IDIOTS ON TRAIL

thetorches

10 minutes ago, zoso said:

They most likely drive on the road in their car or truck in the same way. Today it was funny. On the 401 taking my kid to work, pass a truck, guy in BMW tailgaiting, snow and ice covered road, before I could move back to the right the guy passes me on the right then cuts me off. Five minutes down the road, the douche is in the ditch. I honked and waved as I drove on by.

PERFECT!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

If your sled is darting find out on Totally Yamaha what it will take to fix/improve the issue. ?It could be as simple as replacing the carbides with a set of Duelers. You will be so much more at ease when the sled isn't darting.

It's fine on hardpack flat trails runs straight as an arrow, it's when it's in powder and bumps it moves around abit.   Nothing I can't handle as skid was totally rebuilt with all new bushings, bearings, arms and shocks.  I run shaper bars for runners and through the twisties love it.  I've thought about trying some duel runners but can't bring myself to it.    Right now there is a hardpacked fresh groomed trail calling my SRX.  THanks for the advice it is appreciated.  

Allowed a 2 snow cross champions past on a just groomed trail yesterday . Those 2 frigers roosted every hill and trenched every corner exit for five miles . Was not a great base on this particularly tight trail and they managed to waste a lot of club effort. Only positive was it gave my son an excellent example of how not to ride .

1 hour ago, SRXChris said:

It's fine on hardpack flat trails runs straight as an arrow, it's when it's in powder and bumps it moves around abit.   Nothing I can't handle as skid was totally rebuilt with all new bushings, bearings, arms and shocks.  I run shaper bars for runners and through the twisties love it.  I've thought about trying some duel runners but can't bring myself to it.    Right now there is a hardpacked fresh groomed trail calling my SRX.  THanks for the advice it is appreciated.  

Y'ah that doesn't sound like the same darting issue I used to run into before changing to the Duelers. Mine would dart around on the straightaways and on hardpack.

Soo many idiots. Myself and a buddy are constantly dodging retards. He is new to riding trails this year and he asked me why are you creeping through the corners and hills. I said you will see why. Within a hour and 3 near misses he was in awe. We are always respectful on the trails just a note we are clown suit , backpack, shovel wearing, permit buying boondock riders going to "private" areas with permission. STOP JUDGING I've seen many older folks on couches drink back 6 beer before leaving a restaurant. 

Just saying

Slow down move over.

10 hours ago, zoso said:

They most likely drive on the road in their car or truck in the same way. Today it was funny. On the 401 taking my kid to work, pass a truck, guy in BMW tailgaiting, snow and ice covered road, before I could move back to the right the guy passes me on the right then cuts me off. Five minutes down the road, the douche is in the ditch. I honked and waved as I drove on by.

That is funny, with my luck he would of spun out in front of me and I would have then hit him and it would be my fault. 

27 minutes ago, Jones204 said:

Soo many idiots. Myself and a buddy are constantly dodging retards. He is new to riding trails this year and he asked me why are you creeping through the corners and hills. I said you will see why. Within a hour and 3 near misses he was in awe. We are always respectful on the trails just a note we are clown suit , backpack, shovel wearing, permit buying boondock riders going to "private" areas with permission. STOP JUDGING I've seen many older folks on couches drink back 6 beer before leaving a restaurant. 

Just saying

Slow down move over.

X2. I seen some younger respectful riders like yourself. I see some guys too drinking beer like you said, on side of trail in bush and then when I come back later in day, there is a pile of cans. Usually I will pick them up and take them home. I carry s garbage with me now and always have my skidoo bag with me. 

2 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

That is funny, with my luck he would of spun out in front of me and I would have then hit him and it would be my fault. 

I really had to laugh,  especially seeing he was not hurt. He was exiting the car as we passed by. people just do not get it, you cannot defy physics.

Certain Pseudo- sportscars have the defy (or at least be so isolated from the road that physics isn't even a passing thought) option.

The last time I was towing and got passed (and honked at...) by an idiot in an AWD "sports" car and later saw him in a ditch, I stopped, got out, pointed and laughed, and mimed taking a pic with my phone while he swore at me, and made threats. 

I still have to supress a giggle when I remember this, lest someone think I'm losing it.

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Y'ah that doesn't sound like the same darting issue I used to run into before changing to the Duelers. Mine would dart around on the straightaways and on hardpack.

I also run no studs, just a pre studded ice attack track.  Today was beautiful, first sled on a trail is the best. 

