SUDBURY OR NEW LISKEARD

thetorches

Going up Mar. 17-21. Anyone know which place has better conditions.

I am heading to New Liskeard area tomorrow for 3 days...will post  report Monday

1 hour ago, johnsazzr said:

I am heading to New Liskeard area tomorrow for 3 days...will post  report Monday

Ok. Sounds good.

The A trail heading north of New Liskeard was very thin and needing groomed the L186 was better , I was through on Wednesday. I would drive to Timmins the trails there are in excellent condition. With the exception of Wawa the trails where in perfect condition from Timmins all the way to Marathon going through Chapleau

Sudbury is still rocking with great conditions in the north end of the system.

Groomers are still on the move. 

4 hours ago, soupkids said:

Sudbury is still rocking with great conditions in the north end of the system.

Groomers are still on the move. 

Any hotel recommendations on trails. Can't find many at north end of Sudbury. Can you get to trails from Moonlight Inn. Thanks for info.

Torches why don't you stay at the Windy Motel north of Sudbury.  They're right on the trail with a restaurant and that way you can go north, south, west or east of there.  Or like Northstar said go to Timmins.  You will NOT regret it.  Their trails have been PHENOMENAL this year.  Lots of places to stay right on the trail.   Bon Air-great place, trail through it, close to gas, 2 great restaurants right in front of it.  Microtel-pool, hot tub, on Trail C, close to gas but no restaurant on site.   Super 8 on trail C, close to gas but again no restaurant on site. Ramada on trail C, close to gas and restaurant on site but not open Sunday afternoon and Monday. When we stayed there we only had the continental hot breakfast.  We ate at Mikes, Esso restaurant, Wacky wings and ordered food in. Hope this helps

37 minutes ago, extreme600 said:

Torches why don't you stay at the Windy Motel north of Sudbury.  They're right on the trail with a restaurant and that way you can go north, south, west or east of there.  Or like Northstar said go to Timmins.  You will NOT regret it.  Their trails have been PHENOMENAL this year.  Lots of places to stay right on the trail.   Bon Air-great place, trail through it, close to gas, 2 great restaurants right in front of it.  Microtel-pool, hot tub, on Trail C, close to gas but no restaurant on site.   Super 8 on trail C, close to gas but again no restaurant on site. Ramada on trail C, close to gas and restaurant on site but not open Sunday afternoon and Monday. When we stayed there we only had the continental hot breakfast.  We ate at Mikes, Esso restaurant, Wacky wings and ordered food in. Hope this helps

Thanks for info. Will check out Windy motel first and go from there. Thanks again.

You could get out from the moonlight but it won't be pretty.

You can also try the Sportsmans as well.

54 minutes ago, soupkids said:

You could get out from the moonlight but it won't be pretty.

You can also try the Sportsmans as well.

Ok. Thanks.

quick ride close to New Liskeard today...pretty beat up and thin...OK for me as I am just farting around with my daughter....things actually looked a bit better between Marten River and  Temagami...going to head that way tomorrow  ......would be worth the drive for you a bit farther north I think ..

3 minutes ago, johnsazzr said:

quick ride close to New Liskeard today...pretty beat up and thin...OK for me as I am just farting around with my daughter....things actually looked a bit better between Marten River and  Temagami...going to head that way tomorrow  ......would be worth the drive for you a bit farther north I think ..

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, johnsazzr said:

quick ride close to New Liskeard today...pretty beat up and thin.

How far out of town did you ride? Which trails?

1 minute ago, Blake G said:

How far out of town did you ride? Which trails?

just close to town and the Lake...I will report more tomorrow and tuesday as we will be going farther...just arrived this aft so very short ride..

Awesome info, thanks kindly, heading up somewhere on Wednesday. Suspect I'll try running around the north Sudbury trails as per Soupkids

rode wolf loop on friday from skead counter clockwise... trails were amazing... tons of base and snow, all freshly groomed.  rode to shining tree and back from rockys on sat..  a little bumpy in spots but still really good.   Dont hesitate to go.  Stayed at the chateau Guay but trailered to skead rec center.   Trails right around Capreol very snirty but still redeable

A trail New Liskeard to Temagami today...MINT....north tomorrow Earlton etc...

Are you riding two up on an orange and white Cat?

My wife and I are heading to NL on Wednesday. First time riding in that area.

16 minutes ago, jimbob said:

My wife and I are heading to NL on Wednesday. First time riding in that area.

Can you report back on the conditions. Going north on weekend. Thanks.

2 hours ago, thetorches said:

Can you report back on the conditions. Going north on weekend. Thanks.

Will do.

4 hours ago, Blake G said:

Are you riding two up on an orange and white Cat?

yup...my daughter and I....have only stuck  close to home prior to this...lindsay through Haliburton and Twin Mountains

if we stayed at the moonlight motel instead of riding from the motel is there a close convenient place to trailer to and go from there? Not fussy about riding from the motel, its kinda far from the nice trails but there is nowhere to stay in the valley really.

Archived