Tether Cords - Who Uses Them

signfan

With my 3 year old riding with me some this year I’ve got in the habit of actually wearing my tether cord.  Stops me from leaving the sled running when I’m not on it.  I can just imagine the mess if he grabbed the throttle.   Would not be fun for anyone.  Also found this article.  Not nice.  Seems like a good habit we should all make a point of adopting.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/runaway-snomobile-accident-bc-1.4559577

I wear mine on occasions when I'm riding on long trips at an aggressive pace or when surrounding traffic is "questionable".  

It should be used at all times, by rights....

I wear mine .. however its sometimes a pain in the a$$

cheers

I wear mine about 75% of the time. Same as Dennis, when on a longer trip or riding a bit more aggressively.

Neither of my snowmobiles has one. 

get a wrist lanyard, makes it easy to utilize, with little effort . I try to wear it as much as possible. just do a search of youtube and see peoples sleds running into trees, or eating human body parts with no tethers on the sleds. several people have lost life, and limb(s). Ski

Wear my tether all the time. Just like my Tek Vest on at all times.

You never know when something is going to happen.

1 hour ago, FIRE242 said:

Wear my tether all the time. Just like my Tek Vest on at all times.

You never know when something is going to happen.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/runaway-snomobile-accident-bc-1.4559577

See so many sleds with the tether hooked to the bars just makes me shake my head.

The tether is there for a reason. Maybe it’s the job I retired from after 30 years.

Saw lots of things that can happen to people being a firefighter.

Any type of prevention offered can only help you or maybe someone else.

Something else I found interesting on our recent trip to Quebec. I was putting on my Tek Vest in the restaurant 

which was a popular sled stop. Waitress said she had never seen anyone wearing one before.

Archived