My update

Nunz

Sorry I haven't been on here much since late January.

After my one post about getting sick with a pneumonia and blood clots in my lungs as well. I ended up in the hospital for 2.5 weeks and off work for a month. On the positive I am now back to work and although there is some lingering side effects which I am getting tested for I am getting stronger everyday.

Our sledding season is now over as the doctors and us have agreed that sledding might not be the best thing for my lungs right now.

I have now quit smoking for 6 weeks cold turkey and feel great about it. The cravings are there but my willpower is stronger. I wanted to thank those of you that were vocal in your opinions about my smoking and I would like to thank you. I have also lost 30 pounds and am trying to as part of my non smoking lifestyle to eat better and try and exercise a bit more.

I have missed sledding very much with a lot of my friends on here but rest assured I will be back next season. Plus there is a new 850 Indy that will be waiting for me in the fall.

Again thanks to all of you that inspired me and sent me messages the past couple of months.

Nunz

You da Man, Nunzio.

This business really threw a wrench into things for you. It sounds as though you've wisely decided to turn this into a force for positive lifestyle changes. Awesome.

Looking forward to many more sledding adventures with you.

Didn't know that you were sick and it sounds like it was quite serious. Glad to hear you are on the mend. Congrats on quitting smoking. I did it 40 years ago and don't miss it. I couldn't afford to start smoking now. Best of luck on the eating well and cutting down on the weight. I don't have the will power to do it myself.

Hoping to see you at the Snowcrest golf tournament again this year.

Congrats on stopping smoking and losing the weight. Your body, family and friends will thank you. Especially your family. Hope the rest of your recovery is speedy. Next year you'll be able to look and feel much better when you get your picture taken with the Amzoil girls.

we still love you 

make sure your not 2 miles in front of me on that new sled of yours next year

Congrats on quitting smoking and losing weight. Amazing what you can do when you have to.

Glad to hear things are headed in the right direction, Nunz. 

Life's an enduro, not a sprint, gotta be there in the long run to compete!

way to nunz

1 less sledder to smoke with...quitter

Nunz, sorry to hear that your sledding season was lost to health issues. That must have happened shortly after I met you in Cochrane.

To take your bad situation and turn it around as you have requires mega determination - Congratulations! Temptations and gravings are going to challenge you a while longer. Good luck and good health to you. See you on the trail in 2019, with that powerful new machine.

Sorry to hear that your health issues messed up your season. However your health is more important.

Missed your presence on the forums & the snow. Hope to see you & Karen on the trails next winter (maybe that's why the conditions have been so good on the Corridor :D ). 

Nunz -- congrats on successfully quitting smoking, and adopting a healthier lifestyle. (believe me, I can relate...)  As others have said, you've been missed, both on the trails and on this forum.  Glad you have finally been able to get back to work...hope your recovery continues in a positive direction.

So glad to hear your feeling better and you quite smoking that's going to add many years of sledding to your life

Great to hear you're feeling better Nunz. Missed you here on the forum and riding with you this season.

All the best and keep strong.

You the MAN Nunz, BRAAP!

Didn't know you were sick, get better man, hope to meet up with you sometime. Congratulations on your lifestyle change, not easy to do. Just got this new to me 10 days ago, we'll line them up next year Lol

20180305_113213_HDR.jpg

Glad to finally get some public news, and good news at that. Sorry we haven't seen you more, you're good people.... among the very best friends I've had ever, incredibly selfless and humble. Long distance friends, but friends nonetheless. 

Good on you to quit smoking. I watched my mom have a very difficult time to quit, massive migraines and cravings... she got through it knowing it would be for a greater good. You'll succeed, I have no doubt. 

Stay healthy buddy, we'll see you soon :D

Glad to here you are felling better. Quitting smoking, loosing weight and eating better is always a good choice. 

Glad to here you are feeling better Nunz. We've missed you here. That 850 is going to fly with the improved Nunz on it next winter.

Glad your starting to feel yourself again and getting stronger by the day. I know we text almost daily but I could tell just by the giddiness in your voice today with our short chat your felling better. I have a feeling we might be riding buddies next season lol. 

See you Sunday buddy and cheers to quick summer for us both!! 

Hey Nunz, great to hear you feeling better. Hope to see you and Karen on the trails next year. I know its hard to quit .I stopped 2 years ago and dropped 50 pounds as well. ITS worth the effort! congrats!

Sorry to hear of the unfortunate circumstances that fell upon you, and congratulations on the life style change!

Just think of all the miles you be able to put on next year with your new found life/health.

Nunz

Glad to hear you're getting better.  We missed you!

image.thumb.png.6783b7cdd1839c96e20b6a1389aaa151.png

Met you in 2014 on a trip to the Georgian Bay ice caves. Recall you saying 'that's a pressure crack' - understated, as always.

Glad you're better!

image.thumb.png.ac5a8ddc5ddb1ebffe061f4c57dc094e.png

(Really hopin' that's you're sled - there were a few of us out there. LOL). But that was 4 years and 8 sleds ago, for you :)

Happy trails in the years ahead.

Hope our path's cross again soon.

Archived