post from the Calabogie snowmobile club on Facebook... They are grooming and planning to reopen some trails by the weekend.  Bon Echo is nearby, so why not?  

4 hours ago, I'll Ride Anything said:

We aren't far from there got maybe 2" last couple days. 

I wouldn't think trails would be worth it, in total we have maybe 4" on the ground. 

Noticed the username - I'll Ride Anything. 

Pretty much sums up this riding season.

Good one :-P

I think this thread proves that everyone has a different expectation of what is an acceptable trail!!

I friend of mine is in Barry's Bay for weekend, he says there is 14" in the bush, less in the fields. That tells me that Bon Echo should probably be good enough for me, it's just a bit far of a drive for marginal riding. 

Sorry I gave bad info, more times than not been burnt there with open but not ride able trails. 

Friend just texted me said trails are good to go. 

I apologize as like I said wasted time going for nothing.

Headed there tomorrow. Son spoke to a friend today that lives on Mazinaw lake. Said trails were fairly good today.

i will report later Friday what we found for conditions.

12 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

Headed there tomorrow. Son spoke to a friend today that lives on Mazinaw lake. Said trails were fairly good today.

i will report later Friday what we found for conditions.

Thinking of heading up Sunday morning first thing.  Would love to hear how they are once you return today!

We made the trip up today. Unloaded just north of Mazinaw lake off Hwy 41. Headed N from there to the E trail then west to McArthur Mills.then looped S down trail 910 back to truck. 140 km total. 

Surprised how much snow there was. 90 percent trails had good snow cover. Under the tower line on 1009 was thin with some exposed rocks. 1/3 was groomed, other 2/3 hasn't been groomed since new snow on Wednesday so trails were 1 1/2 wide tracks.Ungroomed was relatively smooth and still riding the new fluff so not bad riding but will get roughed up quick Saturday with traffic. Groomed trails was nice riding but no base under new snow so one or 2 mild days will put a stop to riding. Only saw 10 other sleds all day.

Did pass the groomer, met the district governor in the parking lot before we headed out. They are grooming 16 hours a day but there is a lot of miles of trail in that area to cover.

To summarize we had a good ride today.First time to this area so no idea how much traffic will get tomorrow. Guessing by mid afternoon Saturday trails will be tired with some thin spots, Don't think I would ride Sunday unless had a good report from someone late tomorrow.

Thanks to the clubs for doing what they can with tough conditions.

IMG_2357.JPG

• 10 months later...

I'd like to do the Bon Echo loop soon.

Can I leave truck and trailer at Old Hastings Snow Riders Clubhouse? 

Anyone with firsthand knowledge of conditions? Loop is mostly green, a bit of yellow.

Looking for a destination that's 2 hours from Toronto. Day trip.

You can park at old Hastings clubhouse I do it all the time. 

The trails from mazinaw lake north and west are really good right now. South of there the rain ruined them earlier this week. In general the area could use more snow but the trails around there are pretty good. 

E101 north from Cloyne is rough today.  Nothing a double pass of the groomer wouldn't fix.  There is decent snow up here.   Club trails I rode today were good.  None had seen a groomer since this past weeks snow storm, but the base underneath is smooth.  They got more snow than rain up here.  I'd say go for it.  It's getting into mid season conditions up here now.

Thanks! 

Archived