Bergstom ski savers

GrizzlyGriff

I just purchased Bergsrom triple point carbides.  You can get them in Canada now from a distributor in Little Britain near Lindsay.  They came with ski savers, a flat piece of plastic that goes between the carbides and ski keel.  Seems like a good idea to protect skis from our crappy conditions at times and to reduce darting.  It looks like they would make the skis bite a bit less and push more.  I don't want more push and wondering if anyone has experience with these and can comment.  Thanks

I just switched my shitty Tuner skis over to Cat skis and added a shim plus the Bergstroms. 

Night and Day difference.  You can actually steer the Winder now!!!

I need these ! My Rev is constantly hunting for ruts !

Please tell me the dealer name- I'm close to L.B. 

I had them on my old 02 viper. Darting was brutal before I installed them. They worked great. It's two brothers. I think one is a dentist in Peterborough. I think I paid $210.00 two years ago. They were playing slo-pictch in Oshawa. I met them at the baseball diamond in Oshawa. Had there card, but can't find it right now.

the ski savers add another 2 right angles to the bottom of the ski via the plastic protector between the carbide and the ski. when the trails are not icy (read: softer snow), they dig in offering more corner grip. on the flip side, this can add some steering pressure when the snow is REALLY MUSHY. when the trail is rock hard, you have your carbide for turning. when riding over dirt, sand, road crossings, the ski saver protects the keel of the ski, the carbide is on its own.

Ski

Clark Wilson. 905 809 1390. Great guy and ambassador for Bergstrom 

I bought a used sled with triple point and ski savers.   Unfortunately the triples points are dull and useless. 

Any tricks to bring them back to life? There is so much carbide still there.. but if not sharp it is basically garbage as they don't bite at all. 

I put the stock 4" back on .. with ski savers.. and they are head and shoulders better than dull triple points. 

Triple point design is for the center of the triple to wear first and then ride on the two outside edges.  Bite Harder make a carbide sharpening wheel. Not sure what would have dulled all the carbide?  I have over 4000 miles on mine and they still steer fine at gas stations on bare pavement.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:41 AM, GrizzlyGriff said:

I just purchased Bergsrom triple point carbides.  You can get them in Canada now from a distributor in Little Britain near Lindsay.  They came with ski savers, a flat piece of plastic that goes between the carbides and ski keel.  Seems like a good idea to protect skis from our crappy conditions at times and to reduce darting.  It looks like they would make the skis bite a bit less and push more.  I don't want more push and wondering if anyone has experience with these and can comment.  Thanks

They are very popular amongst the Arctic Cat crowd on arcticchat.com.  I'll be putting them on my ZR along with the Bergstrom Trail Grabbers as an alternative to Studs.

I have been running the Bergstrom Triple points (8") and ski savers on my 08 Vector for more than a few years now and love them! I am also running Curve skis and the combo has been great. I purchased mine through Bergstrom himself at TY 4stroke but I am glad to hear they are now available in Ontario.

22 hours ago, WEFusion900 said:

Triple point design is for the center of the triple to wear first and then ride on the two outside edges.  Bite Harder make a carbide sharpening wheel. Not sure what would have dulled all the carbide?  I have over 4000 miles on mine and they still steer fine at gas stations on bare pavement.

Ya.. I can't c how I could sharpen the middle point. The two side points are OK.. but the middle is flat.. and  does not steer at all on hard packed snow roads, let alone pavement. 

Would take a very small diamond tool to fit between the point to sharpen them. 

I do like the Bite Harder idea.. but can't c how to apply it to triple points. 

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:41 AM, GrizzlyGriff said:

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:34 PM, GrizzlyGriff said:

Clark Wilson. 905 809 1390. Great guy and ambassador for Bergstrom 

3 hours ago, largedaryl said:

Ya.. I can't c how I could sharpen the middle point. The two side points are OK.. but the middle is flat.. and  does not steer at all on hard packed snow roads, let alone pavement. 

Would take a very small diamond tool to fit between the point to sharpen them. 

I do like the Bite Harder idea.. but can't c how to apply it to triple points. 

I would contact them and see what they can do for you? It is odd yours are worn the way they are

Bergstrom say grind down the canter carbide to make it lower than the outside ones.

My winder is a dream now.  6.9's as per Rocker Dan with bergstroms and ski savers.   railed today and no sign of a dart.   not one

On 2018-02-13 at 3:37 PM, thetorches said:

I had them on my old 02 viper. Darting was brutal before I installed them. They worked great. It's two brothers. I think one is a dentist in Peterborough. I think I paid $210.00 two years ago. They were playing slo-pictch in Oshawa. I met them at the baseball diamond in Oshawa. Had there card, but can't find it right now.

Strange vipers were a great handling sled out of the box, just ride quality sucked. It was like a mini go kart, always stuck and railed around corners. One of best handling sleds I ever owned. 

9 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Strange vipers were a great handling sled out of the box, just ride quality sucked. It was like a mini go kart, always stuck and railed around corners. One of best handling sleds I ever owned. 

You do realize that was 16 years ago, right?

11 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

You do realize that was 16 years ago, right?

Yes I do, not bashing today's yamaha's at all. If anything I would consider one again for power steering feature, since ride is much better with cat suspension. 

Yamacats don’t have power steering. Just the Apex

9 minutes ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

Yamacats don’t have power steering. Just the Apex

And Vector

Archived