Belly Pan for 1991 Polaris Indy Lite - Looking For

Bryan XC700

Well it happened sooner than I wanted & really not by any fault of his own, just circumstance & not enough experience yet to know better, but my son had a small accident with his Indy Lite that I got him this year for his birthday (he's okay just scared him a bit & bruised his pride)! So I'm discovering that parts for these machines are few & far between, I'm hoping with any luck someone on here may have a parts sled that they are looking to get rid of. The belly pan & front bumper took the worst of it & the hood has a couple of small cracks but not bad all things considered! 

Also from what I've gathered is that the sleds are basically the same from 1991 - 2002 so any of these year sleds will work. 

Can't rivet another piece of metal over hole or crack? Then install a plastic skid plate? 

Try Snow Line Sports in Thorndale just outside of London.  He is a wrecker and a a repair shop and has a ton of parts for old sleds.

2 hours ago, sunderland17 said:

Try Snow Line Sports in Thorndale just outside of London.  He is a wrecker and a a repair shop and has a ton of parts for old sleds.

I've sent email to them, Bent Toys, Mikeys in Timmins and even a place is Saskatchewan, I'm still waiting for a response. 

2 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Can't rivet another piece of metal over hole or crack? Then install a plastic skid plate? 

I've done that for the time being so that my boy can ride this weekend since we're heading up north. A friend who's an impressive fabricator helped me out with it so that my son's year isn't ruined. That being said the pan is busted up pretty good & I'll have to try to find a pan protector that will fit that chassis, which won't be the easiest I assume. 

10 hours ago, Bryan XC700 said:

I've done that for the time being so that my boy can ride this weekend since we're heading up north. A friend who's an impressive fabricator helped me out with it so that my son's year isn't ruined. That being said the pan is busted up pretty good & I'll have to try to find a pan protector that will fit that chassis, which won't be the easiest I assume. 

Lots of skids plates sold for those sleds. I had one on my 1994 xcr and it saved a similar issue, when I hit a big rock in middle of trail. Those sleds were so low, it is pretty much mandatory. 

I have a blue one here that was for a 95 Indy 440 Sport and I no longer have the sled. You are welcome to it if you think it will fit

10 hours ago, rolly608 said:

I have a blue one here that was for a 95 Indy 440 Sport and I no longer have the sled. You are welcome to it if you think it will fit

Thanks for the offer but it won't fit. The Indy Lite chassis is smaller than the standard Indy Chassis of the 90's, that's why the parts are so hard to come by. 

Your going to have to make something work. The odds of locating an indy lite protector are going to be slim to impossible. Also think their bellypan was a cheaper thermoplastic. They seem to crack easy. Where a standard indy pan would just deform but not crack

2 hours ago, Bryan XC700 said:

Thanks for the offer but it won't fit. The Indy Lite chassis is smaller than the standard Indy Chassis of the 90's, that's why the parts are so hard to come by. 

I figured as much. It is here if you think you can make it work. Just let me know...Good luck finding one

3 hours ago, gibson said:

Your going to have to make something work. The odds of locating an indy lite protector are going to be slim to impossible. Also think their bellypan was a cheaper thermoplastic. They seem to crack easy. Where a standard indy pan would just deform but not crack

Yes that's the way it's looking for the time being. But I've got it pieced back together for now so that the boy can still ride & will spend the off season trying to come with a more permanent solution. 

On 2018-02-15 at 12:51 PM, Bryan XC700 said:

Yes that's the way it's looking for the time being. But I've got it pieced back together for now so that the boy can still ride & will spend the off season trying to come with a more permanent solution. 

Glad he is back out on his sled. My first sled was a 1978 Polaris 250, it had a steel belly fan and fibreglass good. I had so many cracks in that hood, I had duct tape holding it together. I went rubber side up on that sled a few times, jumping drifts. Kind of wish I kept it now.  

I have a spare/used, in less than stellar shape, front bumper that will fit a 95 Indy lite your welcome to have. When I was rebuilding my son's 95 Indy Lite, I Googled it and found forums and the like. Those were a huge help finding parts as I was able to find a local guy who turned out to be a big help.

Good luck.

HPIM0325 (Large).JPG

HPIM0333 (Large).JPG

HPIM0385 (Medium).JPG

HPIM0475 (Medium).JPG

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:12 PM, snowchopper said:

Indy salvage in Parry sound.http://www.indysnowmobilesalvage.com/   Try the Link...

iss.png

I've called multiple times & emailed them as well & I am yet to receive and email or a phone call back from them!!!!!!!!!

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:51 PM, Irv said:

I have a spare/used, in less than stellar shape, front bumper that will fit a 95 Indy lite your welcome to have. When I was rebuilding my son's 95 Indy Lite, I Googled it and found forums and the like. Those were a huge help finding parts as I was able to find a local guy who turned out to be a big help.

Good luck.

HPIM0325 (Large).JPG

HPIM0333 (Large).JPG

HPIM0385 (Medium).JPG

HPIM0475 (Medium).JPG

Thanks for the offer but I was able to order a front bumper for it. I'll be keeping my eyes open for parts sleds going forward. Unfortunately with Mother Nature I think our season is done!

1 hour ago, Bryan XC700 said:

Thanks for the offer but I was able to order a front bumper for it. I'll be keeping my eyes open for parts sleds going forward. Unfortunately with Mother Nature I think our season is done!

No problem. Just keep looking and I'm sure you will find everything you need eventually. Quite a few currently, plus parts, on Kijiji which should only increase in the next couple weeks to a month once people have completely given up on the season.

https://www.kijiji.ca/b-ontario/indy-340/k0l9004

11 hours ago, Poo Man said:

Try jt's in New Lowell. Guy can be a prick but has inventory!

Sent an email there as well & haven't received any back yet. I sent emails/called Indy Salvage, Snowline, Bent Toys, JT's, Rickwards in Kearney & even a place in Saskatchewan!!! And they only place who bothered to return an email was the place in Saskatchewan!!! 

On 2018-02-28 at 10:38 AM, Bryan XC700 said:

Sent an email there as well & haven't received any back yet. I sent emails/called Indy Salvage, Snowline, Bent Toys, JT's, Rickwards in Kearney & even a place in Saskatchewan!!! And they only place who bothered to return an email was the place in Saskatchewan!!! 

That is extremely rude and frustrating. I wonder how they survive, maybe eBay everything and just ship it out? 

Frustrating doesn't even cover it!! Especially with Indy Salvage!! I actually spoke to someone who took my name & number not once but twice the week before family day weekend & still am yet to get a call back. I was going to be in that area for family day so if they had the parts I could've picked them up that weekend..........but as it sits now still haven't heard anything!!!!

Archived