2019 Ski-Doo Release Date

Turbo Doo

8 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Not sure but 900 hasn't run right since day we got it. Have to run fuel test again in march on northern trails, now that all codes are gone and it is running properly. 

You shouldn't be comparing it to anything then if it "hasn't run right since the day you got it".

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

150hp for that $ isn't good enough imo - looks like a nice sled - but it's not enough power to make me even look at it for that $.

Wont be long before the aftermarket guys tune that 900turbo up to 200 ponies anyways, probably more. the belt issue will be the big issue though. There must be some way to improve the materials of the belt yet to be realized. Hemp?

1 hour ago, crispy said:

That new Oxygen Helmet looks superb!

that new helmet does look pretty cool

3 hours ago, Crow said:

You shouldn't be comparing it to anything then if it "hasn't run right since the day you got it".

That is true. This sled has been at dealer more times then my etec has, in seven years I have owned it. Dealer and skidoo have been good to continue to cover it under warranty though. No codes in last 350 km's, so it seems to be running good now. Maybe wait a year for turbo bugs to be ironed out. 

That helmet does look cool. Wondering how it works too. No breathbox? Humidity controlled, and the magnetic hookup on the back is different. 

32 minutes ago, Steve F6 said:

That helmet does look cool. Wondering how it works too. No breathbox? Humidity controlled, and the magnetic hookup on the back is different. 

I’d like some more details as well.  Almost looks like the whole inside of the helmet is heated.  Kinda like the way you hear the interior of your car which stops your breath from digging the car up.  If you look at the videos online for it no one is wearing a balaclava in it.  Looks like there is a neck warmer built right into the helmet.  Wonder what the price tag will be.  Given all the toys on it it would be nice if BRP would just build in some communicators.  Then you have the deluxe helmet will all the toys you’ll ever need.  

I must have broken a dozen shields and cords over the years when tired or way back when i was over excited from forgetting to un hook the dang visor cable. This is a nice safety feature for that, plus much easier to use with gloves on. The whole set up is a clever evolution.

One thing is for sure, SkiDoo keeps proving they are thinking forwards

4 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

That is true. This sled has been at dealer more times then my etec has, in seven years I have owned it. Dealer and skidoo have been good to continue to cover it under warranty though. No codes in last 350 km's, so it seems to be running good now. Maybe wait a year for turbo bugs to be ironed out. 

Viper, I feel for you. My '17 Blizzard 900 ACE experience, and every other owner's that I have talked to, has been very good engine performance for a 90 HP sled, coupled with exceptional fuel range. Several fill ups have convinced me that my sled will go 300 km on a full tank, if I ignore the fuel gauge.

On a recent trip I filled up after 250+ km. The 'low' warning light had been on for about 25 km. Even with a heavy burping I could only get 34 L of gas in. I have filled after 200 km several times and only been able to squeeze 30-31L into it. That should make it good for 300+ km, no? In direct comparison to friends' 600 etecs, the etecs usually take an extra litre or more on an average 25 L fill up.

I hope your sled can get sorted out, because I am so pleased with mine that I doubt I will move back to more HP. Just for reference, I don't baby the thing and have seen an indicated 160 KPH on hard packed northern terrain. 

Good Luck.

On 2/19/2018 at 9:29 PM, scottyr said:

I don't think anyone has figured out to reliably get 250+ hp through the clutches.   

The guys I know with Boosted Sidewinders aren't getting much more than 500 miles out of a belt.  

Dual clutch automatic transmission would be the way to go, now fitting it in there would be a honda project.

16 hours ago, Denis007 said:

4 strokes are expensive, more so when you add the turbo ... gotta pay to play ... it'll have power near that of the 850, use 2/3 the gas and no oil ... can't lose.

When you can get a cat turbo as a leftover for 12k, you would have to have rocks in your head to buy a 900 for 18k.

27 minutes ago, zoso said:

When you can get a cat turbo as a leftover for 12k, you would have to have rocks in your head to buy a 900 for 18k.

I like leftovers.... but not leftover pussy (cats) ...

The entire province of Quebec has been screaming for a turbo Doo.... they'll pay anything for one ... among other loyal Doo fans.

7 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

I like leftovers.... but not leftover pussy (cats) ...

The entire province of Quebec has been screaming for a turbo Doo.... they'll pay anything for one ... among other loyal Doo fans.

Ya, they were screaming for a 200hp 1200, not a 150 hp 900.

26 minutes ago, zoso said:

Ya, they were screaming for a 200hp 1200, not a 150 hp 900.

Not everyone needs all that power, or the headaches of getting it to the snow reliably.  150hp on a 4 stroke 900 is plenty torquey for trail riding... if you need a lake burner, mod it up. Probably be a chip out for it before next season anyways. 

There have always been turbo kits for the 1200 for those in need of that rush; OEM don't have to beta test when the aftermarket can do that for them.

11 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Not everyone needs all that power, or the headaches of getting it to the snow reliably.  150hp on a 4 stroke 900 is plenty torquey for trail riding... if you need a lake burner, mod it up. Probably be a chip out for it before next season anyways. 

There have always been turbo kits for the 1200 for those in need of that rush; OEM don't have to beta test when the aftermarket can do that for them.

Mod an 19k sled and toss away warranty, no thanks, add a 56k trbo to a 1200 no thanks. 900 turbo has pretty close power to weright of current 1200, there is really no market for this sled at this aprice, it will not sell.

6 hours ago, zoso said:

Mod an 19k sled and toss away warranty, no thanks, add a 56k trbo to a 1200 no thanks. 900 turbo has pretty close power to weright of current 1200, there is really no market for this sled at this aprice, it will not sell.

The 900 has more power (about 30hp) and less weight (about 15lbs) ... since you're always looking for an argument lately ..... and don't start one with me.

Maybe not for everyone, maybe not for you, certainly not for my budget.  BUT Doo die-hards want one, now they have one.  They'll decide for themselves what they want/need/can afford.

38 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

The 900 has more power (about 30hp) and less weight (about 15lbs) ... since you're always looking for an argument lately ..... and don't start one with me.

Maybe not for everyone, maybe not for you, certainly not for my budget.  BUT Doo die-hards want one, now they have one.  They'll decide for themselves what they want/need/can afford.

Ill probably buy one after next season. Let them have a season on it. Just like i did with the 850. 2000 trouble free kms so far on it this season. :evil2:..

Id rather buy this 900 ace turbo in the G4 chassis then any other turbo turds..

Let the haters hate.. id love to sit and debate this and that, but im off to the northern corridor du nord and quebec..

8 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Ill probably buy one after next season. Let them have a season on it. Just like i did with the 850. 2000 trouble free kms so far on it this season. :evil2:..

Let the haters hate.. id love to sit and debate this and that, but im off to the northern corridor du nord and quebec..

Oh wow 2k km impressive. Hopefully Denis has his brp issues sorted out so he can ride too. :crazy:

40 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

No offense but I thought you would have had that 850 almost worn out by now. Seems like you're always trailering somewhere, lol,maybe my imagination. 

Yes, I am jealous. Have a good trip.

3 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Something tells me that a company the size of BRP does a significant amount of market research about what their customers actually want to see in their products before they go into the development and launch of a new product. Something tells me you are right about there being a market for these Denis.

There are lots of people with lots of money. For those the cost is secondary if the product is what they want. Kind of like the guy that bought a $277,000.00 pontoon boat at the boat show. Not for everybody, both boat and price but there is a market.

2 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

have a great trip....

Archived