Helmet Suggestions

johnsazzr

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, zoso said:

I would sell one, why not. 

It's a USED helmet!

could have been dropped, could have been in an accident, could have been puked in, etc

8 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

It's a USED helmet!

could have been dropped, could have been in an accident, could have been puked in, etc

Thank you!

36 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

It's a USED helmet!

So, would i not know if any of that had happened being I am the seller? So again, I ask, why would you not sell a helmet you would wear yourself?

4 hours ago, zoso said:

So, would i not know if any of that had happened being I am the seller? So again, I ask, why would you not sell a helmet you would wear yourself?

Someone may be foolish enough to buy a used helmet. The seller can tell the buyer anything they want in order to make the sale. For all of the previously mentioned reasons I wouldn't buy a used helmet. God only knows the bacteria in there. Just think of the oils and sweat from the persons hair and all the moisture from their exhales.

I also will not buy a used helmet nor sell one. i will give it away, but with full understanding it is used. If you read the instructions on a helmet, even a 3ft drop can  effect its protection.

If they are willing to sell it, they probably don't wear it.....

15 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

If they are willing to sell it, they probably don't wear it.....

We have one that has been in the closet for about 10 years. There is in fact nothing wrong with it. Never been dropped etc. My wife used it 4 times then she got the BRP modular helmet simply because it was so much better. Regardless we won't be selling it. We would maybe loan it to one of our friends who wanted to try snowmobiling for a few hours. If I knew someone who was tight on funds and needed a helmet I would likely give it to them letting them know she always had a balaclava  over her hair and how much it had been used then let them decide if they wanted it or not.

I have some used polar fleece underwear for sale :D

On 3/3/2018 at 11:20 AM, johnsazzr said:

bvs2  non-electric

I've had one for years. Fits great; works even better. No fogging visor or need for a cord.

UNWIND balaclava completes ensemble.

Stock skidoo balaclava in box also works well ( just not as warm in neck area).

1 hour ago, zoso said:

I just sold this one on ebay. Related image

I doubt that was bought to be worn... a collectable perhaps

6 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I doubt that was bought to be worn... a collectable perhaps

Guys that ride vintage often like to wear the vintage clothing and helmets.  i love seeing a guy on a 50 year old sled wearing the gear from back then that matches the sled.

3 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I have some used polar fleece underwear for sale :D

How much?:icon_hyper:

helmets have a life span, manufacturers suggest replacement every 5 years. most racing organizations, sled, bike, car, stick to the mfg date code, and DO NOT ALLOW RACERS TO WEAR A HELMET OLDER THAN 5 YEARS ON THE PRODUCTION DATE, NO MATTER WHAT THE PURCHASE DATE WAS.  foam, padding, and shells break down, with or without use, from ozone, and uv.

your results may vary. ask yourself what is your head worth. Ski

2 hours ago, skidooboy said:

helmets have a life span, manufacturers suggest replacement every 5 years. most racing organizations, sled, bike, car, stick to the mfg date code, and DO NOT ALLOW RACERS TO WEAR A HELMET OLDER THAN 5 YEARS ON THE PRODUCTION DATE, NO MATTER WHAT THE PURCHASE DATE WAS.  foam, padding, and shells break down, with or without use, from ozone, and uv.

your results may vary. ask yourself what is your head worth. Ski

Paige and I are going to replace ours next season.  Hate to admit mine has over 15 seasons on it,  but I still fit my fat head in there and it feels and works great.  Lots of scares too.  It has saved me a few times.  about 10 new heated shields and a few brims replaced also.

Saw the magnetic coupler on the Oxygen coming from BRP and thought about how many RCA plugs I have ripped out.

It is time.

Forsale...1 week old BVS2 large non electric....$350...lol....hate it....cant get it to seal to my face after 1 million hrs of adjusting...instant fog ...I wear glasses...instant fog...tried all possible ways to adjust it....tried with no balaclava...2 different thicknesses of balaclava...fog fog fog...

1 hour ago, johnsazzr said:

Forsale...1 week old BVS2 large non electric....$350...lol....hate it....cant get it to seal to my face after 1 million hrs of adjusting...instant fog ...I wear glasses...instant fog...tried all possible ways to adjust it....tried with no balaclava...2 different thicknesses of balaclava...fog fog fog...

Have you tried talking to your dealer to see if they can offer a refund or alternative?  You're taking quite a hot in cost.

Just clean the used helmet. Lol. Best 2 helmets. Ski Doo Modulaire and the new Titan(goggles type)

6 hours ago, johnsazzr said:

Take out the Exhuast valve on mouth piece. That will solve your issue. leave valves in place on side of nose piece and make sure they seal. With centre valve gone you can easily exhaul the moisture. Should work for you. 

My dad has Bv2s. When we first got it, he fogged up right away. So we adjusted everything and sure enough fogged up again. I wore it for abit and it fogged up too. So then I removed the centre valve, works perfect now. If you aren't a heavy breather stupid centre valve doesn't open, so moisture goes back thru side valves and into helmet. 

15 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Take out the Exhuast valve on mouth piece. That will solve your issue. leave valves in place on side of nose piece and make sure they seal. With centre valve gone you can easily exhaul the moisture. Should work for you. 

My dad has Bv2s. When we first got it, he fogged up right away. So we adjusted everything and sure enough fogged up again. I wore it for abit and it fogged up too. So then I removed the centre valve, works perfect now. If you aren't a heavy breather stupid centre valve doesn't open, so moisture goes back thru side valves and into helmet. 

will try that tomorrow

Archived