Hunters with rifles on 301!

Giddy UP

On 2018-02-09 at 12:01 PM, Yukon Cornelious said:

Giddy Up has been a long time contributor to this forum. She is likely shocked more than anything..

She is not the entitled type, go easy on her boys....

Thank you

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Giddy UP said:

First of all.  Let me make myself clear.  I am not from the city, i have lived in the country for most of my life.  Second, my family and my friends are also hunters.  And i am certainly NOT entitled!  I am sorry, do you know that these hunters were in fact the land owners?  Sounds like you have personal knowledge of who they were?   I happen to have friends that have had these wolf hunters tresspass on their land in this same area and do this very same thing  and yes Blake, I was quite shocked more than anything to see this. I have been sledding for 50 years in and around this area, as well as Northern Ontario, long before OFSC had trails. I was suggesting that I find this perhaps a safety issue. I am not suggesting that a hunter can not use his or her land for whatever use they want, they absolutely have that right. However, accidents can happen, I was simply posting a warning that they were there. I think I was perhaps disgusted by all the blood on the trail and the fact that the animal had been left on the trail. Sorry “boys”, but this is not something that you come across everyday on the snowmobile trail.  A warning to let folks know that they are on this trail I thought was warranted in case there are others that would prefer to take a different route.

The context of my comment was well into this thread and was not pointed at you. The conversation had evolved beyond the scope of what you encountered and was more of a general reference regarding the loss of trails due to some snowmobilers who have a sense of entitlement.  Some have gotten "into it" with landowners on their own property. Sorry if it wasn't clear at that point. I wasn't suggesting you were entitled. There are unfortunately some who are. This past weekend we saw TRAIL CLOSED signs with lots of tracks running the closed trail rather than following the reroute.

Okay everyone  ... time to give this thread a rest. All thoughts in this debate has been presented.

Let's go snowmobiling.... Lots of snow on the trails. 

Giddy Up, Gary et al .... hope to see you all on the trails.

Cheers.

Archived