Wonder what yamaha has up their sleeve....

Baylaker

All I can say is. Who ever leaked those SRX pictures must be hiding under their desk. The teaser clip must be the SRX laying a beating on the Sidewinder.

With a 50 K/hr limit on our trails. Looks like a little overkill. Is this what our sport needs to survive into the future?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, gibson said:

All I can say is. Who ever leaked those SRX pictures must be hiding under their desk. The teaser clip must be the SRX laying a beating on the Sidewinder.

With a 50 K/hr limit on our trails. Looks like a little overkill. Is this what our sport needs to survive into the future?

No speed limit on lakes. btw, how many sleds would be sold with 50 kmh speed limiters ? just sayin'  8-)

7 minutes ago, Cuyuna said:

No speed limit on lakes. btw, how many sleds would be sold with 50 kmh speed limiters ? just sayin'  8-)

In the early 80's. The bike manufacturers were in a HP war.  To the point some machines were black listed by the insurance companies.

Ok next question... How many guys on here just. " high ball " the lakes all day. I'm probably there for 5% of the usual day. The majority is on the trail system.

27 minutes ago, gibson said:

https://streamable.com/5w8rc

I'm guessing that this new video was secretly leaked by Yamaha.  It would have been deleted from the TYStroke forums is it wasn't.

I do not understand the blah blah blah about the travesty of Yamaha motors in Arctic Cats ... What's the difference between that and Suzuki motors in Cats, or even before that when there were Kawasaki motors powering Cats ?  I think that the worse thing about the Arctic Cat / Yamaha relationship is the fact that we don't really have four manufacturers anymore, we are down to 3 in effect. It's kind of like Bombardier buying out Moto-Ski where the only difference was the badging - all because Bombardier had to maintain the Moto-Ski name for several years after the acquisition.

15 minutes ago, gibson said:

In the early 80's. The bike manufacturers were in a HP war.  To the point some machines were black listed by the insurance companies.

Ok next question... How many guys on here just. " high ball " the lakes all day. I'm probably there for 5% of the usual day. The majority is on the trail system.

So - you can't have the best of both worlds. When I ride, I like to include all components of riding - lakes, speed, twisties, hills, technical, cruising. All with respect to all other riders.

I have had Cats with all three engines and still have two Suzuki's.  I like the 1049 more and more every time I take it out.  I wonder if the Scorpion guys felt like this when Cat made their sleds ?

6 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

I have had Cats with all three engines and still have two Suzuki's.  I like the 1049 more and more every time I take it out.  I wonder if the Scorpion guys felt like this when Cat made their sleds ?

Most Scorpion guys will say Scorpion died on the very day AC bought them out.

44 minutes ago, gibson said:

Something tells me next winter there will be a few people flying a little higher in the air as they come over the crest of the hill and further on the wrong side of the trail as they round the corners and bends.

7 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Something tells me next winter there will be a few people flying a little higher in the air as they come over the crest of the hill and further on the wrong side of the trail as they round the corners and bends.

Come on 02, you can be just as out of control on 90 hp as 200. It's the rider, not the machine.

25 minutes ago, gibson said:

Same here. We run the ice between Honey Harbour, Midland and Penetang along with the trails on local lakes. Often we will take a land trail over a staked lake trail for the scenery and wildlife we are likely to come across. Often the ice routes are the faster shorter way back at the end of the day.

10 minutes ago, Cuyuna said:

Come on 02, you can be just as out of control on 90 hp as 200. It's the rider, not the machine.

I agree it's the rider but you are now giving the stupid rider that will ride airborne over the crest of the hill and blowing the corner the ability to be even more stupid about their riding style and get even more air and even wider on the corner.

46 minutes ago, Grimm said:

https://streamable.com/5w8rc

I'm guessing that this new video was secretly leaked by Yamaha.  It would have been deleted from the TYStroke forums is it wasn't.

I have a feeling this was leaked on purpose. When the sidewinder came out and it was leaked on ty4, the moderators were furious and deleted right away. This year, the pictures have been up for a few days now and nobody is taking them down...I think it could be to distract us of maybe what’s to come at the reveal on March 6th. Maybe I’m wrong, but that’s the way I see it.

