First World Problems?

revrnd

I don't understand the issue with burping the tank. They could have built it without the extra gallon capacity but when I'm doing long distances I like the extra. If it's just short trips between fuel then you don't have to bother. Takes a whole 30 seconds extra so not a big deal. Dootalk has some good info but lots of crap as well. I enjoy this forum much more 

When I was researching for my next sled, I saw complaints like the fuel tank burping and thought if that's an "issue" it must be a damn good sled! 

3 hours ago, FishHog said:

I don't understand the issue with burping the tank. They could have built it without the extra gallon capacity but when I'm doing long distances I like the extra. If it's just short trips between fuel then you don't have to bother. Takes a whole 30 seconds extra so not a big deal. Dootalk has some good info but lots of crap as well. I enjoy this forum much more 

Same here. Up north we'll burp them. Filling up to go for a ride down 'south', I don't worry about the extra fuel.

4 hours ago, FishHog said:

Yep, I find it funny when guys complain about having to burp, as if it was some design error made by the manufacturer. I"m happy that manufacturers incorporated this creative way to get a few extra liters capacity without having to compromise too much on seat position, tunnel storage, centralized mass and all the other competing 'wish lists' when designing a sled. If you don't need the extra gas, then don't burp. 

regarding fuel leakage, I don't see how a full, burped sled can be more prone to leakage than a full sled which does not require burping. If the tank is full and the fuel expands, then the fuel has to get out somewhere if there is no air cavity. 

It would have been such an easy design to fix the tank and seat on the computer long before it saw the assembly line. Another example of some dumb smart guy not thinking ahead.

48 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

It would have been such an easy design to fix the tank and seat on the computer long before it saw the assembly line. Another example of some dumb smart guy not thinking ahead.

"You're not looking at the big picture".

55 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Now that right there is funny

5 hours ago, coolbane said:

Now that right there is funny

Funny sarcastic or funny haha ?

Archived