WILL O.F.S.C. open their fat wallet

RIVERMAN

6 hours ago, snowman said:

Looks like many of the 'cheap whiners' may reside on this forum.....getting tired of the doom and gloom attitude.  Get on your sled and ride the damn thing....:argue:

The folks on this forum are the ones that help the clubs, care about the trail system and would be willing to pay what it costs to run it. I highly doubt any person that resides on this forum would balk at 250 for a permit.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, zoso said:

The folks on this forum are the ones that help the clubs, care about the trail system and would be willing to pay what it costs to run it. I highly doubt any person that resides on this forum would balk at 250 for a permit.

250 is cheap if you get 6 to 8 weeks of good open trails. No one would complain about the price of permit. So far this winter had only one good ride from home. One more bad winter in south and I might pack it in. Just no fun having snowmobiles when I have, no friends or family that has them anymore. My local trail access is gone, so trailering to trail head is another headache. If winters would improve, more people would jump in and volunteer, no doubt. 

36 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

250 is cheap if you get 6 to 8 weeks of good open trails. No one would complain about the price of permit. So far this winter had only one good ride from home. One more bad winter in south and I might pack it in. Just no fun having snowmobiles when I have, no friends or family that has them anymore. My local trail access is gone, so trailering to trail head is another headache. If winters would improve, more people would jump in and volunteer, no doubt. 

Well go ride now, pretty much the entire trail system is open.Capture.JPG.e66b02e8a8ec4f9452ed1ca8a47f731f.JPG

36 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Trails within 10 km. of you are open since earlier this week. Quit complaining and get out and ride.

18 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Trails within 10 km. of you are open since earlier this week. Quit complaining and get out and ride.

No base it is all dirt pretty much. Looked at trail across from ok tire, it was beat by 7 am from traffic last night. Only one trail heading north now. Maybe I can get some local sleddders together and get a new connection from Petersburg to st agatha then to St Clements, for next winter. Have a few guys that are interested in re opening local trails. Summer project I guess. 

14 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

No base it is all dirt pretty much. Looked at trail across from ok tire, it was beat by 7 am from traffic last night. Only one trail heading north now. Maybe I can get some local sleddders together and get a new connection from Petersburg to st agatha then to St Clements, for next winter. Have a few guys that are interested in re opening local trails. Summer project I guess. 

It's too bad you weren't willing to help out the local clubs a couple years ago. The St Agatha trails might not have closed. They needed help and nobody stepped up so the trails closed.

35 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

No dirt showing on my field today. Trails I've been on were OK

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I have ridden five days in a row, busy with other crap today, will be riding all next week. Great year so far in the south..

2 years in a row, permit purchased, never left the drawer, happy to support as I hope to have somewhere to ride again when I get some time.

6 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

2 years in a row, permit purchased, never left the drawer, happy to support as I hope to have somewhere to ride again when I get some time.

Glad to hear you're still hanging in there. Lots of guys I know have left and come back. TVB just sold his and Andy (Revtechss) just got back in... It's hard to come back once you are out....

7 hours ago, FROSTYNUTZ said:

my understanding is limited is exactly that.  it's ridable, but many times with marginal snow cover, meaning exposed rocks, balls of frozen dirt, corn stalks,   water crossings are usually not yet frozen but you can get across them.  Limited usually means there's many more hazards to watch for so use extreme caution. 

I think Green means that there's really good snow cover, all water crossings are frozen and passable.  There's still hazards to watch for so use caution, but less likely to ride across a field with frozen mud balls and exposed rock..

Out today with Grand Children running Milverton and Ellice Swampers trails.  Went through to Moserville and out.  Lots of Dutch Chocolate chunks from those 20" plows in the corn fields.  Mostly all corn fields too.  It will be better next week end.

21 hours ago, zoso said:

LOL, stop being obtuse.

Stop being so closed minded and realize there are lots of examples where there are close similarities.

22 hours ago, Nutter said:

Posted a call for help on the PPSC FB page early today and did some coordinating with 3 other clubs, and with people answering the request for help on our FB page. Unit was back up and grooming it's way down the trail by 8pm :-) 

Kudo's to everyone involved for making it happen.

Ya'll rock!!!

21 hours ago, Nith Valley Sledder said:

It's too bad you weren't willing to help out the local clubs a couple years ago. The St Agatha trails might not have closed. They needed help and nobody stepped up so the trails closed.

Never knew they needed help. Do you think it would be an impossible task to re start that club and re connect the trails? You have any contacts of people interested? 

23 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Never knew they needed help. Do you think it would be an impossible task to re start that club and re connect the trails? You have any contacts of people interested? 

As long as the corporation  papers are still active and not dissolved anything is possible...

16 hours ago, cds13ca said:

my understanding is limited is exactly that.  it's ridable, but many times with marginal snow cover, meaning exposed rocks, balls of frozen dirt, corn stalks,   water crossings are usually not yet frozen but you can get across them.  Limited usually means there's many more hazards to watch for so use extreme caution. 

I think Green means that there's really good snow cover, all water crossings are frozen and passable.  There's still hazards to watch for so use caution, but less likely to ride across a field with frozen mud balls and exposed rock..

Yellow or green....use trails at your own risk. It’s been posted already this year that people have trailered to green status trails which should in fact have been closed. 

1 hour ago, Viperules700 said:

I've been telling you for a few years to get out and help a club. The Greenwood club was probably the closest one to you.

You can start by visiting the Greenwood Rod and Gun. They will put you on to the last people involved with the club for the best info. In District 5 I don't think you need to be an incorporated entity any more. D5 is the permit selling entity and I believe they are encouraging clubs to un-incorporate and run under the D5 banner. You would have to contact the D5 office for more complete info.

Are you willing to take on the responsibility of club president and all the duties that go along with it? All of the landowners will need to be brought on board again. Any unwilling landowners will require trail re-routes and new landowners sweet talked into allowing a trail on their property. Stakes and signs will have to be organized and a raft of other things will require somebody to actually do the work.

Can the Greenwood trails be reopened? Yes, anything is possible. Based on your unwillingness to even donate an afternoon pounding stakes or working a clubhouse on a Saturday I don't think you are the person to make it happen. Please prove me wrong.

Archived