Matheson - gas and food?

snowgirl

Is there a gas station in Matheson?  If I remember correctly the trail went through the parking lot of the Esso.  But that was a few years ago.  And also is there a restaurant in the area?

Yes the Esso is still there and open. Can't say where the trail passes though....

2 hours ago, irREVerent said:

Northern Delight restaurant right across from the Esso is convenient and has good food.

Used to be Awesome food .... now we won't even slow down passing through there... not worth it anymore compared to how it was before. 

Went through matheson yesterday and the Esso was out of premium gas but the dodge dealership just down the street had premium. Stopped at the restaurant and the coffee was good 

6 hours ago, 3dogs said:

Went through matheson yesterday and the Esso was out of premium gas but the dodge dealership just down the street had premium. Stopped at the restaurant and the coffee was good 

Yes you're right I totally forgot about the Dodge shop on the West end of town ... 

We ended up having lunch at the Northern Delight because there was 40+ sleds sitting at Rolly's. The food was very good at the Northern Delight. One guy had Chinese food and really liked it. Others had soup/sandwich and I had cheeseburger deluxe. All good and the little Asian lady was a real card. We all commented on how she made it a fun meal. Would go there again. That being said, it could use updating inside.

Always had a great meal at the Cozy Diner. Not too far of off the trail. Park in the back.

jerry

17 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

We ended up having lunch at the Northern Delight because there was 40+ sleds sitting at Rolly's. The food was very good at the Northern Delight. One guy had Chinese food and really liked it. Others had soup/sandwich and I had cheeseburger deluxe. All good and the little Asian lady was a real card. We all commented on how she made it a fun meal. Would go there again. That being said, it could use updating inside.

LOL you are sooooooooooooooooooo right.  That sweet Asian lady has a hell of a memory also.  We went there on a Monday while we rode through Matheson and had a GREAT lunch.  Than on Thursday we drove through on our way home in the morning and had breakfast.  First thing she said to us "why no snowmobiles today? "  I'm like are you serious.  My reply "Are you sure it was us?"  Asian lady "Yes you two were the first two sledders here for our busy lunch on Monday"  Will be going there again really soon.

2 hours ago, extreme600 said:

LOL you are sooooooooooooooooooo right.  That sweet Asian lady has a hell of a memory also.  We went there on a Monday while we rode through Matheson and had a GREAT lunch.  Than on Thursday we drove through on our way home in the morning and had breakfast.  First thing she said to us "why no snowmobiles today? "  I'm like are you serious.  My reply "Are you sure it was us?"  Asian lady "Yes you two were the first two sledders here for our busy lunch on Monday"  Will be going there again really soon.

Extreme, you are so right about her memory...I hadn't been in there for 3 years until a month ago, yet she recognized me immediately.  She has such a sweet personality...and did I mention that the food is good?...LOL.

My fortune cookie said 'Financial opportunity lies ahead'.

I'd better buy some bitcoins...

Archived