Broke down in Dubreuiville. ...thanks to MAGPIE RELAY hotel

Paramuir

Ok so abit of a long story.

Was doing a couple night trip this past weekend from Sault.  Left Saturday went up to Wawa.

Sunday we were day tripping.  Was headed for Doubreville for lunch and broke down on the D trail. Was a drive issue and did not have a crazy carpet. So left my sled on the trail  ended up being 22 miles from Dubreuilville.

Got into town and was directed to Magpie hotel.  The manager there Pat jumped right in to help us.  Ended up selling me his kids new toboggan in order to help me get my sled out of the woods.  After a very long tow back into town we arrived back with my broken sled. As we pulled in the hotel manager was just gearing up to come look for us on his sled.

They then hooked us up with a good rate on a room since we weren't leaving town now.  They also helped arrange a truck and trailer for the am to drive us and our sleds back to the sault to my truck and trailer.

It was so nice to have so much help from people you don't know.  The owners are sledders so totally understand and want to help.   

Sucks our trip was cut short but could have been alot worse.

So thank you very much to Mapie Relay hotel and please if you are heading that way check them out.  Great rooms and amazing owners who will help you out of a bind.

Glad it all worked out for you Chad. I have another friend stranded at the motel right now. 2 from his group broke down.

Younger Pat is a great guy. Stayed there three years ago, when they first opened. It is a nice place to stay with large rooms for all your gear. They were always very friendly. Never broke down on a sled in 20 years I have been riding, but I do go thru sled like Crazy in off season. I have been extremely lucky it seems. 

Archived