Our final ride for 2018 ends in Cochrane March 9th 2018

extreme600

What a way to end our season.  Sleds are still in one piece and so are we.  I have about 30 hours of video which I will edit in the next 5 days.  We rode the following club trails:  Polar Bear Riders, Arctic riders SC, Jack Pine SC, Kap Sno Rovers, Moonbeam SC and the Timmins snowmobile club.  All these clubs are top notch.  Special thanks goes to all those clubs, supporters, volunteers and restaurants.  90% of the trails were 10/10.  Only 10% would be 7/10 and that's ONLY due to the HIGH volume of traffic this week.  There's a ton of sleds here all week and the next two we.IMG_0661.thumb.JPG.75b25e05a8c9b1a38a185d78f47f4c0c.JPGeks.  We met some new friends and saw some old friends on our journey.  It amazes me how many people you see on the trails that you know from your home town.  It was great to have a coffee with Blaise from Smooth Rock and a couple drinks with Kenny from Polar Bear Riders.  These guys are 100% true sledders!!!  They live eat and breathe sledding and their clubs know how to take care of us southerners!! Much appreciated guys!!!!  It's a pleasure to know how much pride these guys take in everything they do.  We stayed at the Thriftlodge 9/10, ate at Terry's restaurant most of the time for dinner which was 10/10.  Also ate at the Ice Hut & JR's in Cochrane, Northern Delight in Matheson, Base Camp in Abitibi and other places in the D15 area.  All places were great!! Some pics from our last ride of 2018 Enjoy and see everyone in 2019  Thanks to the OFSC and all involved in our great sport

Arctic cat.jpg

IMG_0691.JPG

IMG_0663.JPG

cochrane.jpg

IMG_0649.JPG

Fox1.jpg

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0699.JPG

IMG_0657.JPG

IMG_0687.JPG

IMG_0630.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_0716.JPG

IMG_0717.JPG

IMG_0756.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0790.JPG

IMG_0808.JPG

IMG_0809.JPG

IMG_0871.JPG

IMG_0838.JPG

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0862.JPG

IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_0885.JPG

IMG_0904.JPG

IMG_0909.JPG

IMG_0916.JPG

Look's fantastic :rolleyes: 

Miles and smiles. Great pics. Thanks for posting.

Looks awesome.  Sounds like you had a great trip.   That orange really pops in the snow.  canyon pics never get old always amazes me how nice it is up there.  Cant wait until i get up there!!!

46 minutes ago, gobills said:

Looks awesome.  Sounds like you had a great trip.   That orange really pops in the snow.  canyon pics never get old always amazes me how nice it is up there.  Cant wait until i get up there!!!

Yes we did.  But, I'm glad we are leaving early tomorrow am.  Today was busy, busy, busy.  I feel so sorry for the clubs up here.    Great for the economy but these clubs must be getting tired.

5 hours ago, extreme600 said:

What a way to end our season.  Sleds are still in one piece and so are we.  I have about 30 hours of video which I will edit in the next 5 days.  We rode the following club trails:  Polar Bear Riders, Arctic riders SC, Jack Pine SC, Kap Sno Rovers, Moonbeam SC and the Timmins snowmobile club.  All these clubs are top notch.  Special thanks goes to all those clubs, supporters, volunteers and restaurants.  90% of the trails were 10/10.  Only 10% would be 7/10 and that's ONLY due to the HIGH volume of traffic this week.  There's a ton of sleds here all week and the next two weeks.  We met some new friends and saw some old friends on our journey.  It amazes me how many people you see on the trails that you know from your home town.  It was great to have a coffee with Blaise from Smooth Rock and a couple drinks with Kenny from Polar Bear Riders.  These guys are 100% true sledders!!!  They live eat and breathe sledding and their clubs know how to take care of us southerners!! Much appreciated guys!!!!  It's a pleasure to know how much pride these guys take in everything they do.  We stayed at the Thriftlodge 9/10, ate at Terry's restaurant most of the time for dinner which was 10/10.  Also ate at the Ice Hut & JR's in Cochrane, Northern Delight in Matheson, Base Camp in Abitibi and other places in the D15 area.  All places were great!! Some pics from our last ride of 2018 Enjoy and see everyone in 2019  Thanks to the OFSC and all involved in our great sport

Fox1.jpg

Nice!

IMG_0885.JPG

Is that the Colquhon (sp?) Mtn lookout?

IMG_0904.JPG

Any tickets?

IMG_0916.JPG

Looks like everyone else is still out on the trails LOL

Agree with the amazing and tireless efforts of the clubs up there, we were in Cochrane March 1 - 5, and had an amazing time!  Love your pictures!!

On 3/9/2018 at 10:22 PM, revrnd said:

Looks like everyone else is still out on the trails LOL

Yes you are correct about the mountain.  Beauty site

No freaking tickets.  LOL  Ride check only YIPPEE

Yes we were done before 2pm most people didn't start rolling in until 4pm and kept coming in at 8pm. LMAO  They left too late.  Early bird gets the worm I told them.

On 3/10/2018 at 8:50 AM, Btbt said:

Heading up Friday March 16, looks good. One warm day forecast, after that cooling off again

It snowed every day we were there.  That little warm day won't hurt.  Just get out early so you are off the trails before they soften up too much.  We left every day early.  One day we left at 6:30am to miss the traffic and we were back between 2pm and 4pm every day.  Worked out perfect before the trails got too trashed.   Not in a negative way either, just soooooooooooooooo many people there lately.  There's NO WAY the club could keep up with the warmer temps and amount of sledders.

Archived