2016 Grand Touring For Sale

DaveTess

8 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Congrats Dave that didn't take long either. Maybe time to get a sports car instead. 

I have a 1980 Roar Runner so no need for a sports car. Had it since 1981.

Will take some time and look at side x sides with perhaps tracks for puttering around in the winter, I know I know no OFSC trails. HaHa. YET!

But we'll take our time and see. No sense buying something to sit. The sled only got 200km's on it this season. 

Anyway thanks for the note. MY80RR.thumb.jpg.0b6ce48f73d7ae5a6215f4686d8db932.jpg

Perhaps a pontoon boat. Easy for someone with arthritis to get in and out of. Walk on walk off usually at dock height.

1 hour ago, Team2UP said:

I have a 1980 Roar Runner so no need for a sports car. Had it since 1981.

Will take some time and look at side x sides with perhaps tracks for puttering around in the winter, I know I know no OFSC trails. HaHa. YET!

But we'll take our time and see. No sense buying something to sit. The sled only got 200km's on it this season. 

Anyway thanks for the note. MY80RR.thumb.jpg.0b6ce48f73d7ae5a6215f4686d8db932.jpg

I just bought this can't wait for spring.,

IMG_0057.JPG

Nice Vette, VR

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Perhaps a pontoon boat. Easy for someone with arthritis to get in and out of. Walk on walk off usually at dock height.

We've given it some thought. 

Sweet Vette VR. No much for my almost 40 year old RR.

Have fun!

Nice corvette VR, Congrats.

Nice Vette.... Particularly the colour... I went online for build and price. They aren't cheap but not quite as much as I thought they would be. My wife won't let me have one though. Not on our her priority list.

Happy driving.

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Nice Vette.... Particularly the colour... I went online for build and price. They aren't cheap but not quite as much as I thought they would be. My wife won't let me have one though. Not on our her priority list.

Happy driving.

List was 106 plus tax. The car was discounted deeply though since it has been sitting there since last aug. last ask price was 79995 plus tax. Apparently one hour after I bought it another guy and his wife came into dealer with a cheque and were pissed that it sold (they were in on Saturday but from out of town). 

Got a great car st an amazing price and this thing is loaded to hill.  Going to enjoy built in heads up display and navigation. No more gps stuck to dash on this one. 

4 hours ago, Nunz said:

Nice corvette VR, Congrats.

Thanks been looking for awhile and this one was from local dealer and they were eager to move it. They have no 2018's coming in, apparently they are all spoken for. 

11 hours ago, catinental couch said:

My body hurts just thinking of getting in and out of that thing. Enjoy it as much as you can. When it starts to hurt you, get rid of it.

I think I will be fine. Not an every day car by any means. It is low though but new ones have magnetic ride so suppose to ride real nice. 

Way back in the late 70's I went for a drive in a Lotus that even when I was young and nimble was awkward to get in and out of. A friend who is "plump" has a Vette. It's interesting to see him climbing in and out. 

4 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

I think I will be fine. Not an every day car by any means. It is low though but new ones have magnetic ride so suppose to ride real nice. 

By the way you describe it, you may be disappointed with the ride. Magnetic ride control makes it a stiffer ride over rough roads.

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Way back in the late 70's I went for a drive in a Lotus that even when I was young and nimble was awkward to get in and out of. A friend who is "plump" has a Vette. It's interesting to see him climbing in and out. 

Plump is a political word that doesn't imply degree of size. I am more than plump. lol

19 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

Plump is a political word that doesn't imply degree of size. I am more than plump. lol

Yeah I was just trying to be polite or politically correct. Ever notice how similar the words polite and politically are. Oh well... another way to put it is he has a Santa suit he uses for a Christmas event. He doesn't need any padding.

So sorry for your situation Dave and Tess, glad you've found something else you enjoy doing. Not to be another keyboard doctor but have you tried Cannabis? My wife has MS and has found that it helps quite a bit although it's not 100% effective. It's high in CBD and she doesn't get stoned from it,  and she doesn't smoke it. It comes in liquid and goes under the tongue.

If you need more info let me know, my wife knows much more about it than I do.

Take care,

Mark

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:34 PM, MXZ41 said:

So sorry for your situation Dave and Tess, glad you've found something else you enjoy doing. Not to be another keyboard doctor but have you tried Cannabis? My wife has MS and has found that it helps quite a bit although it's not 100% effective. It's high in CBD and she doesn't get stoned from it,  and she doesn't smoke it. It comes in liquid and goes under the tongue.

If you need more info let me know, my wife knows much more about it than I do.

Take care,

Mark

Thanks Mark for the kind words.

We have discussed it, however Tess, and I for that matter, are old school and haven't been able to rap our heads around it. We've spent our entire life so far with it being illegal and the stigma it has attached to it, that its a rather daunting thought to now perhaps use it, of course medicinally. Tess is a lot more uncomfortable with it than I, however it is not me that is the great deal of pain so it's a little easier for me to sit back and say go for it. To add insult to injury we pounded into our boys heads as they grew up how bad it was for you to now have Mom taking it. were just not sure how that would fly. Of course they want to see Mom feel better but never the less it's a tough one to swallow. Adding more to it , out one son is an OPP officer so it's even more uncomfortable for Tess to consider.

Now saying all that we have done some research and at the cost of $1800 a month for here medication, thank goodness for health plans, we may just have to look at something more natural than manufactured drugs to help her out.

Thanks for your thoughts. We'll just keep plugging along. 

Dave & Tess

Team2UP

I understand your dilemma regarding the use of cannabis. We were all indoctrinated with "Reefer Madness" growing up in the 50s, 60s, and 70s.

However a little research into the healing properties of cannabis especially the CBD will really open your eyes to medicinal uses for it. My wife uses it for her arthritis and the pain associated with her hip and knee replacements.

Also an historical tidbit for you, Marijuana was  legal until 1937, then the US government on the advice of J Edgar Hoover, decided that making it illegal would curb the immigration of Mexicans and give the FBI something to nail those uppity black jazz musicians with.

All the best to you and your wife, whatever you decide to do.

Look up Harry J Anslinger. 

He needed a job when they ended prohibition.

The rest, as they say, is history!

Archived