She is singing

Muskoka Man

48 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I thought while out for my ride last Weds' that w/ the sunshine & great conditions, how could anyone not like winter?

Wife and me were seriously considering moving to Florida until my son had some serious health issues. Now when I think about it though, I think I would really miss the changing seasons. I love summer and winter, just the in between sucks!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Poo Man said:

Wife and me were seriously considering moving to Florida until my son had some serious health issues. Now when I think about it though, I think I would really miss the changing seasons. I love summer and winter, just the in between sucks!

X2 on the bold - gets damn hot there in the summer though

2 hours ago, Poo Man said:

Talked to a chap in Charlotte NC a couple of years ago. He worked on the front desk @ the motel we were staying in. He said they had a miserable warm winter. He didn't mind the cold (for them) & enjoyed the seasonal changes. 

Maybe not over yet... guess what... the forecast seems to be wrong so far. A couple of days ago they issued a severe weather warning for 50mm of rain by Tues, then earlier today they had the severe weather warning but had rolled it back to 25mm of rain. A couple of hours ago they cancelled the severe weather alert. Who knows what will actually happen and what will or won't survive. Take a toss at the dart board is as accurate as the forecast.

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Maybe not over yet... guess what... the forecast seems to be wrong so far. A couple of days ago they issued a severe weather warning for 50mm of rain by Tues, then earlier today they had the severe weather warning but had rolled it back to 25mm of rain. A couple of hours ago they cancelled the severe weather alert. Who knows what will actually happen and what will or won't survive. Take a toss at the dart board is as accurate as the forecast.

Thrown by a monkey

On 2/18/2018 at 4:26 PM, revrnd said:

They'll be having a parade in Toronto celebrating the end of the horrible/brutal/terrible winter they endured.

True dat...isn't it sickening to listen to them?  That donkey on Global News, Anthony Farnell, is ready to strap on his tinkerbell wings and fly right outta the room when he delivers one of these "wonderful" forecasts.  Idiots.

6 minutes ago, Spanky said:

True dat...isn't it sickening to listen to them?  That donkey on Global News, Anthony Farnell, is ready to strap on his tinkerbell wings and fly right outta the room when he delivers one of these "wonderful" forecasts.  Idiots.

I've had a hate on for "The Chipmunk" for about 10 years. He was all excited about a thaw/rain cycle a week before our Northern Blastoff. "How small will these snowbanks be by next Tuesday?"

On Mon' we were in Geraldton watching TWN. There was a segment about the flooding in SW Ontario. The 1 homeowner they were talking to had 2 or 3 feet of water in their basement :( .

its not over here by a long shot.

ice pellets over night -10 now

Rode most of the day yesterday in Muskoka - little drizzle when I left at round 4 - trails were holding up - we'll see I guess.

This lousy weather stuff is really getting old. It scuttled our plans for a Lake Muskoka, Joseph and Rosseau cruise last summer due to too frequent rain and now the sledding season due too many days of thaw between snow.

Those damn Russians and their weather machine.

Wow, lots of red on the map now ,was quite warm today but not really a lot of rain

16 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

Wow, lots of red on the map now ,was quite warm today but not really a lot of rain

Lots of rain in the south. We have fields that are currently under water and could run a seadoo thru them. Ground is frozen so it just runs to low spots and backs up. Lots of water flowing for middle of feb. 

Raining here now but with the ice pellets that came down we will be fine.

1 hour ago, Viperules700 said:

Lots of rain in the south. We have fields that are currently under water and could run a seadoo thru them. Ground is frozen so it just runs to low spots and backs up. Lots of water flowing for middle of feb. 

Grand river and all creeks & fields are flooded like crazy here now! I’ve been thinking about my waverunner a lot today hahahaha 

5 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Grand river and all creeks & fields are flooded like crazy here now! I’ve been thinking about my waverunner a lot today hahahaha 

Weather is going to turn around for another blast of snow. We may not open but north of Barrie should improve. North should be good until third or forth week of march I hope. 

I am sitting at the Westway in Cochrane right now and it is freezing drizzle.    The trails look mint though.   We got here around 4pm and decided to have a couple of drinks and relax instead of going riding.   We are going to give it hell for the rest of the week.  

Is that crap still hanging around? Have to scrape all the friggin windows tomorrow morning again... twice today already... the single most annoying weather phenomenon in existence....

Ride hard buddy... :D

Heading to Timmins on Sunday for a few days.  Could easily be convinced to stay till the following Sunday if anyone is interested.

52 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Heading to Timmins on Sunday for a few days.  Could easily be convinced to stay till the following Sunday if anyone is interested.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm Interesting.  What motel are you at?

14 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Thats what happens when it rains & we have a thaw in Feb'. 'But spring is around the corner :D ."

IDGITS! :banghead:

1 hour ago, sledjunk said:

1 hour ago, extreme600 said:

The group is @ the Bon Air.

5 hours ago, extreme600 said:

As Revrnd said, we are staying at the BonAir.  Are you thinking of coming up?

Archived