Month old Yamaha bent tunnel!?

IndyIan

which new models are totally Yamaha? I was thinking of the Viper, Sidewinder , SRVenture and the new SRX 120 youth....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apex (spring order only for '18) and Vector are are still Japanese builds. 

19 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Apex (spring order only for '18) and Vector are are still Japanese builds. 

those are not new models. They have been out a long, long, long time!

57 minutes ago, barberch said:

which new models are totally Yamaha? I was thinking of the Viper, Sidewinder , SRVenture and the new SRX 120 youth....

Not the Viper or Sidewinder.

Maybe not new models, but still current (as of '18)

44 minutes ago, thetorches said:

Not the Viper or Sidewinder.

correct. None of the new models that have come out have been made by Yamaha

Seems odd to flat out deny you any support. I too would like to see pics of the damage

I often wonder about two tier warranty support. Offer replacement parts on exchange for inspection but no labour type deal. Think pump rub and GM 4x4 and so on. Warranty is becoming a waste of paper

What was that I was talking about a week or so ago, death by a thousand paper cuts or something or another

13 minutes ago, crispy said:

Seems odd to flat out deny you any support. I too would like to see pics of the damage

I often wonder about two tier warranty support. Offer replacement parts on exchange for inspection but no labour type deal. Think pump rub and GM 4x4 and so on. Warranty is becoming a waste of paper

What was that I was talking about a week or so ago, death by a thousand paper cuts or something or another

I no longer buy extended warranties on anything. Too many exclusions. 

The latest CAT Procross/Proclimb chassis I recall had bending issues at the rear when they first came out, it was resolved and have not heard of the issue again.

Considering how rare this is, unless you actually caused the bend by a hit to something, I am not surprised these claims are first denied, until the issue is further pressed and investigated, which than turns into possibly a new decision based on the case.

Just sucks to  happen as I am sure it is a long process when & if it happens to validate the bend as user abuse or a manufacturing/product defect.

Good luck with your issue and I hope it turns out for the best! 

Hope they step up

But this is really a Cat sled with a Yamaha engine, must be other Cats with same issue

Did they change the tunnel supports for 2018? I know a few 10,000km Yamaha/Cats never heard of this issue

Any ZR 9000s/Thundercats reporting same issue?

On 2/14/2018 at 9:58 PM, zoso said:

When was this, 1972. Yamaha warranty on their sleds has been terrible for many years. They blame the customer for every single failure any of their sleds has. The only way they will own this issue is if they are forced to by a court. Cat might have helped, but even that is a long shot. The very nature of the usage of a sled will give them an easy out.

A friend had a '94 Vmax 600 & couldn't beat my '95 440 on a lake the season I bought it. He took it to the dealer & turned out the secondary bushings were worn out & it wouldn't shift out. They wouldn't cover them. I would've been p!@#$d to say the least.

42 minutes ago, revrnd said:

A friend had a '94 Vmax 600 & couldn't beat my '95 440 on a lake the season I bought it. He took it to the dealer & turned out the secondary bushings were worn out & it wouldn't shift out. They wouldn't cover them. I would've been p!@#$d to say the least.

...and they will deny that same claim today

Still waiting to hear an update from the dealer and yamaha customer care... I have a list of questions and concerns to bring forward when the time comes. Spoke to a fellow owner across the border dealing with the identical issue.

1 hour ago, IndyIan said:

Still waiting to hear an update from the dealer and yamaha customer care... I have a list of questions and concerns to bring forward when the time comes. Spoke to a fellow owner across the border dealing with the identical issue.

Frustrating when you're waiting for a response. You're between a rock and a hard place. You want an answer but if you push too much they may just deny it. Having said that they should be able to at least contact you with an update within 2 weeks IMHO.

i agree, this is not the norm...i would take action...blaaa blaaaa    you should not be having this problem.period...don't care what there response is....this is not the norm...you simply have one of the not up to spec ,per articc at tunnels,,you should not be a guinie pig for this failure..push push push.to much money for there avertized hipe durrability..no EXCUSE...

19 hours ago, blackjack1 said:

i agree, this is not the norm...i would take action...blaaa blaaaa    you should not be having this problem.period...don't care what there response is....this is not the norm...you simply have one of the not up to spec ,per articc at tunnels,,you should not be a guinie pig for this failure..push push push.to much money for there avertized hipe durrability..no EXCUSE...

No way I would sit and wait while the snow melts. I would sue for depreciation as well as the cost to repair. A lawyer will force them to hear you, otherwise they will kick the can down the road in hopes you just go away. If this were a car, which you can buy new for less money, and the frame bent while using in normal conditions, would you accept this crap?

On 2018-02-22 at 6:32 PM, zoso said:

You have been denied, I would pay a lawyer to send a letter of intent to litigate. 

Which would be thrown directly into the trash bin, issue a statement of claim, letter of intent does nothing.

6 hours ago, zoso said:

No way I would sit and wait while the snow melts. I would sue for depreciation as well as the cost to repair. A lawyer will force them to hear you, otherwise they will kick the can down the road in hopes you just go away. If this were a car, which you can buy new for less money, and the frame bent while using in normal conditions, would you accept this crap?

Not sure why everyone thinks a letter from a lawyer will do anything, they will ignore it just the same 

Archived