Tomorrow’s ride...

Baylaker

Looking for any info on the trails for tomorrow’s ride. Starting in orillia on division rd. They were listed green earlier thismorning, but have since changed to yellow. We don’t mind riding yellow as long as they’re not beat to crap!

55E054B2-6D5F-4F88-A866-710C232D3EA3.jpeg

Our back up plan is out of mactier....

CC77EECE-83A5-4E3D-B26A-2429B8F18A88.jpeg

Your D7 route will be hard on the carbides.

22 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Your D7 route will be hard on the carbides.

Would you suggest staging out of mactier and riding parry sound area?

I'd take a good hard look at the ITG, change the view to Hybrid and zoom in close looking to see how much of the trails you plan to ride appear to actually be on the road rather than off. Typically pretty easy to tell when the trail is a straight line and follows an actual road. Some will be on the shoulder and some actually on the road. Then take your best choice with the least road rash.

The section I scribbled out in red no longer goes through the bush.  I highlighted the route in yellow which is all road running.  After today it won't be great.  On sunday 4 of us took this route back from gravenhurst and you could hear carbide on asphalt.  

Route.png

6 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

What happened with trail 15 04nf?

I honestly don't know.  Didn't know it was closed until we took the 4 up to petez's house and saw a fence across.  I can only assume it is a land owner issue

39 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Would you suggest staging out of mactier and riding parry sound area?

That would be my suggestion for you....lots of snow on Saturday and a lot more fell last Sunday in the northern area of your map....a couple of pics from last Saturday trails 804 805...did almost the same as your plan B above on the top half anyway...DunAhmic and Cramadog trails.....check WildBill's post around here somewhere about bulldozing on the C alternate(?) trail

pic01.thumb.JPG.41087f22a314ec25d8ec5cdf540de91b.JPG

pic02.thumb.JPG.4dcef0820e940d59e261fb7e6f468c7e.JPG

pic03.thumb.JPG.bb22225d7cc0e5bf543f38999ee4c697.JPG

Hope this is helpful - on the ITG  C101 is marked yellow - did probably get a lot of wear last weekend. Maybe look more north toward Port Loring from the Cramadog trails?

Ok thanks slomo! I’d prefer to ride six star and area clubs anyways...

31 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

What happened with trail 15 04nf?

Landowner issues.

Not really sure of the details.

Archived