Zrtkat in st Raymond

zrtkat

We had quite a experience today got a early start because of the weather,I  can never go snowmobiling without the weather doi by something, well the trails where awesome ,the weather,fog,freezing rain, snow,but just enough to be annoying, but still having a good time 4 days in 800 miles, the weather is going to improve Friday and we are heading north

20180215_093618.jpg

20180215_133221.jpg

20180215_164912.jpg

20180215_100947.jpg

20180215_133110.jpg

20180215_150754.jpg

20180215_093612.jpg

20180215_132653.jpg

I was there last week.   Stayed in the motel right next door to the Cat dealer.   

39 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I was there last week.   Stayed in the motel right next door to the Cat dealer.   

That's where we are staying tonight,place is full of sledders,having a hard time communicating with our waitress but we are getting thru it.

Thanks Jeff we still have 5 more days to go.

14 hours ago, zrtkat said:

That's where we are staying tonight,place is full of sledders,having a hard time communicating with our waitress but we are getting thru it.

We find it fun communicate with the many waitresses over the course of our trips in Quebec. They get into it if you are trying to speak a bit of French. We all end up laughing a lot. 

There are 3 words that get used often when ordering food in Quebec zrtcat.  Those words are    La meme chose.  They translates to  the same thing.    Fortunately our tastes in food are much the same LOL.

14 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

We find it fun communicate with the many waitresses over the course of our trips in Quebec. They get into it if you are trying to speak a bit of French. We all end up laughing a lot. 

There are 3 words that get used often when ordering food in Quebec zrtcat.  Those words are    La meme chose.  They translates to  the same thing.    Fortunately our tastes in food are much the same LOL.

Back in my rodeo days we used to go to a 10 day rodeo in rural St-Tite Quebec. It was always fun trying to communicate with some of the locals and there were laughs from both sides. Our pitiful French in particular. For us breakfast was deux oeufs and a donut was la gooey un. It's true what they say about use it or lose it. I had taken 4 years of French in high school. The other phrase that I recall, probably because of the fact it was a line from a song and what the translation is voulez vous couche avec mois ce soir.

Denis... don't laugh too much at my likely butchered spelling.

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

The other phrase that I recall, probably because of the fact it was a line from a song and what the translation is voulez vous couche avec mois ce soir.

Denis... don't laugh too much at my likely butchered spelling.

Not too shabby my wannabe-canadian ... not too shabby !!!!!

21 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Another useful ordering idiom - all dressed  - when you want your  amburger loaded. 

Thanks slomo

We need all the help we can get lol.in Roberval now ,what a nice place for snowmobiles ,they have a big tent out back for sleds with video surveillance, 

20180216_174448.jpg

20180216_113550.jpg

The talk about ordering meals reminds me of lunch in D'ville back in '01 LOL

Told my friend (1st sled trip north) the special was ham & cheese sammich w/ fries. Where? he asked. I pointed to the blackboard. Its French! he exclaimed. Of course, "jambon et fromage avec frites."

I had a burger de fromage (Denis you can put an F on my test) LOL

I was working in one of our stores in a small town in Quebec for a couple of days a number of years ago. It was time to go to lunch and I crossed the road to what I was told was a good diner. I went back to the store and got the manager. I told him you're going to lunch. He asked why. I told him so you can tell me what's on the menu and order for me.

Archived