2019 Ski-Doo Release Date

Turbo Doo

14 minutes ago, FreezerBurnt said:

what's wrong with 150hp?

Nothing just the 1200 is currently what 130hp? Would hope boosting would give more then that? Guess it could be a conservative number that will climb 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its most likly a 900 with a turbo so weight would be close to a na 1200.I agree 150 hp sounds low ,but would make a great trail sled im guessing .

Indeed another 30 ponies at minimum would have been tres exciting. It does seem odd to basically line the HP up almost identical to the 850 with regards to torque. King two stroke is great, having king four stroke to sell as well as? That would have been my primary goal if I were choosing the set ups. Reliable and huge power would be the primary two goals with the four stroke and SUPER light weight etc etc etc plus big power for the two stroke.

Skidoo wants to keep the 4 stroke guys happy but dont want 850 guys buying 4 strokes.They dont need to compete with yamaha and cat.Skidoo already sells more 4 stroke sleds than anyone else.

1 hour ago, IQ TURBO said:

Just a thought. I like the sounds of the stable having a 2018 900 ace, a 2018 850, and a 2019 turbo????Doo of some form or another. I just need to convince Mrs. Iq turbo. :evil2:.. Not hard..

My wife doesnt sled so i might have to ask for forgiveness 

I don't think anyone has figured out to reliably get 250+ hp through the clutches.   

The guys I know with Boosted Sidewinders aren't getting much more than 500 miles out of a belt.  

The 900 ace turbo in a gen 4 chassis will be a sweet ride :rolleyes:,looks pretty awesome too.

You would think that the 600 carb MXZ Sport would move to the XS chassis. It & the 550F Expedition are the only 2 models left using the XP chassis. It doesn't make any sense to keep that chassis. In this day of lean manufacturing & JIT inventory, they aren't using up leftover parts.

Did anyone notice the pricing?   WTF??   $18849 for a 900ACE Turbo Renegade XRS?   That rules one out for this guy.   

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

Did anyone notice the pricing?   WTF??   $18849 for a 900ACE Turbo Renegade XRS?   That rules one out for this guy.   

4 strokes are expensive, more so when you add the turbo ... gotta pay to play ... it'll have power near that of the 850, use 2/3 the gas and no oil ... can't lose.

1 hour ago, Denis007 said:

4 strokes are expensive, more so when you add the turbo ... gotta pay to play ... it'll have power near that of the 850, use 2/3 the gas and no oil ... can't lose.

bet it will be thirster then 850. So far our 900 fuel economy doesn't even match 600 etec. No way it will beat 850. 

3 hours ago, scottyr said:

Grand touring limited is only 18150 with air suspension and 900 turbo. Heck I paid around 15200 for current 900 se. 

Just wondering if I will need to remove bag and strap on 5 gallons of gas.,

Who in h3ll would buy a turbo and worry about gas mileage? :blink:

10 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Who in h3ll would buy a turbo and worry about gas mileage? :blink:

Touring machine, come on now. Tell insurance company it is an expensive 900. 

Again chicken disease, do not post stuff you have no idea about. Our 850s can and have ran 200kms with between 6 to 8 liters of fuel left. For a 165HP 2 stroke, and some speeds we run, i think that is pretty damn impressive fuel milege.  Like i care about it anyways. We actually ride, and am not worried about 5 dollars of more fuel. And our 900 ace is magnificent on fuel. Your 2 up 900 should not be compared to anything less for fuel milege and weight. ITS A 2 UP...HELLO......

24 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Again chicken disease, do not post stuff you have no idea about. Our 850s can and have ran 200kms with between 6 to 8 liters of fuel left. For a 165HP 2 stroke, and some speeds we run, i think that is pretty damn impressive fuel milege.  Like i care about it anyways. We actually ride, and am not worried about 5 dollars of more fuel. And our 900 ace is magnificent on fuel. Your 2 up 900 should not be compared to anything less for fuel milege and weight. ITS A 2 UP...HELLO......

900 is good on fuel but not as good as a comparable similar mill. Can't compare a 900 to an 850. 900 to an etec 600 is comparable, but still uses 20 percent more fuel. Have new ignition coils now, son need to run another fuel test side by side. Last time I checked 900 was using 6 litres more per 200 km's then etec, on same conditions, same trail, slightly heavier rider. 

11 hours ago, scottyr said:

I don't think anyone has figured out to reliably get 250+ hp through the clutches.   

The guys I know with Boosted Sidewinders aren't getting much more than 500 miles out of a belt.  

No doubt more than simply adding hp is required. See my earlier comments about never enough hp, only not enough machine to support it. Cost and cross platform utility are key to profits and it seems as though the sled world is yet again at a HUGE threshold where the centrifugal drive is causing a road block. This is a recurring problem and a constant one at that. The first manufacturer to "solve" this dilemma will transform the entire recreational vehicle industry

Theres surely more than one way to connect an engine to a drivetrain. Perhaps a fixed cog belt or chain and a shifting dia hard clutch would solve this. No more side load or belt wear.

I have more detailed concepts on solving these brick walls so Im sure the manufacturers do too. Regardless the 900turbo looks to be a great machine, and would have been PERFECTLY timed say around 2006 when the Apex was taking off in a big way.

16 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

900 is good on fuel but not as good as a comparable similar mill. Can't compare a 900 to an 850. 900 to an etec 600 is comparable, but still uses 20 percent more fuel. Have new ignition coils now, son need to run another fuel test side by side. Last time I checked 900 was using 6 litres more per 200 km's then etec, on same conditions, same trail, slightly heavier rider. 

Is your 900 built with the same required emission levels as your 600 was??

10 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Is your 900 built with the same required emission levels as your 600 was??

Not sure but 900 hasn't run right since day we got it. Have to run fuel test again in march on northern trails, now that all codes are gone and it is running properly. 

Archived