Sudbury will survive the weather

soupkids

Heavy wet snow here now

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

Hey there Soup  We are here now  Rode the Wolf Loop and was all groomed  Green on the guide and all was good We trailered to Skeed to launch but we expected that. Rode yesterday too and was decent enough from Chateau Guay  to do a short ride when we arrived.  Hats off to everyone here the riding is really good    ( for being so far south  LOL )  Not a lot of experience with this area but very happy we are here.

Thanks for the update....I am still trying to decide between Sudbury or Timmins for the weekend of March 9 10 and 11.   Any additional info on where you rode and how things were would be greatley appreciated. 

2 hours ago, soupkids said:

Heavy wet snow here now

Thanks Soup, would really appreciate regular updates... Ive got 6 guys booked into the Chateau March 8.9.10 but also have timmins as a contingency plan...   you provided some great advice last year which I really appreciated for my first trip up there

6 minutes ago, Dirtbag said:

Thanks for the update....I am still trying to decide between Sudbury or Timmins for the weekend of March 9 10 and 11.   Any additional info on where you rode and how things were would be greatley appreciated. 

Going to be a zoo every where. That is start of march break. 

34 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Going to be a zoo every where. That is start of march break. 

still better than not riding....

Was mild yesterday. All the new snow melted away.   Trailered to Garson and rode north to moose loop and returned on the 56  After lunch lots of water and ride to the truck had lots of bare spots.  Have to stay north   Trailer to Capreol to launch from maybe. And as stated earlier scratchers really are necessary now

Some of the best riding in Sudbury is during the early spring thaw. the ice is still solid, the weather is nice, and on the northern trails the snow lasts a long time. If you stay in town you will want to trailer north to ride. Park at the Skead rec center and you are minutes from the big lake and the trails to the north.

Rode out of Windy Lake Tuesday. 305 kms! The trails weren’t bad but there isn’t much snow left to groom. Went to Wolf Mountain lookout and back. There is a twitter post today about a sled going through the ice on Wanapitei on trail 71. We went by there too and the ice dropped a couple feet at the north end of the lake. I assume that’s where the sled dropped through. All the lakes had enough snow to keep the sleds cool. Windy Lake had 36 inches of ice. Ride while you can! 

Archived