2019 Ski-Doo Release Date

Turbo Doo

6 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

I wonder how fast the 900 turbo will be. So it will be eco, standard, sport mode and turbo when you need more jam I guess. The trails will be full of these things in a few seasons. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Basketcase said:

Everyone is talking about rumours for a 900 turbo. They have it in their side by sides now, but not sure if it will fit in a sled or not. 

I miss Don Coffeys in Cookstown. 

What being ripped off and going bankrupt with yours and everyone elses deposits

8 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

I wonder how fast the 900 turbo will be. So it will be eco, standard, sport mode and turbo when you need more jam I guess. The trails will be full of these things in a few seasons. 

It will weigh too much for you with all that plumbing hanging on there for only a measily 140 hp..  You better stick with a 2 stroke.

1 hour ago, Big Pussy said:

It will weigh too much for you with all that plumbing hanging on there for only a measily 140 hp..  You better stick with a 2 stroke.

I am not real excited about more turbo's in this sport. Trails are rough enough, get these high torque machines out in wrong hands, it won't be much fun out there. 

Skidoo will probably crank this 900 up to 165 horsepower, heck Polaris turbo 750 was 140. 

7 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

I am not real excited about more turbo's in this sport. Trails are rough enough, get these high torque machines out in wrong hands, it won't be much fun out there. 

Well said. Seemed to have had more ' gulp' moments with oncoming sleds than usual, this year. 

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

Well said. Seemed to have had more ' gulp' moments with oncoming sleds than usual, this year. 

Yea makes you think how much is too much? 

1 hour ago, Viperules700 said:

Skidoo will probably crank this 900 up to 165 horsepower, heck Polaris turbo 750 was 140. 

It's nice to have the ability to get to where you need to be in a timely matter but really how many trails can you actually navigate at over 100. Sure on the lakes but watch out for pressure cracks. What is driving this need for massive acceleration and speed. Why does it seem so many people seem to have such fragile egos that they have to "hey everybody watch this" as they tear the crap out of the trail from a stand still. Then they have the audacity to complain about the trail condition.

9 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

Yea makes you think how much is too much? 

Once word turbo goes on sled TD won't touch it I bet. Other insurance companies will follow. When I bought the viper I had a heck of time trying to get insurance. Once sales agent heard word viper, they said they wouldn't touch it. 

6 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Once word turbo goes on sled TD won't touch it I bet. Other insurance companies will follow. When I bought the viper I had a heck of time trying to get insurance. Once sales agent heard word viper, they said they wouldn't touch it. 

Good point. I was worried going from my 800 to 1200 my insurance company would give me the gears. Ended up only being $10 more a year.

11 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

It's nice to have the ability to get to where you need to be in a timely matter but really how many trails can you actually navigate at over 100. Sure on the lakes but watch out for pressure cracks. What is driving this need for massive acceleration and speed. Why does it seem so many people seem to have such fragile egos that they have to "hey everybody watch this" as they tear the crap out of the trail from a stand still. Then they have the audacity to complain about the trail condition.

That’s why I only have a 600. Plenty fast enough and great in the tight twisties. I’d be happy with a 440 that weighed a couple hundred pounds less and still had decent suspension.

13 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

If I recall at one time the magic number for insurance was anything over 700 some insurers weren't interested.

we paid $6000 brand new 2016 Arctic 4000 RR and it flies in the trails

wish i bought two with this weather every year

on the Lake it does 90 mph which is a good speed

1 hour ago, Muskoka cat guy said:

we paid $6000 brand new 2016 Arctic 4000 RR and it flies in the trails

wish i bought two with this weather every year

on the Lake it does 90 mph which is a good speed

Race replica sled? 

19 minutes ago, Muskoka cat guy said:

yes sir surprised how well it goes

i ride a new polaris but double the price

Be too stiff of a ride for me anyways. 

Doo ought to aim for 200+ with a turbo 4 stroke imo. Theres only one engine up there and its a runaway market share so it would be foolish to ignore, not to mention all the people watching the lake legends continually take the crown of king also wins future market share by being a legend. Think Wildact 650, dang sled saved arctic cat from oblivion and put the fear in anyone else until the 670 arrived. Thundercat again put the fear. Yami tried with the 4cyl Vmax. MachZ1000 was a legend before it even hit the snow.

The 150-170 hp range is well served with a long run its time to put some space in there and lead the pack.

As for that cat suspension? Thats Alouette design from wayyyyy back, nothing new although the weight reduction these days is a solid win. Wonder how it handles?

14 minutes ago, crispy said:

Doo ought to aim for 200+ with a turbo 4 stroke imo. Theres only one engine up there and its a runaway market share so it would be foolish to ignore, not to mention all the people watching the lake legends continually take the crown of king also wins future market share by being a legend. Think Wildact 650, dang sled saved arctic cat from oblivion and put the fear in anyone else until the 670 arrived. Thundercat again put the fear. Yami tried with the 4cyl Vmax. MachZ1000 was a legend before it even hit the snow.

The 150-170 hp range is well served with a long run its time to put some space in there and lead the pack.

As for that cat suspension? Thats Alouette design from wayyyyy back, nothing new although the weight reduction these days is a solid win. Wonder how it handles?

what sled was that with a single rail  horizontal articulating rear suspension...

Found it.

Alouette Single Rail Suspension

7 hours ago, 02Sled said:

More is better!

Look @ Dodge, Ford & GM w/ the HD truck market. Each year it's a race to see who has the highest HP/Torque & towing ratings.

7 hours ago, jrhz06 said:

That’s why I only have a 600. Plenty fast enough and great in the tight twisties. I’d be happy with a 440 that weighed a couple hundred pounds less and still had decent suspension.

I had a lot of fun in my F chassis MXZx 440. I hated the S chassis 500, but the ZX was a big improvement (loved it after the 1st 10 miles on it). I would've loved to have tried a 440 in the ZX sled.

4 hours ago, bbakernbay said:

How are the dealers doing with current year models?

My dealer when I was last in just before Xmas, almost had everything sold and very little used machines (waiting list for some models like grand tourings). They said they had a good strong sales year. Early snow in mid December really helped to move inventory. 

ya the dealers are lucky we had snow before xmas for if we did not they would have almost everything left.

They might as well  open up all trails to ATV's in southern Ontario going forward as there is not really a winter here anymore.

22 minutes ago, hancop said:

ya the dealers are lucky we had snow before xmas for if we did not they would have almost everything left.

They might as well  open up all trails to ATV's in southern Ontario going forward as there is not really a winter here anymore.

I imagine the landowners would have something to say about that.

I'm always attracted to the high hp sleds 

I know I don't NEED any of that power but it is fun now and then! 

Archived