43 minutes ago, Cuyuna said:

I do not understand the blah blah blah about the travesty of Yamaha motors in Arctic Cats ... What's the difference between that and Suzuki motors in Cats, or even before that when there were Kawasaki motors powering Cats ?  I think that the worse thing about the Arctic Cat / Yamaha relationship is the fact that we don't really have four manufacturers anymore, we are down to 3 in effect. It's kind of like Bombardier buying out Moto-Ski where the only difference was the badging - all because Bombardier had to maintain the Moto-Ski name for several years after the acquisition.

Well said! I’m fine with the relationship between cat/yamaha. 

Yamaha gets a very good chassis...although some people don’t think so, I do. And cat gets the best engine around. Proper shock setup/skid adjustments go a long way when it comes to comfort and being able to ride over everything you throw at it with no problems. The 850 renegade I had was good, but imo isn’t as good as the viper & only weighed 40lbs less than my viper...not enough to notice any difference. So for the guys complaining about weight...it’s all hype. Cat makes a great product and I can only see good things coming from both companies in the future!

people need to realize these companies don’t have all the money in the world to come up with a completely new sled every year. It’s just not going to happen, things take time. Yeah I get it, yamaha has had the same product line for years now...but they believe if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. 

These people that complain about new graphics, a rebadge, and a few other minor changes probably can’t afford a brand new sled to begin with. Now what would happen if they came out with something 10x better? A completely revamped sled that will cost thousands more, they definitely won’t be able to afford it!

That japanese yamaha turbo engine is the by far the best on the snow, do we really need to make it better, faster, more reliable? Do we want to pay more for sleds? 

Im not sure what people are expecting these 2 companies to come out with...maybe a rocket ship or something...they don’t need anything better imo. 

I love the look of that new srx! Will I be getting one, probably not...

will it be a lot of money, you bet!

am I happy on my viper? Definitely! 

Cheers to another great season fellas! And maybe we’ll see a few more changes on March 6th!

IMO, Cat and Yamaha getting together was a major reason why the snowmobile business hasn't become a 2 horse race.  Without Cat building their sleds, Yamaha was likely to exit the sled business.  At the same time, building sleds for Yamaha helped Cat pay bills until a buyer could be found while continuing to build 4 stroke sleds after Suzuki pulled out.  Without Yamaha engines,  Cat may have fallen into such financial trouble that no one would have been interested in buying them.

I have no trouble with the partnership and hope it expands under Textron.  3 manufacturers, if you want to see it that way, is better than 2.  I have a ZR7000 and really like the Yamaha motor, it has great torque and pulling power at the speeds I run at with a great sound.  I'd love a turbo but I know I don't need one.  

I think the SRX graphics look really sharp, that blue really pops and it is the colour all high performance Yamaha's should be.

I think you will defiantly see a high horse power turbo srx in near future. All manufacturers like to bring back legends from dead. Polaris has xcr, skidoo did tnt And blizzards. 

Yamaha fans are waiting for a high horsepower turbo like srx to return, no doubt. Will be interesting to see what comes next from cat and and or Yamaha. 

5 hours ago, gibson said:

That is why I say the T cat and SRX make no sense to most. You get less trail sled for 3mph on the lake over the regular turbos. I bet they cost more as well even though the track and carbides on them cost less. 

8 minutes ago, zoso said:

That is why I say the T cat and SRX make no sense to most. 

Just for some chest pounding at the local watering hole. Someone will always be faster. Just takes more $$$$

6 minutes ago, gibson said:

Just for some chest pounding at the local watering hole. Someone will always be faster. Just takes more $$$$

Most T cats and SRX's will be modded right out of the box. guys that buy those do want to be first across the lake and will sacrifice trail set up for speed. sales will be low, but both sleds look great and will be great. I want to see the RX1 engine in a cat with a turbo on it from the factory, not that I would buy one, but just because it should be done. That is the sweetest engine ever and the exhaust sounds like music.

Archived