Port Severn

GibsonNytro

Looking to see if anyone has any updates about the Port Severn area?  I see on the map everything went from Green to Yellow today.  Yes, I know its been warm the past 2 days and the snow has been melting up there but I'll be at my cottage (Gibson Lake) this weekend and looking to try and ride to the Baxter Club BBQ tomorrow.  Thinking the best way might be to shoot the lakes south and I'm ok with that.  Thanks in advance and hope everyone has a good long weekend!

Did you get to the BBQ on Saturday. I wish I had of seen your post. I was there on Saturday. It would have been nice to put a name and a face together. Turn out was better than expected given the weather / snow conditions. I was only able to get up for Saturday but I understand there was a strong turn out on the Sunday at Village Marina as well.

We were the 1st group to arrive on Saturday morning, arrived a little bit before it started.  We waiting around, had a hot dog and a few spins on the prize wheel. We also stopped in again on Sunday for more spins and a dog.  We hopped lakes and back trails out to Georgian Bay. Ended up having a great ride both Saturday and Sunday out on the bay.

10 minutes ago, GibsonNytro said:

We were the 1st group to arrive on Saturday morning, arrived a little bit before it started.  We waiting around, had a hot dog and a few spins on the prize wheel. We also stopped in again on Sunday for more spins and a dog.  We hopped lakes and back trails out to Georgian Bay. Ended up having a great ride both Saturday and Sunday out on the bay.

I spoke to a few of you.... I was the guy in the Cat green coat. It seems the season has come to an abrupt end in our area. I have heard from some people that there are many places the ice is becoming quite thin from water flowing under it. Even if all the water on top refreezes things could be questionable.

Archived