Temiskaming Shores Accomaditions

Bearman

Well unfortunate weather conditions here in Muskoka so the wife and I are off to Temiskaming. Looking for place to stay with a restaurant near by any recommendations would be great thanks? 

Holiday inn . Quality Inn, Econo Inn All next to each other On HWY 11 Lots of parking, Food near by. There is restaurant at Husky

And Gilleys Truck stop Has good food.

We always stay at the Waterfront Inn on the Lake, restaurant on site and continental breakfast! Across the street is Tim Hortons & LCBO.

8 minutes ago, Evil said:

We always stay at the Waterfront Inn on the Lake, restaurant on site and continental breakfast! Across the street is Tim Hortons & LCBO.

What is the parking like there for someone trailering in from the south?

11 minutes ago, revrnd said:

What is the parking like there for someone trailering in from the south?

There's always trucks and trailers parked there in the lot.  We have left ours there for 4 days before, no issues.

15 minutes ago, Evil said:

There's always trucks and trailers parked there in the lot.  We have left ours there for 4 days before, no issues.

Thanks, I've only been thru the town once (looking for the Beer Store) so I wasn't sure how much space there was.

11 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Waterfront gets our vote also. Roosters restaurant on site, and right beside trails. Better staying there then up on hwy 11 imo..

x2. Don't even have to leave the building,very nice bar/restaurant.

13 hours ago, revrnd said:

Thanks, I've only been thru the town once (looking for the Beer Store) so I wasn't sure how much space there was.

Just left the parking lot at 5pm Friday, head home after the week long trip. Only about 4 rigs in the lot excluding ours. When we arrived on the 10th, there were only about 7 rigs. Least amount of rigs I've seen over the years. 

38 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

Just left the parking lot at 5pm Friday, head home after the week long trip. Only about 4 rigs in the lot excluding ours. When we arrived on the 10th, there were only about 7 rigs. Least amount of rigs I've seen over the years. 

The trend seems to be less snow in New Liskeard. When we first started going to Ontario 20 years ago,the snow mounds would be as tall as the buildings.Seems now,NL hardly gets any snow and you have to trailer to Kirkland Lake to hit anything decent.

Thanks every body. We are booked at the waterfront inn. If any body is interested my wife and I are doing a small loop Thursday then off to Gowganda for lunch Friday and likely Kirkland lake Saturday

12 minutes ago, DOM said:

But the waterfront inn doesn’t have a pool or hot tub on site. The quality inn on hwy 11 does

We would rather have the decent onsite restaurant.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2018 at 7:19 PM, DOM said:

But the waterfront inn doesn’t have a pool or hot tub on site. The quality inn on hwy 11 does

I believe you can use the one in the community center next door for a small fee.  

I have stayed at Quality Inn and Econolodge in the past and I think Waterfront is my preference now.  The restaurant is good, the rooms are very nice, the breakfast is decent and the lake access is nice too.

We just got back and stayed at the Quality Inn. It is nice and although they have a hot tub and pool, they let people from town use it (for a small fee) and it was quite noisy with kids. No big deal really though as it was a Sunday.

Staff were really friendly, breakfast was good. Its really nice that you can access your room with swipe card from outside. Restaurants are very close. Alis was good, Gas is right next door and trail goes right to your room. 

Anybody stay at The Wheels Inn in New Liskeard. Thinking of going up March 17. Just need a clean room and near trails.

We just came back today from NL. Stayed at the waterfront inn great location on the lake and Rooster’s rest on site 

19 hours ago, DOM said:

We just came back today from NL. Stayed at the waterfront inn great location on the lake and Rooster’s rest on site 

What are trails like. How much are rooms there. Thanks.

152 or so. Expedia.ca or tripadvisor are a way to compare. I have been checking lately also. Haileybury Beach has good reviews and is economical at around 85 per. Most of the others are between these two prices. Used Econolodge at 112 ish last week. It was convenient and clean

Stayed at the EcoLodge last week, super friendly at the front desk, room was clean n tidy, lots of parking. 

On trail shot of the A just north of Latchford last Thursday am.  First ones on the snow from New Liskeard to about 2/3 way down to Temagami.............slice of heaven.

20180301_092002.jpg

Just booked Quality Inn today. price was $151. I asked if they had a snowmobile package and they dropped the price to $135. We just wanted a clean place with a pool/hot tub

On 05/03/2018 at 4:56 PM, Blake G said:

152 or so. Expedia.ca or tripadvisor are a way to compare. I have been checking lately also. Haileybury Beach has good reviews and is economical at around 85 per. Most of the others are between these two prices. Used Econolodge at 112 ish last week. It was convenient and clean

Is the Econolodge on the trail Blake.

8 minutes ago, thetorches said:

Is the Econolodge on the trail Blake.

I'm not Blake, but yes it is.

10 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

I'm not Blake, but yes it is.

Ok. Thanks.

Archived