White River/Marathon

tricky

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, catinental couch said:

Trouble is Denis; I can run but I can't hide. When the boss catches me playing hooky, then IT hits the fan.

I thought you were retired or are you referring to the boss that every married man has. I know if someone asks me if I want to do X on day Y in the future the safe reply is let me check with my wife. It seems at times she has things planned I have no idea about until just before.

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I thought you were retired or are you referring to the boss that every married man has. I know if someone asks me if I want to do X on day Y in the future the safe reply is let me check with my wife. It seems at times she has things planned I have no idea about until just before.

Exactly as you stated O2 with a twist. Nobody can hire anybody who wants to work so she always needs extra  people to work for her. I said I would help out while she was short workers and she hasn't let me have a day off since.

Sometimes I think retired is spelled ( r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d ). I am sure that is what my kids think anyway.

14 hours ago, catinental couch said:

I have been reading all the praise about the trails in Luc's area. They must be really great. I didn't find anything wrong with them when I was up there years ago. Bravo to Luc and the gang. I think I should play hooky and see what they are like now.:)

Don't forget to mention pat at hotel. They have been spending lots of time brushing and clearing trails, even purchased equipment that is being used by the club. It really shows when you ride the trails, no branches hitting you in the face and brush edge is nice and even, unlike say wawa trails. Huge team effort up there and they have a younger guy grooming now too, which is doing a fantastic job as well, when Luke can't make the runs. 

14 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

I applaud Pat but the last time I was up there, Pat was not nor was his hotel in operation.

True and it is great to see buisness working together to bring in tourists though. Now just need some rooms with full kitchens so we can stop at Lucs store by our super and cook it up. Restaurant service wasn't very good when I was there. 

Does Pat not own the Resto again?

41 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

True and it is great to see buisness working together to bring in tourists though. Now just need some rooms with full kitchens so we can stop at Lucs store by our super and cook it up. Restaurant service wasn't very good when I was there. 

You must be the only one to have bad service at Reto Bar I've been there probably 25 times it's been fantastic every time the Magpie also has two  rooms with kitchets

1 hour ago, Viperules700 said:

Were you at the Reto Bar? In what way was the restaurant service not good? What didn't you like about the Wawa trails?

54 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Were you at the Reto Bar? In what way was the restaurant service not good? What didn't you like about the Wawa trails?

It was just super slow. In there about 2.5 hours and had to ask for the bill 3 times. Only one waitress taking orders and doing food. We were very patient, they just need more help. Maybe it was busier then usual on a Wednesday evening, since hotel was full of sledders too. Food was good though. 

Seems mine is taking all good workers. 

17 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Seems mine is taking all good workers. 

Let's not complain aboot that!

After Algoma Steel closed the mill* in Wawa, and the housing crash (?) closing how many towns in the north, and the R/R backing off the rail service, at least Algoma has something good going on for the once!

*You can find it easily, just look upwind of The Badlands.

if you were ready to leave... you can always walk up to the bar, to the cash register, and wait for the bill there, they will get right to you. help them, help you.

you are in the middle of nowhere, you cant expect fast food, mcdonalds service, in a town of 600 people, 200 miles from the nearest "metropolitan" area. get over yourself, you seem like all you are there to do is pick the place apart. Ski

3 hours ago, Ox said:

Does Pat not own the Resto again?

you have been gone too long my friend... the resto building has been gone for almost 2 years now. the LOL! resto is in the same building as the hardware and grocery store, on the end, where the car wash is. but, to answer your question, No. Pat Dubreuil does not own the resto. it is owned and operated by a young lady named Christine... good people, hard worker. Ski

I thought that the building that was torn down was accrost the street from the resto?

No - I haven't been there much in the last 15 yrs. 

1 hour ago, skidooboy said:

if you were ready to leave... you can always walk up to the bar, to the cash register, and wait for the bill there, they will get right to you. help them, help you.

you are in the middle of nowhere, you cant expect fast food, mcdonalds service, in a town of 600 people, 300 klicks from the nearest "metropolitan" area. get over yourself, you seem like all you are there to do is pick the place apart. Ski

Fixed it for yuh.

1 hour ago, Ox said:

I thought that the building that was torn down was accrost the street from the resto?

No - I haven't been there much in the last 15 yrs. 

hotel is still there, larger bar, resto, apartment building is gone. Ski

Considering that nothing in that town is older than 1960, what was the reason for the demo?

I'm guessing that much of the initial buildings were put up cheap and quick, and not necessarily expecting for a logging camp to still be there this late in the game?

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:11 PM, J Feces said:

I was up there in January. We rode from Dubreilville to white river, turned and back to Dub. Pretty decent fast trail out of Dubreilville but then tightened up and pretty twisty on last half. At the time there were 3 pretty major washouts on trail. All closer to white river. I would expect it’d be a pretty full day from Dubreilville thru to Marathon. Good luck. 

The washouts were still there 2 days ago but easy to get around.

Archived