Wonder what yamaha has up their sleeve....

Baylaker

My guess is a factory srx turbo sled...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, blackjack1 said:

if you ever see thee SRX logo again.................it will be SPECIAL...trust me........and then and only then........i will lay my money down....

You might, but it will be in a cat chasis with the same engine, they might just program the boost higher from the factory....Yamaha is done with sleds.

Yamaha is not done with sleds...

almost positive it will be a rebadge with the srx or venom name with the sidewinder engine...among other minor changes. Yamaha kill switch, yamaha throttle etc.

8 minutes ago, blackjack1 said:

if you ever see thee SRX logo again.................it will be SPECIAL...trust me........and then and only then........i will lay my money down....

all though i do currentley own a sidewinder...but like el'tigre andothers it will be a benchmarch ...telling we are back in the game....and we mean BUISINESSS....

Lots of good stuff will be coming from yamaha & arctic cat over the next 5years....

March 6 is the date apparently.  Waiting with baited breath but honestly not holding much hope for a real future devoid of cat p!ss.

Just seen Yamaha has a new dirt track race car. As far as sleds go. I'm sure it will be in an Arctic Car chassis. The Nitro was the last chassis they brought to market.

I TEND TO AGREE WITH YOU FOLK...THEY ARE FIRST AND FORMOST AN ENGINE MFG..AS WELL AS OTHER JAPANESSE MFG...BUT YOU WILL NOT SEE ME IN A HONDA CIVIC ANYTIME SOON..THEY AREEXPERTS AT WHAT THEY DO...A.ND IT IS IN ENGINE BUILDING PERIOD..LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF THE PACK.....BEEN PROVEN IN THE LAST 40YRS   NO COMPETITION?...don't youfind it stange that the worlds largest engine MFG does not par take in the game....no market share.....reality....

5 minutes ago, blackjack1 said:

I TEND TO AGREE WITH YOU FOLK...THEY ARE FIRST AND FORMOST AN ENGINE MFG..AS WELL AS OTHER JAPANESSE MFG...BUT YOU WILL NOT SEE ME IN A HONDA CIVIC ANYTIME SOON..THEY AREEXPERTS AT WHAT THEY DO...A.ND IT IS IN ENGINE BUILDING PERIOD..LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF THE PACK.....BEEN PROVEN IN THE LAST 40YRS   NO COMPETITION?...don't youfind it stange that the worlds largest engine MFG does not par take in the game....no market share.....reality....

if you think honda can't compete you are dilerious          LARGE.....

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

Yamaha kill switch ...

For the kill switch to work, does snowmobile have to start in cold weather first?

:-P

Yamaha has given up designing sleds. I find it odd that anyone would buy a vector or an apex as they have been the exact same sled since 2012 for the vec and 2011 for the apex when they got power steering, beyond that one update they were the same for several years prior as well. Who in their right mind payed 18k for a 2018 apex? Just buy a 2012 with 5000 km on it for 6k and get the exact same sled. They have obviously given up, but will let cat make them sleds as long as they can sell engines to cat. If this deal goes south, their entire sled line will be done for good.

3 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Lots of good stuff will be coming from yamaha & arctic cat over the next 5years....

I would have to agree. Yamaha is only manufacturer of power steering on sleds. Love it on Yamaha atv. 

With a fast aging sledding population this could be a huge selling point for older riders, where a good chunk of sales are happening. 

I could see a good turbo powered sled with power steering and a good ride from cat, may steal buyers from skidoo. 

I currently own a 2015 apex, love it, its my second apex. In my mind yamaha sleds are done, i have never owned a cat and never will. Sorry to you cat lovers but seen too many on the end of a rope

Not sure what i would buy next, maybe back to polaris

25 minutes ago, GTC said:

I currently own a 2015 apex, love it, its my second apex. In my mind yamaha sleds are done, i have never owned a cat and never will. Sorry to you cat lovers but seen too many on the end of a rope

Not sure what i would buy next, maybe back to polaris

Tend to agree, except for the Poo part.  Will not go back to 2 smoke.  Only one other option, at this point.

Remember when Yamaha tried to sell the world on their " New " torsional dampner.... Power steering is good but is it available in the Procross chassis? The original RX1/ Apex chassis started back in 2003

The EPS is integrated with the engine management unit, so it is not in any of the Cat's.  Only Apex, Vector and real Venture.  Certainly one of the things I will miss if I am forced to change brands.

Not sure what you mean by "torsional damper".  It you are referring to the Performance Damper, I can attest that it really does make a difference.  First 500 Km on my '15 did not have the YPD's.  Amazing the difference once they were installed.  The sled was much more stable.

7 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

I would have to agree. Yamaha is only manufacturer of power steering on sleds. Love it on Yamaha atv. 

With a fast aging sledding population this could be a huge selling point for older riders, where a good chunk of sales are happening. 

I could see a good turbo powered sled with power steering and a good ride from cat, may steal buyers from skidoo. 

The power steering is increasingly attractive to many I have talked to as they are aging.

The new chassis doesn't need Power Steering. 

And I feel that I the SRX name is coming back with a Winder motor/turbo and it'll be Spring Order only.   

Archived