Wawa best hwy directions from orillia ont

On 3/7/2018 at 5:44 AM, slomo said:

I am always worried about insurance concerns if travelling this road - as I recall, it is not a provincially maintained road. (although there are calls for the province to assume it) ??

*Did have an experience this  year though where the parting words from the office were "don't steal the towels". Not a word of a lie. If the motel did not have a restaurant next door and direct access to the trail, we would have been out of there....so much for principles I guess.....although we did discover the password for their fast internet as opposed to the slow one provided for guests....laptop needed a few updates....not the Windy Lake Motel...really like that place...

Already noted, but no issues with Ins.

This was the road we always took to access the north when we had to make Northern On runs for work at various sites, usually pretty good & much faster.

Only had a mishap once, just a freak accident that ended up with our vehicle into a rock face, road was supper icy, it was like the vehicle went from 50km to 100km in a matter of seconds when it started to spin on the ice.

OPP that was dispatched to our little wreck thought it was best to switch his cruiser to the suburban.....which he flipped on his roof on the way to meet up with us and as soon as he got out of his vehicle, he fell on his ass!

But that was one isolated incident out of many trips on that road. 

Archived