URGENT HELP NEEDED

Giddy UP

Posting for a friend. Any help appreciated

URGENT...NOT A JOKE...Help needed....My Husband Albert and his buddy were sledding and are in Searchmont, ON (north of Sault ST. Marie     One of the 2 sleds is completely disabled....there is no vacancy in the limited accommodations there due to family weekend....is there anyone up there who could A) give them a place to stay tonight and or the same or different person who could B) help them get back to Port Severn with or without the sleds.  If he can at least get back here he can drive back up there with the trailer to get the sleds....but if somebody has a trailer that he could get them to bring him home ...he will work something out with you to compensate you! Text me 705-816-6116 or call me......This is posted at 5:58 PM Saturday.  Otherwise I have a 6 1/2 hour drive ahead of me tonight one way!

Pm dan senior and see if he is around to help and or Karl at drift wood inn maybe can come up with something. Good luck. 

Thanks Viper

1 hour ago, zoso said:

Nobody on the oh crap I need help list up there?

I'm the closest and I'm 4+ hrs away.

Text me at 705-662-1511 if nothing else pans out, might be able to call a friend in the soo.

32 minutes ago, soupkids said:

I'm the closest and I'm 4+ hrs away.

Text me at 705-662-1511 if nothing else pans out, might be able to call a friend in the soo.

Thanks. I have sent her all the accommodations In that area to see id anyone can help, and also messaged Dan Senior, but nothing yet. Waiting now for her to let me know if she was able to find help. Thanks a bunch

UPDATE. She has received some help. All is good.  Thank you

Took me 2 days to get from Wawa to Timmins w/ a wonky sled.

6 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Took me 2 days to get from Wawa to Timmins w/ a wonky sled.

You sure have had more then your fair share of trouble. Hopefully new sled treats you well. Going to Cochrane in march? 

Thanks for forwarding my name as its always a pleasure to assist our fellow snowmobiler colleagues. 

I was on the phone a few minutes ago with Albert (the gentleman) who was actually broke down in the bush north of Searchmont.  He has found a place to stay in the Sault tonight and has just checked into the hotel.  He also has a plan and directions in place for tomorrow to retrieve the disabled snowmobile.

I am on standby to assist if need be.

Dan

46 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

You sure have had more then your fair share of trouble. Hopefully new sled treats you well. Going to Cochrane in march? 

That was back in 2012. Turned out a faulty voltage regulator. Too bad it hadn't started acting BEFORE the trip.

1 hour ago, Dan-Senior said:

Thanks for forwarding my name as its always a pleasure to assist our fellow snowmobiler colleagues. 

I was on the phone a few minutes ago with Albert (the gentleman) who was actually broke down in the bush north of Searchmont.  He has found a place to stay in the Sault tonight and has just checked into the hotel.  He also has a plan and directions in place for tomorrow to retrieve the disabled snowmobile.

Dan

Many thanks Dan Senior !    Many thanks, indeed !!!!

10 hours ago, Dan-Senior said:

Dan

Thank you Dan!  Your assistance was very much appreciated. It is exactly this kind of help and i for ation that makes this Forum such a great place to find it!  I am glad he is safe amd has a place to stay for the night!

cheers!

Giddy

Archived