Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
revrnd

Bridges and Sleds

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, manotickmike said:

Got a few, including one Hydro goes ape on if you post it. I say, with what they are doing to Ontario...

Anyhoo, a one of a kind 5 span stone bridge. Site of a bunch of memories for me, going back to the early 60s.

 

The Pakenham Bridge is a stone bridge with five arches that crosses the Mississippi River at the town of Pakenham within Mississippi Mills, Ontario, Canada. The bridge measures 268 feet (82 m) long, 22 feet (6.7 m) high, and 25 feet (7.6 m) wide. It is the only one of this type in North America.[1]

The bridge was built in 1903 by O'Toole & Keating, Scottish masons from Ottawa, for a cost of $14,500. The stones, the largest of which weighs 5 tons, came from a local quarry.

 

.P_20160218_170704.jpg

I crossed this one this morning...........in the car. See it several times a week.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Onaping Bridge - Cartier Moose Loop - C111D -

 

5a89e21cd04a3_onapingbridge.thumb.JPG.d1ebf210ae8756061bef2c5e90d00ad4.JPG

 

....trail and bridge seemed to be signed okay.......

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2018 at 1:52 PM, Running Wild said:

Check out this link to You Tube 'Death Bridge' over the Wahnapitae River for a few videos. More videos if you search around of a guy on a dirt bike doing a wheelie across it!!!!  https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=snowmobile+bridge+of+death

RW

Is this bridge on the OFSC trails? I can't seem to find it on Google maps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, grover_yyz said:

Is this bridge on the OFSC trails? I can't seem to find it on Google maps

 I dont think so. Those in the know use it as a short cut.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_2369.JPG

IMG_2367.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_2368.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smokeater466 said:

IMG_2368.JPG

Was that taken today? Is that frazzle ice on the surface or just the current?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remembered another one from my archives....St John river bridge, Grand Falls, trail 12, New Brunswick...one lane....

 

5a8aa568dc6ae_nbbridge.thumb.JPG.7ec1d6f6039b993229b4fc7528917cfe.JPG

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice covered wooden bridge in Quebec just north of mont tremblant.  In rough shape. Have to ride through for trail.

IMG_0876.JPG

Edited by snowman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, revrnd said:

Was that taken today? Is that frazzle ice on the surface or just the current?

That was taken last week on Wednesday. little bit of ice being carried by the current.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stobie Dam bridge,crossing Vermillion River on Top D between Chelmsford and Windy Lake

image.png.453695e0de259733020c2153fd5bacff.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2018 at 6:15 PM, manotickmike said:

Got a few, including one Hydro goes ape on if you post it. I say, with what they are doing to Ontario...

Anyhoo, a one of a kind 5 span stone bridge. Site of a bunch of memories for me, going back to the early 60s.

 

The Pakenham Bridge is a stone bridge with five arches that crosses the Mississippi River at the town of Pakenham within Mississippi Mills, Ontario, Canada. The bridge measures 268 feet (82 m) long, 22 feet (6.7 m) high, and 25 feet (7.6 m) wide. It is the only one of this type in North America.[1]

The bridge was built in 1903 by O'Toole & Keating, Scottish masons from Ottawa, for a cost of $14,500. The stones, the largest of which weighs 5 tons, came from a local quarry.

 

.P_20160218_170704.jpg

Sounds a bit unlikely that these guys were from Scotland with names like O’Toole and Keating:D

Edited by coolbane
error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×