currently ice pellets here, no rain.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, soupkids said:

For those thinking about Sudbury ?

our trials will be fine.

currently ice pellets here, no rain.

Thanks soupkids! Do you think leaving from moonlight will be an issue for this coming weekend? Will I need scratchers?

Trails were so bad Monday morning, we packed up and drove to Timmins.  Lots of snow here and no rocks.

I'm 30 km south of Sudbury. So far we missed most of the rain. Bit of snow last night. Bit of freezing rain this morning but overall we haven't lost anything yet. Right at 32 degree now and foggy so could go either way. But if it cooled down right now trails will be fine but on the hard side

2 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Thanks soupkids! Do you think leaving from moonlight will be an issue for this coming weekend? Will I need scratchers?

Stayed at the Windy Lake motel last weekend - direct access to  the Cartier Moose Loop to the north was excellent - some thin snow but mostly super highway. Motel is older, but has good wifi, very hot and cold running water, (flush toilet) small fridge, and restaurant and gas on site. Not for everyone however - late arrival on Friday night (Saturday morning - 3:30 am - no sh*t) guy drove all the way from extreeem south western Ontario - could hear girl friend immediately and loudly complaining. Obviously not there for the sledding despite some fancy snowmobiles - they went somewhere else the next day. What a harpie.

1 hour ago, slomo said:

Stayed at the Windy Lake motel last weekend - direct access to  the Cartier Moose Loop to the north was excellent - some thin snow but mostly super highway. Motel is older, but has good wifi, very hot and cold running water, (flush toilet) small fridge, and restaurant and gas on site. Not for everyone however - late arrival on Friday night (Saturday morning - 3:30 am - no sh*t) guy drove all the way from extreeem south western Ontario - could hear girl friend immediately and loudly complaining. Obviously not there for the sledding despite some fancy snowmobiles - they went somewhere else the next day. What a harpie.

I would blame the guy. If he is too stupid to know his women will not like a moderate room, then either leave her ass at home or open the wallet. You may have suffered a minor inconvenience, he was stuck with an unhappy women for days.

1 hour ago, slomo said:

Well not for everyone I guess....My wife and i kinda like that place...simple, and honest and ready to drop what they are doing to come and help you...good luck finding a 5 ***** that will please her!?

1 hour ago, slomo said:

Thanks for the report slomo! 

Raining now but not loosing snow.

Trails will be ok, might be a little hard.

I would recommend scratchers just in case.

1 hour ago, soupkids said:

Raining now but not loosing snow.

Trails will be ok, might be a little hard.

I would recommend scratchers just in case.

Thankyou sir! 

Trails will be rock hard.

Scratchers are a must

Anybody staying at CG or Moonlight.

It may be kinda  nasty getting out but as you get north it will be better.

Did the snow survive thinking of dropping at the Stp yard. Or should we plan dropping further north. Heading to Quicks and area for a few days.  Thanks. 

4 hours ago, soupkids said:

Anybody staying at CG or Moonlight.

It may be kinda  nasty getting out but as you get north it will be better.

Just cancelled at moonlight and going to valley inn instead. I called moonlight 2x this week for trail updates and they said the yellow feeder trails will be rough but trunk trails are great! I don’t want the girlfriend riding on nasty trails...

22 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Just cancelled at moonlight and going to valley inn instead. I called moonlight 2x this week for trail updates and they said the yellow feeder trails will be rough but trunk trails are great! I don’t want the girlfriend riding on nasty trails...

They are correct

Groomers are on the move.

33 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Groomers are on the move.

Yeah - watched the SPOT groomer tracking last night. Thx ! 

Excellent! Where can I see the spot tracking?

Hey there  Looks like we will come up on Mon  the 26th    We want to ride 2 1/2 days   Any suggestions for accommodations ?  Don't know the area at all so any help would be appreciated  Pls thanks

Archived