Going up North, anybody want to join?

andreyboater

2 minutes ago, The Groomer Guy said:

I'm going to Longlac (Greenstone) next week. 

Which day next week you go there and back in a day or stay overnight? 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Viperules700 said:

Which day next week you go there and back in a day or stay overnight? 

Leaving Thursday around noon, heading to Hearst for the night and then next day we go to Longlac A trail.  Overnight then back to Dubreuilville the next day, Ride around Dubreuill depending what time we come in and then Sunday a ride to Halfway Haven and back if we can pull it off.

36 minutes ago, The Groomer Guy said:

Leaving Thursday around noon, heading to Hearst for the night and then next day we go to Longlac A trail.  Overnight then back to Dubreuilville the next day, Ride around Dubreuill depending what time we come in and then Sunday a ride to Halfway Haven and back if we can pull it off.

Sounds good still accomdationd left in places you think? When did you book? 

9 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Sounds good still accomdationd left in places you think? When did you book? 

Havent booked yet.  We where waiting today for confirmation of other guys coming with us.   1 Canadian and 3 American,  "The Can-Am Ride" lol   Longlac is not a problem plenty of rooms.  Making reservations today or in the morning.

Hey Luc I was wondering about getting in on your trip . I would be by myself and probably stage and ride from searchmont on Wed so I would need a room at Dub. Is this possible or do you know if they are full . Thanks Mark.

I would like to ride the week of March 18-23 (saturday is travel day) if any groups are riding mid week I would like to tag along. I am not very familiar riding the far north areas on my own. I have a newer Ski doo 2015 900ACE, been riding for over 15 years. I am in my 50's and would like to go for a few more trips before the season is over.  My regular riding gang don't want to go north.

Jerry

We are going to Kapuskasing March 15 to 22.  Some are for the whole period but others are only part of the time.  You are welcome to join us.  We are booked at the Advantage Motel.

PM me if interested.

8 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

We are going to Kapuskasing March 15 to 22.  Some are for the whole period but others are only part of the time.  You are welcome to join us.  We are booked at the Advantage Motel.

PM me if interested.

Note, that the 15th is the travel day.

19 hours ago, Mark said:

Hey Luc I was wondering about getting in on your trip . I would be by myself and probably stage and ride from searchmont on Wed so I would need a room at Dub. Is this possible or do you know if they are full . Thanks Mark.

Hey Mark,   I was invited on this ride by my group so I can't decide for the group.  I'm sure if you start a new topic looking for people to head north you will be able to find some solo riders like you looking to ride as many people at this time of year are looking for a last ride and the usual groups they ride with are not willing to go again.  I would give that a try. 

8 hours ago, sledjunk said:

PM me if interested.

I'll be in Hearst on the 15th lol

9 hours ago, sledjunk said:

PM me if interested.

I'll be riding from Timmins to Hearst on the 16th.  I'll be in Kap on the 17th.  Maybe stop in and have a bevvy with you guys!

2 hours ago, Evil said:

I'll be riding from Timmins to Hearst on the 16th.  I'll be in Kap on the 17th.  Maybe stop in and have a bevvy with you guys!

That would be great!

24 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

That would be great!

^ What he said. LOL

18 hours ago, grover_yyz said:

I would like to ride the week of March 18-23 (saturday is travel day) if any groups are riding mid week I would like to tag along. I am not very familiar riding the far north areas on my own. I have a newer Ski doo 2015 900ACE, been riding for over 15 years. I am in my 50's and would like to go for a few more trips before the season is over.  My regular riding gang don't want to go north.

Jerry

Where are you planning on riding. I was going to Sudbury or New Liskeard from March 17-21. I am riding solo also. Never rode there either. Have a 17 zr 7000. Looking for others to tag along with if possible.

I'm going next Thursday 15th, start riding from Gogama.

3 day March trip.png

6 hours ago, revrnd said:

^ What he said. LOL

We will definitely stop in at the Advantage on our way through to Super 8. 

16 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

I'm going next Thursday 15th, start riding from Gogama.

3 day March trip.png

Thanks for posting the map. I was wondering what the distance from Timmins to Gogama after extreme600 posted about their 1 day trip.

On 09/03/2018 at 4:04 PM, thetorches said:

Where are you planning on riding. I was going to Sudbury or New Liskeard from March 17-21. I am riding solo also. Never rode there either. Have a 17 zr 7000. Looking for others to tag along with if possible.

I am now going to Kap. and ride with a group basing out of Advantage Motel. Saturday to Friday 

2 hours ago, grover_yyz said:

I am now going to Kap. and ride with a group basing out of Advantage Motel. Saturday to Friday 

Maybe I will bump into you guys. Interested in a group ride to dub? Starting next Sunday in Cochrane or timmins probability go to dub and or lonlac. 

Tonight's forecast from CTV Northern Ontario (Shaw Direct #356):

5aa89f0a3bebf_20180313_234801forecast-Copy.thumb.jpg.bafbb84b5e1c802c272b4d68d66f80f0.jpg

I was speaking to irREVerent yesterday on the phone.  He asked what the weather forecast was for Timmins.   My reply, "I don't know.  Haven't looked."  I just have faith that it will stay cold so we can sled into April.  Especially since Easter comes right in the middle of sledding and we lose a weekend :-)

1 hour ago, sledjunk said:

I was speaking to irREVerent yesterday on the phone.  He asked what the weather forecast was for Timmins.   My reply, "I don't know.  Haven't looked."  I just have faith that it will stay cold so we can sled into April.  Especially since Easter comes right in the middle of sledding and we lose a weekend :-)

Talking to a frend about the Horseshoe Valley races & she doubted she'd be able to make it for that reason.

4 hours ago, sledjunk said:

Looks good for a few weeks anyway's. Going to try to do the big loop next week starting in Timmins. 

Archived