2019 Ski-Doo Release Date

Turbo Doo

Where can I find another 2015 XF7000 new in a crate with the good Cat clutches ?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, zoso said:

Expect about 700 to dealer on top, btw 2016 added TEAM clutches, that sled is a solid deal. I would much rather have it than a 150 hp doo 900.

Last time I bought a sled was last winter. Bought a current model year, since it was first year for a 900 se grand touring. Took dealer a few weeks to locate and deliver unit. Long story short total price including freight and pdi plus skidoo gave 500 bucks, plus second year warranty I ended up about 400 below msrp plus tax. 

With 1200 current promotion, if freight and pdi is still 700, should be about 900 below msrp all in, plus tax. 

13 hours ago, zoso said:

Expect about 700 to dealer on top, btw 2016 added TEAM clutches, that sled is a solid deal. I would much rather have it than a 150 hp doo 900.

I know they changed to team clutches, but my 2013, dialed up to 240 HP, has been rock solid in the clutching area.

Luckily for me, this one isn,t a belt blower.

1200 miles on XF8000 this year with the team clutches, not babied, I am a fan. Smooth, low engagement,  and easy deflection adjustment.

1700 miles total now on this sled and I could not believe that the belt showed less than 1mm wear. We have had very good luck and service life with dozens of versions of Cat clutches over the years, and the Team clutches are just another step up IMO.

13 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Last time I bought a sled was last winter. Bought a current model year, since it was first year for a 900 se grand touring. Took dealer a few weeks to locate and deliver unit. Long story short total price including freight and pdi plus skidoo gave 500 bucks, plus second year warranty I ended up about 400 below msrp plus tax. 

With 1200 current promotion, if freight and pdi is still 700, should be about 900 below msrp all in, plus tax. 

I just got a quote for a '19 Backcountry XRS with SHOT and 2" track for $400 less than MSRP OTD (not including taxes). 

30 minutes ago, Basketcase said:

I just got a quote for a '19 Backcountry XRS with SHOT and 2" track for $400 less than MSRP OTD (not including taxes). 

Not sure if shot is extra though on top of regular msrp and does it cost 300 to change track? Where do you live? 

Collingwood area. 

I actually thought it was a decent price. Saving $1200 something for freight PDI and such he said. Although I don't know what all that is actually worth as it was just a quick visit. 

I have no experience with spring ordering and negotiating. 

16 minutes ago, Basketcase said:

Collingwood area. 

I actually thought it was a decent price. Saving $1200 something for freight PDI and such he said. Although I don't know what all that is actually worth as it was just a quick visit. 

I have no experience with spring ordering and negotiating. 

Thought it should be around 700 to 1000 range depending on model and options below msrp. Usually dealer will kick in 300 or 400 extra too. Shot could be extra as well not sure. I am Going to get a price on a new. Etec 600r  in a few weeks, when I go in. See what dealer comes up with. 

Another option is to call Doug at mcintoish power and leisure in st Mary's and see what he comes up with for pricing on same sled. He is a straight shooter and gives you a comparision. They typically sell a good number of sleds each season, pricing tends to be very competitive. 

14 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Thought it should be around 700 to 1000 range depending on model and options below msrp. Usually dealer will kick in 300 or 400 extra too. Shot could be extra as well not sure. I am Going to get a price on a new. Etec 600r  in a few weeks, when I go in. See what dealer comes up with. 

Another option is to call Doug at mcintoish power and leisure in st Mary's and see what he comes up with for pricing on same sled. He is a straight shooter and gives you a comparision. They typically sell a good number of sleds each season, pricing tends to be very competitive. 

Thank for the info! Im waiting until the buzz dies down a bit and I get to see them at the spring show next month before I put down my deposit. Then maybe they will be more eager to make a deal. 

Keep us updated on what kind of prices you get

BTW St Onge has a 2018 600R if you are interested, may be able to work a good deal. Pretty sweet sled if I was in the market for a trail weapon. 

16 minutes ago, Basketcase said:

Thank for the info! Im waiting until the buzz dies down a bit and I get to see them at the spring show next month before I put down my deposit. Then maybe they will be more eager to make a deal. 

Keep us updated on what kind of prices you get

BTW St Onge has a 2018 600R if you are interested, may be able to work a good deal. Pretty sweet sled if I was in the market for a trail weapon. 

Last time I compared with super g and price was pretty much the same within a 100. Freight pdi and profit margins change all the time. 

8 hours ago, lastzrt said:

1200 miles on XF8000 this year with the team clutches, not babied, I am a fan. Smooth, low engagement,  and easy deflection adjustment.

1700 miles total now on this sled and I could not believe that the belt showed less than 1mm wear. We have had very good luck and service life with dozens of versions of Cat clutches over the years, and the Team clutches are just another step up IMO.

2017 Zr 6000 3200 km on team clutches and they are smooth with nice low engagement. Last sled was a firecat and i have to say its an improvement over the cat clutches. 

• 3 weeks later...

Looking @ the 'doo website & I was wondering if they have moved (or taken down) the older model brochure page? I was looking up the dry weights. I ended up finding the page w/ the older owner's manuals.

On 2/22/2018 at 8:14 PM, Big Pussy said:

Where can I find another 2015 XF7000 new in a crate with the good Cat clutches ?

rockland wheels has plenty of 2017 xf 7000 crosstreks for $10k. I picked one up a month ago and have been smiling since. I might trade in for another one at that price lol. And get this they didn't charge me extra for a god damn windshield it actually came with one.

19 minutes ago, flash 800 said:

rockland wheels has plenty of 2017 xf 7000 crosstreks for $10k. I picked one up a month ago and have been smiling since. I might trade in for another one at that price lol. And get this they didn't charge me extra for a god damn windshield it actually came with one.

I'm sure there are lots of 17 -18 's out there. They have the Team clutches though.

4 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

I'm sure there are lots of 17 -18 's out there. They have the Team clutches though.

I guess that cat clutches are good for 1000 miles a season. I had 5000 miles on 14 zr 7000 when the primary spyder was toast. 

Team clutches are far superior then cats every were. That's why they are in them now. The clutches on the 17 i just traded in with 4k miles look and fell as new as the day I bought it and run extremely cool in the 8000. 

Explain what happened to your spyder.   Crack, broken, pucks loose ?  What is toast ?

5 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

Explain what happened to your spyder.   Crack, broken, pucks loose ?  What is toast ?

Broke into a few peices. Team primaries are going 8k easy before needing any service and not eating belts other then on the turbos. Clutching was a huge issue on the 7000s prier to 16. Glad you got it figured out with yours. 

it was my understanding the team clutches were better. I've never had a cat before so I'm not really up to speed on history.

• 1 month later...

Does BRP throw in a new Makita power tool if you buy a Freeride?20180429_190117.thumb.jpg.b702f1462ac7a94bd05bb966968a1dcb.jpg

16 hours ago, revrnd said:

Does BRP throw in a new Makita power tool if you buy a Freeride?20180429_190117.thumb.jpg.b702f1462ac7a94bd05bb966968a1dcb.jpg

I hope so! Makita makes awesome tools and I have a Freeride on order... 

On a serious note, I really didn't care for the colour at first. I have now grown to love it with it being my computer background for over a month. At the show it looked a lot better in person than I thought it would. I love the red BC XRS the most though. 

Archived