FOR SALE

2016 Grand Touring SE

1339.5 Km’s

Fully Studded Track by Dealership

Glove Box Extension for a Garmin 650

Glove Box Liner

Quali Pieces Roller Wheels.

Full set of Ski Doo Service manuals

Fully maintained by Larry’s in Orangeville.

$13,000

Unfortunately it’s come a time that Tess and I are leaving the ATV and Sledding world. As some of you know Tess has a very rare form of Rheumatoid Arthritis which effects 44 of 64 joints and she’s had it since 2003. We have tried over the past two years to Sled and ATV, Tess straddling the seats, and have found that she just can’t sit that way for longer than an hour or so and even shorter when the trails are rough. We have reverted to driving the back roads and countryside in the 4 x 4 and a little hiking on the Bruce Trail to get our outdoor fix. We only road 3 times on the ATV last year and just two this year on the sled. 200 Km’s. So it’s time.

Please if you’re interested and serious drop me a note. We will not give this away. Don’t have to sell it but might as well.  

03_grandtouring_se_1152x864.jpg

IMG-20151001-00463.jpg

IMG-20151001-00464.jpg

Sorry for your situation.  Good luck with the sale.

Good luck with sale Dave. 

The grand touring se is an amazing sled. Makes a great solo touring sled too, with air suspension and can move back rest forward for solo rider, plus carry gear for three adults. Surely someone here will snap it up. 

Yup I have a 2011 850 Touring Polaris. Just redoing a couple bearings and cleaning all up. Will post it when it's ready. The Blue one. The Green one is already gone.

Downloaded Feb 16 2015 089.JPG

Sorry to hear of Tess's rheumatoid arthritis and your exit from our sport. I completely understand as my wife has had rheumatoid since the early 90's. Your sled and ATV look pristine in the pictures Dave.

the Grand Touring SE in the 1200 and the Polaris Touring is the 850 with Power Steering.

Has she tried humeria or remicade ??

13 hours ago, Grimm said:

Time to get a boat...a whole lot more comfortable for her.

I know a friend of mine swore he would never have a pontoon boat. He is into speed and pontoons are for "old" people. Last summer he bought a pontoon. His wife's arthritis made it difficult climbing in and out of the boat they had. Now the deck of the pontoon is at dock height so she can just step on and off. He still has his go fast boat though.

19 hours ago, soupkids said:

Has she tried humeria or remicade ??

Actually Soup she came off three years of trying new drugs. Humaria was great accept, one of the side effects is blistering feet and hands and she was good for a bit then the hands a feet blew up and it looked like she had been scalded. very painful. She's back on Methotrexate and things seem to be stable again for now. Thanks for your concern. It's been a long tough road for her. 

21 hours ago, ToSlow said:

whats the price on the quad?

The Quad is a 2011 Polaris 850 Touring. As you can see it has a bunch of extras. Ricochet Skid Plate set, Vip Air Faring, Terra Cross Tires. Was thinking of asking around $6000 but really haven't got that far as I have some preseason things to finish before it hits Kijiji.

54 minutes ago, Team2UP said:

Actually Soup she came off three years of trying new drugs. Humaria was great accept, one of the side effects is blistering feet and hands and she was good for a bit then the hands a feet blew up and it looked like she had been scalded. very painful. She's back on Methotrexate and things seem to be stable again for now. Thanks for your concern. It's been a long tough road for her. 

All the best to your wife. My mom had horrible arthritis. Her fingers were all bent and she would have trouble cutting a piece of meat. The pain never really stopped. She went through all the medications including some experimental ones over the years. I believe it was Methotrexate that she had delivered and a nurse came by weekly for the injections.

I hope the medication can keep things under control for her.

Thanks 02Sled.

I have given Tess  a needle every week from 2003 to 2015, methotrexate, then when she tried the experimental ones. Humira, which was another needle, it was combined with the methotrexate to keep thing under control then to Xeljanz and one other with no long term relief. Unfortunately she has 44 joints effected, not all at once as hers is what they call a "Flighting & Migratory" type, rather rare and it moves all around. In the years she's had four major flares when everything was attacked and she was basically immobile for weeks. 

It's been a long battle for her but she's the "Energizer Bunny" and gets up and does her best. The medication is a double edge sword as it helps now keep things a bay, for the most part, but the long term effect is not very good. 

Life's to short. As long as we wake up each morning and can plant are feet on solid ground, it's a good day. We'll deal with ever is thrown our way with a smile that the dirt is under our feet and not covering them. 

Anyway thanks for the words.

4 hours ago, Team2UP said:

I've been on remicade for 20+ years for chron's, it is also used for arthritis.

All the best Soup. Keep smiling!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to stop by for the last time and thank each and everyone of you for all your help, guidance and patience over the last number of years we've had the pleasure to be a member.

This forum is by far the best one we have ever been a part of and a great big shout out to those who administer it. Thank You.

To those who we have and they have befriended us, Thank You so very much. 

Both the Sled and bike are now sold and gone and Tess and I will adventure forward together and look for alternate ways to enjoy this great country of ours. Looking forward to it.

Happy trails to all and remember to keep the ski's pointing forward and the track on the ground.

Happy Trails

Dave & Tess

Team2Up is out!

Best wishes, Dave and Tess.

Just because you sold your sled doesn't mean you should leave this forum. You will always have knowledge and information useful to others. Besides, this site can be very entertaining when you need something else to do. 

Best wishes

CC

best wishes and you will be missed, I am sorry we never got out for a ride together,

Nunz

2 hours ago, catinental couch said:

Just because you sold your sled doesn't mean you should leave this forum. You will always have knowledge and information useful to others. Besides, this site can be very entertaining when you need something else to do. 

Best wishes

CC

Thanks CC. Don't think we'll leave just won't be visiting that often. Thanks

3 hours ago, Blake G said:

Best wishes, Dave and Tess.

Thanks Blake

1 hour ago, Nunz said:

best wishes and you will be missed, I am sorry we never got out for a ride together,

Nunz

Thanks Nunz

Best wishes!

10 hours ago, Team2UP said:

Just wanted to stop by for the last time and thank each and everyone of you for all your help, guidance and patience over the last number of years we've had the pleasure to be a member.

This forum is by far the best one we have ever been a part of and a great big shout out to those who administer it. Thank You.

To those who we have and they have befriended us, Thank You so very much. 

Both the Sled and bike are now sold and gone and Tess and I will adventure forward together and look for alternate ways to enjoy this great country of ours. Looking forward to it.

Happy trails to all and remember to keep the ski's pointing forward and the track on the ground.

Happy Trails

Dave & Tess

Team2Up is out!

Congrats Dave that didn't take long either. Maybe time to get a sports car instead. 

Archived