Wonder what yamaha has up their sleeve....

Baylaker

51 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

never run an R1 engine then ehh they are impressive the rest of the sled is a tank though 

Didn't even know it was a motorcycle engine. I thought rx1 was only snowmobile using it and rest of lineup had proper purpose built snow engines. 

My friend had an rx1 back in 2003. It was impressive in straight sways on a flat groomed trail. He was 6'2 and 250 pounds so weight never bothered him. That sled actually rode ok for it's time. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Lol. Why what is wrong with your skidoo engine? Doo makes pretty good four strokes and most start in cold with little isssues. 

Don't get me wrong.  The 1200 engine is impressive, but the Apex 4 banger does have the extra horses throughout and is so much smoother...sounds almost F1 like.  Each time I start my Skidoo, I just watch my handlebars shake from the vibrations off the engine.  It's not noticeable while riding though and the handling and suspension just destroys my Apex, Nytro and Vector in the rough.

I dont know anyone who owns or has owned an Apex that didnt love it. They cook too, in smooth and straights. Not perfect nor is any sled. Jackshaft and bushings seem to be the only gripes I have heard of. Yamaha is the 4 stroke market leader, no one sane disputes that and really I am surprised that Ski-Doo especially didnt work hard to address that on a performance level. Maybe the new ACE turbo will fit that slot, dunno I guess we'll see. I'm surprised we havent seen a V4 four stroke for size and torque especially that design would make sense.

V65 magna, anyone? Ha

V65 Sabre was an awesome engine.

Looks like the king has returned!

390A1184-CE63-4A0F-B3C1-BBF738E52124.png

On 2018-02-22 at 6:32 PM, blackjack1 said:

if you ever see thee SRX logo again.................it will be SPECIAL...trust me........and then and only then........i will lay my money down....

Open up your wallet! Hahahaha 

5 hours ago, crispy said:

I dont know anyone who owns or has owned an Apex that didnt love it. They cook too, in smooth and straights. Not perfect nor is any sled. Jackshaft and bushings seem to be the only gripes I have heard of. Yamaha is the 4 stroke market leader, no one sane disputes that and really I am surprised that Ski-Doo especially didnt work hard to address that on a performance level. Maybe the new ACE turbo will fit that slot, dunno I guess we'll see. I'm surprised we havent seen a V4 four stroke for size and torque especially that design would make sense.

V65 magna, anyone? Ha

Seems like doo wants people buying etec's or 900's. 1200 has been eliminated in grand touring platform anyways. Not sure about other models. 

The new SRX is a better looking blue thundercat, same lowered stance, 1” track, and adjustable suspension.  Yamaha should have released their sleds when Cat did as it’s the same stuff with better graphics. 

755DC32E-41C8-49AC-B6EC-F3265799CF24.jpeg

81E927B5-2A4B-461E-8066-D57FC3772A40.jpeg

43F29B2D-F0CF-4B8A-978D-447DF2048078.jpeg

7E2D391C-35BD-4FBA-BB39-EDF1FFD5C652.jpeg

1 hour ago, Arctic JC said:

The new SRX is a better looking blue thundercat, same lowered stance, 1” track, and adjustable suspension.  Yamaha should have released their sleds when Cat did as it’s the same stuff with better graphics. 

755DC32E-41C8-49AC-B6EC-F3265799CF24.jpeg

81E927B5-2A4B-461E-8066-D57FC3772A40.jpeg

43F29B2D-F0CF-4B8A-978D-447DF2048078.jpeg

7E2D391C-35BD-4FBA-BB39-EDF1FFD5C652.jpeg

Yup same thing. I do not even see the appeal of this sled or the Tcat. The 9000 turbo with  the same shock package and a better track is worth it for 3 mph less top end. 

4 hours ago, zoso said:

Cat sure makes a nice looking sled.

You must hate yamaha eh! 

31 minutes ago, Old Sledder said:

Sure thing

you're an troll looking for attention. An informed opinion is one thing, outright bashing is another. Truthfully your posts are mostly crap and coming across as a know it all is not your strong suit. 

where did your other post go??

2 hours ago, Old Sledder said:

Sure thing

you're an troll looking for attention. An informed opinion is one thing, outright bashing is another. Truthfully your posts are mostly crap and coming across as a know it all is not your strong suit. 

How is stating a fact a bash, that sled is an arctic cat. My other statement was opinion about both the yamaha version and the cat version of the thundercat. They dropped the tunnel and put on a one inch ripsaw and single carbides to eek out a few more mph and make it a little different than the other turbo (same engine, same chassis,). IMO you get less sled for more money with the t cat. If you would like to discuss the ,merits of my opinion, then fine, otherwise, your response makes you the troll. seems to me you are in love with yamaha, well sorry to sday, they are done making sleds, it is over, no more R&D, no more anything new coming from them, whatever cat does is what yamaha buyers get. To be honest that is a good thing, cat has a great chassis and yamaha has a great engine.  But calling these cat sleds yamahas would be like calling my cat a suzuki.

There seems to be a lot of edginess across all of the forums in general lately. Blame it on another lame winter where everyone is riding their keyboards instead ...

8 minutes ago, Cuyuna said:

There seems to be a lot of edginess across all of the forums in general lately. Blame it on another lame winter where everyone is riding their keyboards instead ...

I blame it on too many from FS Sledderz etc etc etc crossing over bringing the same disrespect that keeps me away from the other sites.  Somebody better get a handle on the few bad apples or I'll be on my way ..... :angry:

5 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

I blame it on too many from FS Sledderz etc etc etc crossing over bringing the same disrespect that keeps me away from the other sites.  Somebody better get a handle on the few bad apples or I'll be on my way ..... :angry:

I come on here to learn more about our sport and the good fellowship, those that want to troll and bash should move on to another website. 

I love this site it's my morning coffee go to.  After the weather network of course  Good advice, great help about almost anything.  Great reporting on trail conditions.

9 hours ago, zoso said:

How is stating a fact a bash, that sled is an arctic cat. 

Fact is, it says yamaha srx on the side...

you gona call an arctic cat a yamaha because it has a yamaha engine in it? 

9 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Fact is, it says yamaha srx on the side...

you gona call an arctic cat a yamaha because it has a yamaha engine in it? 

There is always going to be that special someone that likes to stir up crap, and that always seems to know everything, regardless of the subject.....

Archived