Beaverton -> Orillia -> Barrie via the Lake

Popeye

The other day we rode up from Georgina island to almost Lagoon City, was wondering if it is safe to ride across to the other side of Orillia to pick up the B112B.

Yes. One big crack on cooch is well marked. I went from Innisfil to Cumberland beach yesterday. Best part of the day was the lakes... :crazy:

thanks for the info.

So we are cruising along towards Lagoon city last afternoon hugging the edge and all of a sudden sled just looses all power and stops. We are say 1/2km out off shore and in a foot of snow. i tell myself it has to be the battery as there is no power, as nothing turns 'ON'. After a few mins of checking/meddling with the battery terminals, i start to go thru all the fuses one by one. all of them are good! WT#, now what. I try again to start and it purrs to life. that feeling of 'relief' is like no other. So we take the hint, call it a day and turn back, got home all good. checked everything again and came to the conclusion that a fuse was loose, and in my 'remove/replace' process it got seated back.

lesson learnt, added some spare fuses into the tool bag + a copy of the 'Oh crap, i need help' list.

1 hour ago, Popeye said:

thanks for the info.

So we are cruising along towards Lagoon city last afternoon hugging the edge and all of a sudden sled just looses all power and stops. We are say 1/2km out off shore and in a foot of snow. i tell myself it has to be the battery as there is no power, as nothing turns 'ON'. After a few mins of checking/meddling with the battery terminals, i start to go thru all the fuses one by one. all of them are good! WT#, now what. I try again to start and it purrs to life. that feeling of 'relief' is like no other. So we take the hint, call it a day and turn back, got home all good. checked everything again and came to the conclusion that a fuse was loose, and in my 'remove/replace' process it got seated back.

lesson learnt, added some spare fuses into the tool bag + a copy of the 'Oh crap, i need help' list.

Hmm... have to mention this to one of my riding buddies. We were out on Sunday and I was in the lead with him behind me and the other two behind him. I can't see him in my mirrors anymore so I stop, wait a moment and still no sign so I start to turn around. I am just finishing getting the sled turned around on a relatively narrow trail and here they come. He rides an older Polaris and apparently it just suddenly stopped as if someone had hit the kill switch. He checked the battery connections and they were solid on a battery he replaced last season. Tried to start it and it fired right up. I'll suggest he take a look at all his fuses if hasn't already.

Glad it started for him though. It would have been a very long tow back especially with the freezing rain and having to stop every few minutes and scrape ice off the visors.

Archived