13 hours ago, zoso said:

Saw that years ago as a kid on the 401 in the 70s. A Camaro went flying by in an April snowstorm up around Morningside. Just past Whites Rd it was in the ditch.

3 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

I was afraid of the same thing when the idgit kid spun his truck out in front of me in Dec'. Luckily he cleared the lane & I didn't T bone him. He barrelled rolled it twice & wrote it off.

21 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

Certain Pseudo- sportscars have the defy (or at least be so isolated from the road that physics isn't even a passing thought) option.

The last time I was towing and got passed (and honked at...) by an idiot in an AWD "sports" car and later saw him in a ditch, I stopped, got out, pointed and laughed, and mimed taking a pic with my phone while he swore at me, and made threats. 

I still have to supress a giggle when I remember this, lest someone think I'm losing it.

Is it any wonder?

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/AcQA/2017-nissan-rogue-against-the-snowmen

Idgits see this nonsense & any common sense they had goes out the window when they drive during the winter.

Going out in the back 40 to bomb around on the skandic .safer out there all the clowns are on D trail in the skokes today 

CT gas bar was a cluster with all the jokers there attempting to get gas . I like the hammering on the gas and grinding off their studs on the concrete .lmao 

I met a few guys yesterday at hawk lake that had came over from muskoka river and said they saw roughly 150 sleds before they left town.  They said it was nuts.  Once they came into baysville and headed towards the b they said it was amazing.

Saturday afternoon on D101B, just south 65, I stopped to help out a group that had a new Sidewinder impaled in the side bank, under tree roots and mud. Very easy to see that the machine was moving at a much higher rate of speed than warranted...saw plenty of this over the weekend

So here we are on Georgian Bay going from Honey Harbour to Midland. The practice is to follow the stake line and keep the stakes to your left just like the centre line on the road. There are about 8 sleds coming at us on the wrong side of the stake line. We start to move right and they move left staying in front of us. Finally they clue in and move to their right. When they get up to us they start signalling the number of sleds following and last sled in line. We are on Georgian Bay. No trees, no obstructions, you can see for miles in all directions and see all their sleds as well as way beyond but they need to tell us how many there are.

I was following a yamaha apex yesterday and when we all stopped for a road crossing the ahole pinned his sled and dug into the road shooting gravel and dirt all over his buddys sled .lucky i was not directly behind him or i would have been even more pissed .i can believe how some people treat the trails and even there own stuff.worst part was im with my 19 year old nephew, teaching him how to respect snowmobiling and the trail system. 

∆∆∆∆

See this all the time. Base is so thin that it is basically nonexistent, yet so many people just can't resist to show you just how much power their sled has. I know that I'm always impressed....... not. 

We were checking out a map board on Saturday on a new railbed that desperately needs snow. Dude comes up to intersection, makes a right turn and pins it. Heavy chunks of slag from the railbed are flying like old lugnuts from a Nascar pitstop. Moron.

Anyone want to put money on the demographic of the culprits.

On 2018-02-11 at 2:02 PM, Muskoka Man said:

Going out in the back 40 to bomb around on the skandic .safer out there all the clowns are on D trail in the skokes today 

CT gas bar was a cluster with all the jokers there attempting to get gas . I like the hammering on the gas and grinding off their studs on the concrete .lmao 

You should have came to the east side. Groomed minty saturday night. Perfect sunday morning.  We left port went towards baysville and took the d101b up to kearney. Nice trails and very little traffic. The freezing drizzle was aweful for an hour before it turned back to snow. I bet it was a rodeo on the D. 

9 minutes ago, Steve F6 said:

You should have came to the east side. Groomed minty saturday night. Perfect sunday morning.  We left port went towards baysville and took the d101b up to kearney. Nice trails and very little traffic. The freezing drizzle was aweful for an hour before it turned back to snow. I bet it was a rodeo on the D. 

Nice to hear, we are leaving port Sydney tomorrow morn and doing that same trail up to edge water for lunch ,we try to ride through the week to avoid the crazy’s 

5 hours ago, Crow said:

∆∆∆∆

See this all the time. Base is so thin that it is basically nonexistent, yet so many people just can't resist to show you just how much power their sled has. I know that I'm always impressed....... not. 

We were checking out a map board on Saturday on a new railbed that desperately needs snow. Dude comes up to intersection, makes a right turn and pins it. Heavy chunks of slag from the railbed are flying like old lugnuts from a Nascar pitstop. Moron.

And they idgits wonder why their tracks don't last...

Archived