Kinmount Parking??

DaveTess

Hello All

Is there a place to park that is snowmobile friendly in Kinmount? 

I know the ATV parking just off the trail but I was wondering if there was something more suited for Truck and Trailer for snowmobiles.

Is There a place to park legally in Norland?

Thanks in advance.

Dave & Tess

Team 2UP

Without knowledge of backwoods local trails there's really only one way out of Norland east or west, both have considerable road scraping. 

Lots of Parking in Kinmount, can park by railway station right on the trail, entrance is right beside the bridge, or can park in the old gas bar just north of the LCBO, trail is right there across the road, easy to hit with a 100ft road scrape to the foot of the driveway of the Highlands Theater. 

KP.jpg.d7e721f862a7d53e866fb81615f05772.jpg

I always park at the old train station. If you are coming up hwy 121 from the east side of river, as soon as you cross bridge, turn left. It is right there on the main street and you are right on the rail trail.

2 hours ago, Nutter said:

Without knowledge of backwoods local trails there's really only one way out of Norland east or west, both have considerable road scraping. 

Lots of Parking in Kinmount, can park by railway station right on the trail, entrance is right beside the bridge, or can park in the old gas bar just north of the LCBO, trail is right there across the road, easy to hit with a 100ft road scrape to the foot of the driveway of the Highlands Theater. 

I have never really looked, but have seen if they plow out the parking area for the boat launch? 

4 hours ago, thetorches said:

I always park at the old train station. If you are coming up hwy 121 from the east side of river, as soon as you cross bridge, turn left. It is right there on the main street and you are right on the rail trail.

YUP .. ^^^^ this is where ive seen motorized tobogganers park .. ^^^^^

cheers

7 hours ago, Nutter said:

I was going to post if the old gas bar lot was available.

Archived