New Diesel Turbo sled

Running Wild

44 minutes ago, signfan said:

What a tank.  Bet it weighs 1000 lbs.  Would be a great utility work sled or good for pulling a drag. I wonder what the flotation of it is like.

If they are using it in the arctic where almost everywhere they go would be considered off trail, I'm going to guess it's pretty darn good.

Max speed 70 km/h

Towing capacity 1000 kg

Engine Turbocharged 3-cylinder, 898 cc

Fuel Tank Capacity 57.3L/12.6 gal (imp)

DIMENSION SPECIFICATIONS

Length

3300 mm (130 in)

Width

1250 mm (49.2 in)

Dry weight

363 kg (800 lb)

Track width

508 mm (20 in)

Track length

3962.5 mm (156 in)

Track profile height

31.8 mm (1.2 in)

Suspension travel

334 mm (13.1 in)

Height

(including windshield)

1570 mm (61.8 in)

Height

(no windshield)

1095 mm (43.1 in)

Windshield

extra high

If the canadian government are buying them, probably at least 100k each at a minimum.

2 hours ago, steve c said:

If the canadian government are buying them, probably at least 100k each at a minimum.

look for them in two years on Crown asset distribution auctions.

13 minutes ago, zoso said:

look for them in two years on Crown asset distribution auctions.

Haha yea selling for $500 a pop! Who would want these?

Look like Russian military design :D

Millitary loves their diesels.

Not sure if this is still the case but Arctic service diesels never get shut off or they cant restart. Someone keeps refueling 24/7 while the engines keep running. The only diesels I like are turbine

9 hours ago, crispy said:

Millitary loves their diesels.

Not sure if this is still the case but Arctic service diesels never get shut off or they cant restart. Someone keeps refueling 24/7 while the engines keep running. The only diesels I like are turbine

gas is too easily ignited 

Use Died Diesel and save on road tax in your snowmobile, how many of us would like to be able to do that   :~)

The reason for diesel is that they run it can be run on jet fuel (kerosene naptha mix)  ,  an easily available fuel in the arctic.    It would be interesting to see if given funding if rotax could produce a direct injection two stroke that could run and start on the stuff     Mazda is currently producing a gas powered diesel using high tech direct injection and compression ignition.  The truth is the you just have to start a janitrol heater  hooked up to anything to get it to start in cold   .   Seems to me   an adopted saskawani  ,  Ralph  Plaisted took twelve horse skidoo s to the north pole  . A hundred grand won't get bogie wheels or a pull cord or light weight so it can jump leads or be pulled up pressure cracks   so good luck, someone forgot  tanks don,t float.  We miss you Ralph larger than life that you were  and may Russelle lake  survive  as you had hoped for generations to enjoy.

10 hours ago, cornbinder said:

The reason for diesel is that they run it can be run on jet fuel (kerosene naptha mix)  ,  an easily available fuel in the arctic.    It would be interesting to see if given funding if rotax could produce a direct injection two stroke that could run and start on the stuff     Mazda is currently producing a gas powered diesel using high tech direct injection and compression ignition.  The truth is the you just have to start a janitrol heater  hooked up to anything to get it to start in cold   .   Seems to me   an adopted saskawani  ,  Ralph  Plaisted took twelve horse skidoo s to the north pole  . A hundred grand won't get bogie wheels or a pull cord or light weight so it can jump leads or be pulled up pressure cracks   so good luck, someone forgot  tanks don,t float.  We miss you Ralph larger than life that you were  and may Russelle lake  survive  as you had hoped for generations to enjoy.

Mercury does 

http://www.mercuryracing.com/optimax-diesel-reporting-for-duty/

One of the new projects  by the military  is now to produce jet fuel ,  basically kerosene from sea water using electricity from the nuke powered carriers.  

Safety and need of constant resupply  are the issues  .    What next syn food  and toilet  paper for unlimited range

Archived