North Adventure Inn

SlowTouringGuy

21 hours ago, sledjunk said:

I 'might' give them a chance, but there would have to be multiple great reports before I do.

From people you're familiar w/ too....

10 hours ago, Polaris1 said:

Come on, give a comment. Stayed there a couple weeks ago,had a great time drinking beer in the parking lot with fellow sledders. Room was cheap and clean.Not modern,for sure. The Thriftlodge,that is.

After our New Year's fiasco from a couple of years ago I would never stay there after there no matter who owns it, I  even have a hard time believing it is even new ownership, new management sure I can see that, the place is in dire need of a major redo and I cant see anyone spending that kind of money to bring it back to the way it was when it first opened and John was running it.  There was rumbling this winter from there that if they didn't see more business from the sledders that the trail would be potentially closed going through the property. 

never been anywhere up there, just saw the posting and wanted to share it.

the google reviews are all over the map which is weird IMO

heard it was quite the popular spot in the 90s

1 hour ago, Sledguy74 said:

heard it was quite the popular spot in the 90s

It was 'the go to' place in Cochrane.

First time we stayed there, it was nestled in a nice forest and we had no idea it was close to the highway. The hot tub was outside - no roof. Sitting in it at minus 20 and snowing was an experience.

Once the trees were cut down, it became just another motel by the side of the highway.

4 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

First time we stayed there, it was nestled in a nice forest and we had no idea it was close to the highway. The hot tub was outside - no roof. Sitting in it at minus 20 and snowing was an experience.

Once the trees were cut down, it became just another motel by the side of the highway.

Firewood running low so they had to cut down the trees in the front yard?

50 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Well, I heard it was cut down for money..:whatever:

That's what I heard too. Short on cash? Sell your timber. Then was supposed to put in a par 3 golf course.....another Northern Dreamer.

1 hour ago, Claire Voyant said:

That's what I heard too. Short on cash? Sell your timber. Then was supposed to put in a par 3 golf course.....another Northern Dreamer.

What would've that taken, 45 minutes w/ a buncher? LOL

I saw on the outskirts of Hearst years ago what 1 can do in an hour or so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

What would've that taken, 45 minutes w/ a buncher? LOL

I saw on the outskirts of Hearst years ago what 1 can do in an hour or so.

Exactly. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

didn't know a roof was required!!!

had some good times there in the past for sure, have not been back in at least three years since the joker behind the desk double booked us, drove 6.5 hrs to find out we had no room ,he was rude dirty and didnt give a f^%#$k, stayed at westway ever since, will take a lot of good reviews for this guy to go back 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone viewed their latest Facebook videos? It appears they are catering to certain type of rider....

I guess they need to do something, we drove past there a couple of times this weekend and only saw a couple trucks and trailers in the parking lot.

On 3/16/2019 at 7:16 PM, IQ TURBO said:

The cutting down the wood for money, was from a damn good source in Cochrane...

A few used to say that if someone was cutting down trees in their yard during the winter, that times must be tough.

Kind of like burning the furniture to heat the house.

A couple up the highway have gone thru her inheritance. Clear cut the property across from the house (E107 reroute went thru it for a couple of seasons). Now they've cut down 2 maples beside the house.

Her father would be rolling over in his grave if he knew how the property has gone downhill... :-(